Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really enjoying BF:Hardline

The singleplayer was actually good (which is where Battlefield usually falls down), and I've only played a little bit online but it seems fun and fresh

I'm really enjoying BF:Hardline

The singleplayer was actually good (which is where Battlefield usually falls down), and I've only played a little bit online but it seems fun and fresh

I hated the beta, felt two dimensional and bland - so as a long time BF fan I'm glad to hear the release is much better!

Will definitely have to check it out once I've detoxed from my Cities: Skylines addiction.

I hated the beta, felt two dimensional and bland - so as a long time BF fan I'm glad to hear the release is much better!

Will definitely have to check it out once I've detoxed from my Cities: Skylines addiction.
Most of the maps are good. I like the sandstorms and environmental stuff that happens. I didn't play beta so I can't say if it's actually gotten better. The load-out system takes a bit of getting used to though

I have to admit some slight bias, considering I'm probably the biggest Witcher fan in Australia, but if you're a fan of RPG's and haven't played the Witcher 3 you're letting yourself down!

I saw that game at EB for $110:eek: What a Total Rip-Off

I have to admit some slight bias, considering I'm probably the biggest Witcher fan in Australia, but if you're a fan of RPG's and haven't played the Witcher 3 you're letting yourself down!
Picked it up yesterday, havent had a good chance to get into it yet though. My brother is loving it

I saw that game at EB for $110:eek: What a Total Rip-Off

Standard price for next gen console games again (similar to 06-08) expect to see it more and more often. Also it's totally worth it, best CRPG ever made. I don't throw around the tag 'best' lightly either and if there's one genre I know well it's that of the CRPG!

Picked it up yesterday, havent had a good chance to get into it yet though. My brother is loving it

You get totally hooked once you hit around level 5. Only thing that disappointed me is that a number of the locations from the books that I wanted to go to are unavailable :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot about that, have to remember that next game.

I wish JB had a loyalty program, I mostly end up buying there

It takes a lot to go up tiers at EB and I don't even trade in games :(

I stopped buying at JB after a disagreement... It was partly my fault but I'm stubborn like that :p

Dungeon Crawl on eBay/their website are far cheaper than either store for most games and are a Melboune based warehouse and worth checking out.

I stopped buying at JB after a disagreement... It was partly my fault but I'm stubborn like that :p

Dungeon Crawl on eBay/their website are far cheaper than either store for most games and are a Melboune based warehouse and worth checking out.
Is there a variety in the way of combat?

Is there a variety in the way of combat?

In what way? There's no combat triangle or anything but it's no Wild flailing like in the Elder Scrolls. On the hardest difficulty with light armour I get like 3 shot so it takes a lot of dodging and defensive play. There are two attack types (strong and fast) two dodges, parry, riposte, hand crossbow, and 5 spells with upgrades. There are also some resource using melee AOE attacks I haven't unlocked and I'm like 30 hours in lol.

Potions play a huge role and is the best ive seen alchemy used in a game (only challenged by Gothic 2) and are used in most fights for bonus damage if you can identify the type of monster you're fighting as well as heals/utility/self buffs etc.

The Witcher is based on 7 Polish novels (5 officially translated in English, others only have fan translations but highly recommended to read them) which are close in strength of lore to Lord of the Rings and that's reflected in the game. I've never seen a game aim so high and actually achieve it, and that's why it's the best. RPG's like Two Worlds and Gothic 3 aimed just as high and fell to a miserable death. The Witcher 3 takes the leap but through diligent work and a clear love for the world, it's not a leap of faith, they knew exactly what they were doing and achieved it to as close to perfection as you can rightly get.

Standard price for next gen console games again (similar to 06-08) expect to see it more and more often. Also it's totally worth it, best CRPG ever made. I don't throw around the tag 'best' lightly either and if there's one genre I know well it's that of the CRPG!

I have not got a PS4 or XBOX One or WII U AND I have no Plans of Buying 1.

I rather play my Retro Games

I forgot about that, have to remember that next game.

I wish JB had a loyalty program, I mostly end up buying there

I don’t buy enough Video Games to get a Loyalty Cards.

I normal DVD’s I look at JB is Sport and Anime and they are quite expensive:( Also look at TV Shows like Family Guy and Complete Series are also expensive

I don’t buy enough Video Games to get a Loyalty Cards.

I normal DVD’s I look at JB is Sport and Anime and they are quite expensive:( Also look at TV Shows like Family Guy and Complete Series are also expensive

Best advice for anime if you want to buy it is to get a multi-region bluray & DVD player and buy from the U.S. on eBay.

Also retro games are awesome, GOG is my second home (fun fact, it's owned by the developers of The Witcher).

Yeah I've bought from Dungeon Crawl before on ebay, it was a while ago though. I'm a little less inclined to buy games online when I don't know exactly which version of the game it is (just in case I want to download some DLC and it's the wrong zone).

If I know I won't want any DLC I buy online from Mighty Ape, they have some pretty good specials and pre-order bonuses.

Best advice for anime if you want to buy it is to get a multi-region bluray & DVD player and buy from the U.S. on eBay.

Also retro games are awesome, GOG is my second home (fun fact, it's owned by the developers of The Witcher).

How Cheap are Anime in E-Bay. How much for a Complete Series DVD?

I love Retro Games but I use Emulators to play them.

GOG is also Great as they Set Up the Old Games to run so you don’t have to set it up yourself

How Cheap are Anime in E-Bay. How much for a Complete Series DVD?

I love Retro Games but I use Emulators to play them.

GOG is also Great as they Set Up the Old Games to run so you don’t have to set it up yourself

Um depends on the series but generally Anime are expensive for a series anyway, the US just has the cheapest market if you speak English (or Japanese, funnily enough). From memory maybe $50 USD for ~20 episodes on Blu-Ray? Bit less on DVD. Been a while since I've checked.

Um depends on the series but generally Anime are expensive for a series anyway, the US just has the cheapest market if you speak English (or Japanese, funnily enough). From memory maybe $50 USD for ~20 episodes on Blu-Ray? Bit less on DVD. Been a while since I've checked.

What I seen at JB that $50 is the same price for 20 Epsiode Series for Anime.

Though I get anime from a Different Source.

I been watching Baby Steps which is a Great Anime

What I seen at JB that $50 is the same price for 20 Epsiode Series for Anime.

Though I get anime from a Different Source.

I been watching Baby Steps which is a Great Anime

Idk maybe I'm off but I remember it being noticeably cheaper (although back when our dollar was stronger).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back