Remove this Banner Ad

Yezeha

All Australian
Feb 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Surely Elliott (along with Eddie Betts) would be considered, in my opinion, the in-form small forward of the competition. Two 5 goal bags in a row would surely have him right in contention for an All-Australian selection.

I reckon Williams is having an outstanding year as well. Sure, Nick Smith for Sydney has been solid as ever but Williams has really taken his game to another level this year.

Then of course, we have the usual suspects in Pendles and Swanny. Nothing new but still as awesome as ever.

I think Sidey would be in the frame too if he hadn't been injured. He's been outstanding in all three of his games this year.

Anyone who you think is worthy that I've missed? Or any that I've listed that I've overrated?

Thoughts?

Williams going ok but nowhere near AA for mine. Pendles and Swan maybe. Elliott would need to string another 3-4 dominant performances to even contend with Betts. Apart from Goldstein, Grundy is going almost as well as any other ruck man although he got handed a new recto today.

Elliott, Pendles, Swan and Sidey.

Swan has come into it the last 4 weeks, over 30 possessions each week.

Elliott the same. Didn't have a great start to the season but last 2 weeks have been as good as any small forward in the comp.

Pendles is just Pendles, even injured he's a top 10 AFL mid.

Sidey is an interesting one, I reckon a lot of neutral judges wouldn't see what he gives to us, but for mine he's our second most important player now behind the captain. Missing 6 weeks will hurt his chances but if he plays every game until the finals he may be in the squad.

One from left field is Toovey, best medium sized one on one defender in the game, won't be recognized as always though by AA selectors.

Some less obvious ones to make the squad:

• Sidebottom hasn't missed a beat despite missing six games. AA selection isn't based on games played unlike the Brownlow, so I expect him to make the squad if he keeps his form of present up.
  • Crisp won't be mentioned in any conversations at this stage but he's been incredible for us. The rate of improvement week to week, he just keeps getting better. He's that big-bodied, contested-ball-winning tackle machine mid we've been missing for a while now. I have him in my top five Collingwood players for every game rounds 3 through 9. And he's hitting the scoreboard almost every week. In future years, he's one to think about as an AA smoky. I love him.

150422_crisp300.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opinions on the main board are pretty interesting. The consensus is Pendlebury shouldn't be in the AA team.

I find that laughable to be honest...

Opinions on the main board are pretty interesting. The consensus is Pendlebury shouldn't be in the AA team.

Guess what goes against Pendles on the Main Board that he Plays for Collingwood

Not surprised, they kept us out of the team of the Century picking some sausage over the Prince of full backs :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back