Collingwood Magpies 2014 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

yes but that's a gamble because there is no gurantee that we will bid, then they are stuck with Moore and not the player they wanted in mitchell
Moore is easily worth Pick 8 and IF Hine Passes up. He will make a Massive Mistake

Seems pretty certain that you will though. I mean...why wouldnt you?

But we may be happy with Moore or Mitchell. We still need talls anyway.

.... Jeez you must really rate Moore. Im pretty sure every club on this land would prefer someone like macartin or wright over him. If there has to be someone with the highest ceiling in this draft, it would be Peter Wright, Huge forward/ruck with unbelievable agility, skills strength etc.
Nah he's right re: Moore. As it stands if you wanted to win a premiership in the next three years, McCartin and Wright are probably going to impact a game more. But once Moore gets into an AFL club and begins to further his development, lets just say the other two can't run 100m in under 12 seconds. He's not a stick like Jared Grant either and can take contested grabs. Still a fair bit to go, but there's a lot to work with there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Tip:

-Moore to pies for 1st Round Pick
-Lumumba to Dees for Pick 22 to be done in the 1st 2-3 Days
-Beams trade to go down to the last 15 Minutes

My Tip:

-Moore to pies for 1st Round Pick
-Lumumba to Dees for Pick 22 to be done in the 1st 2-3 Days
-Beams trade to go down to the last 15 Minutes

Moore at Pick 8 is a certainty.
Lumumba will go to Dees for 33 (Pick Cats give for Clark)
Beams trade won't be left that late, will not happen with the extended trade period.

The Adelaide recuitment manager was on AA and said Moore was a gun. Said if he was on the open market he would be top 5. Sounds like he will still be worth your first pick.

He is worth it Easily.

Was Domiante at CHF in the Prelim and Granny for Oakleigh

Wondering what you guys think of this? 5-team trades are usually hilariously unlikely but in this case it's really two separate deals involving Collingwood - a Clark/Lumumba deal and a Beams/Greenwood deal.

Clark to Geelong for pick 33
Lumumba to Melbourne for pick 33

Beams and pick 33 to Brisbane for picks 4 and 22
Greenwood to Collingwood for pick 22
____

Collingwood get: Greenwood, pick 4
Collingwood lose: Beams, Lumumba

Brisbane get: Beams, pick 33
Brisbane lose: Pick 4, pick 22

Geelong get: Clark
Geelong lose: pick 33

Melbourne get: Lumumba
Melbourne lose: Clark

North Melbourne get: Pick 22
North Melbourne lose: Greenwood

f**k greenwood.

we dont need to add to the list of poor users of the pill at the club.

The trade was based on this article saying you guys were heavily into him.

Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs have made strong plays for out-of-contract North Melbourne midfielder Levi Greenwood, who is weighing up his future this weekend.

The Magpies, who have a more urgent need for mature midfielders given the imminent exit of Heritier Lumumba and likely departure of Dayne Beams, are understood to have offered a more significant contract to Greenwood than North, which is awaiting word on the 25-year-old's decision.

The lack of respect/knowledge on Greenwood is not surprising

Agree. I've got a couple of North mates that love him. Got a bit of mongrel about him and looks to be coming into his own with a sustained run at it. They are spewing that we might be able to pry him away.

Agree. I've got a couple of North mates that love him. Got a bit of mongrel about him and looks to be coming into his own with a sustained run at it. They are spewing that we might be able to pry him away.
mate they tried to make him a tagger when he is a ball player and he finally got the crack at it and became a extremely good player. He would be a fantastic pick up if possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back