Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have avoided it so far from the ps3. I am traditionally very slow to adapt to technologies. I have only recently joined Facebook, just started playing games online! I didn't know you got 2 free games a month. Do you have it? Recommend it?
Yeah I've got the PS+ subscription. If you have a PS3 or Vita it's even more value since you get 2 free games for each of them too. I'd definitely recommend it if you have at least one of the other two. They give out good games for those gaming devices.

I'm not the most avid gamer but I've gotten a fair bit of value out of it. There's this game that's pixelated as * which I didn't think I'd like but it's extremely fun - Towerfall Ascension.
I think you'd get your money's worth since you have kids. It's like $70 for 12months.

Have you used GOG before?

http://www.gog.com

It's my preferred digital distribution platform, & run by the developers of The Witcher series CD Projekt Red. It's great because of the zero DRM you can share an account between mates with little conflict unless you want to play multiplayer together at which point a few games are locked due to CD key clashes, but you can just request extras from them.

It's my preferred digital distribution platform, & run by the developers of The Witcher series CD Projekt Red. It's great because of the zero DRM you can share an account between mates with little conflict unless you want to play multiplayer together at which point a few games are locked due to CD key clashes, but you can just request extras from them.

Yeah - I hate DRM.

I found GOG threw a Torrent Site

I've never heard of GOG, is it like Steam?

Similar. It's a Digital Distribution platform like steam, with low prices like Steam, and is probably the largest behind Steam that actually sells third-party games (ie. not Origin/uPlay). That's about where the similarities end.

First of all games on GOG have no DRM, which means that you can share the account as many times as you like, install on as many computers as you want, and outside of downloading the game there's no hassle playing offline (whereas Steam does its best to put you online wherever possible). There's no actual platform and to use the GOG downloader is completely optional which means no achievements, friends lists, any of that crap. You buy from their website, download it, and play it.

So what's a GOG? Some kind of impling? No... well maybe. GOG was originally known as Good Old Games - the url remained gog.com. All of their titles until a few years ago were timeless classics ranging from games from the 80s to the mid 00s, all packaged, optimized, and ready-to-go on any Windows systems with DOS Box included in the installer for the extra old games. The only 'new' game you'd see on their website were the Witcher and The Witcher 2, because the owners of GOG are also the developer of The Witcher.

Eventually this changed and they started to bring Indie games onto the platform, which eventually led to the change in name, at which point they decided on just using their URL. Pretty simple stuff.

GOG are where Steam were 8 years ago, but in a market already ready for their presence. They're the communal company that listens to what their customers want, and are providing a service to be just that, a service. That much is very apparent by the extremely slim pricing on the old games they have re-licensed (most games are about $5).

GOG has nowhere near the catalogue of Steam, and you won't find any of the latest blockbusters there, however if you're hunting for an old classic or an indie game you get more bang for your buck shopping there.

Has anyone else played The Order: 1886?

I thought it was a really good game but it was super short
I'm up to Chapter 9 and going to return it tomorrow.

I don't like it, and I know I'm close to finishing the game but pretty meh about it.

Has anyone else played The Order: 1886?

I thought it was a really good game but it was super short

I'm up to Chapter 9 and going to return it tomorrow.

I don't like it, and I know I'm close to finishing the game but pretty meh about it.

That's a pity, was going to pick it up tomorrow. Not usually one for these AAA titles but wanted something new for the PS4.

Majora's Mask it is!

That's a pity, was going to pick it up tomorrow. Not usually one for these AAA titles but wanted something new for the PS4.

Majora's Mask it is!
Do what I do, buy it, return it in a week.

A lot of people have enjoyed the game, it's just personally not for me. I'll do a review when I beat it.

It has fun aspects to it, but just not a game for me.

Whats your ps4 id?

Do what I do, buy it, return it in a week.

A lot of people have enjoyed the game, it's just personally not for me. I'll do a review when I beat it.

It has fun aspects to it, but just not a game for me.

Whats your ps4 id?

hmm.... killua_the_kid I think... I don't really play any games on PSN. The PC is for multiplayer :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get Final Fantasy Type-0.

I could list why but it would take all day, so save yourself time in both not having to read the rest of my post, not having to go to the store to buy it, and then not having to go back to the store to return it.
I didn't enjoy the story at all, not up to par for Final Fantasy games. It just seems way too 'kiddy'.

It was made for the psp though so you have to take that into account.

I didn't enjoy the story at all, not up to par for Final Fantasy games. It just seems way too 'kiddy'.

It was made for the psp though so you have to take that into account.

Not when they're charging $90 you don't.

Furthermore FF7 Crisis Core was also made for PSP and is the best FF game made since FFX.

Not when they're charging $90 you don't.

Furthermore FF7 Crisis Core was also made for PSP and is the best FF game made since FFX.
Yeah it definitely wasn't worth that sort of money.

I haven't played crisis core. X is right up there as my favourite game of all time, I'll be getting that remaster when it comes out so I can playthrough it again (I haven't played it for a few years now)

Yeah it definitely wasn't worth that sort of money.

I haven't played crisis core. X is right up there as my favourite game of all time, I'll be getting that remaster when it comes out so I can playthrough it again (I haven't played it for a few years now)

I'd probably suggest saving yourself $50 or so and picking up a PS3 remaster edition as I don't believe there'll be any difference (I'm assuming the PS3 version plays at 1080p/1080i, it's not like the textures or anything will be remastered 'again'). Then again if money just isn't the issue :p.

I was never that big into FFX and still am not, it will always be 8 for me.

I'd probably suggest saving yourself $50 or so and picking up a PS3 remaster edition as I don't believe there'll be any difference (I'm assuming the PS3 version plays at 1080p/1080i, it's not like the textures or anything will be remastered 'again'). Then again if money just isn't the issue :p.

I was never that big into FFX and still am not, it will always be 8 for me.
I don't have a PS3 anymore and I missed out on playing the remaster on it so I have to now get it on PS4, it's $70 online so not too bad for 2 games and like 150 hours of gameplay lol

I don't have a PS3 anymore and I missed out on playing the remaster on it so I have to now get it on PS4, it's $70 online so not too bad for 2 games and like 150 hours of gameplay lol

Yeah fair enough. Got Bloodborne today but only because I couldn't get cashback on my return, got store credit :( Will give it a whirl tomorrow.

Yeah that looked good but I was waiting for some reviews to come out before getting it. My mate won't stop raving about how good BF:Hardline is so I think that will be my next purchase

Don't get Final Fantasy Type-0.

I could list why but it would take all day, so save yourself time in both not having to read the rest of my post, not having to go to the store to buy it, and then not having to go back to the store to return it.
I bought it on PSN :p

Couldn't wait for the next morning from EB, even though I have the choice of returning it that way.

I like it!

The combat is really fun. It's a bit... not do anything, oh kill some things in the area, not do anything, kill some things in the area.

And the story is a bit confusing, not explained well, and a bit boring so far.

I love and hate how they offer so many characters. I just don't enjoy that freedom :(

I bought it on PSN :p

Couldn't wait for the next morning from EB, even though I have the choice of returning it that way.

I like it!

The combat is really fun. It's a bit... not do anything, oh kill some things in the area, not do anything, kill some things in the area.

And the story is a bit confusing, not explained well, and a bit boring so far.

I love and hate how they offer so many characters. I just don't enjoy that freedom :(

I think you're crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back