List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Yes you clearly are not an accountant and you are clearly ignorant of how wealthy people arrange their finances and investments to avoid paying top tax rates. There are much better options than "paying a lot of interest" to minimize tax.
Likely what you say is correct.
Most tax minimisation that people do is entirely legal.
I have no problem with that.
Normally the govt allows such things if they think it benefits investment, self reliance eg not going on a pension later by self funding super as an example.
Some of the beliefs that cleverest accountants exist is a bit of a myth, not always but often.
If it's legal then same things are available to everyone.
Though many people don't earn mega dollars.... That's the rub.

Dawes is s**t may as well stick with White.

I agree always said White is better then Dawes if he was as physical as Dawes he wouldn't cop the s**t he does

I agree always said White is better then Dawes if he was as physical as Dawes he wouldn't cop the s**t he does

If White was as physical as Dawes he'd be gun, problem is he's not.

Hahaha you got me you sneaky bastard :D. Please i had a very bad weekend fishing, so I wanted to redeem myself by fishing for some likes :D

How does one have a bad weekend fishing? A bad days fishing is better than a good days work!!! Keep it in perspective!:D

If White was as physical as Dawes he'd be gun, problem is he's not.

True. But if he was physical he'd be a gun. And Sydney wouldn't have needed tippet and we wouldn't have had white. And we have Dawes spiking the ball for us still - I liked Dawes but couldn't understand his inability to use his hands.

Hahaha you got me you sneaky bastard :D. Please i had a very bad weekend fishing, so I wanted to redeem myself by fishing for some likes :D
hahahahahaha! Hope you catch a few then!

No, I am not an accountant, but at with a salary of 800k to 1.2m he most probably be in the top tax bracket otherwise he is paying allot of interest and then there is the medicare levy, so there's every chance he will kiss goodbye nearly 50% of his earnings.

I'm pretty sure afl players can use the averaging provisions that farmers do. Smooths there tax payments out.

Sam Mitchell has great agility. His quick steps allow him to get out of trouble.
It's well known that Mitchell slipped in his draft year because recruiters regarded him as slow. He's a smart player who reads the play well enough that he doesn't need to be fast, much like Pendlebury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can never understand why people think that deliberately losing money just to save tax is a good thing? Or that they can profit on selling a business that has been running at a loss.

Even negatively geared investment properties. They save you on tax now because they are losing money. What happens when you sell them later? Don't they just whack you with Capital Gains?

If I'm paying 45c in the dollar, my biggest problem in life is that I'm making shitloads of money

It's not all about negative gearing. It's about having a portfolio of tax deductions which you utilize at the right time to avoid paying tax. OBVIOUSLY you do not do this unless the money you save in tax is considerably greater than any money you might lose in the business or investment. If you are earning $1 mill a year then this will pretty much always be the case. If it didn't work rich people wouldn't do it would they and there wouldn't be a whole industry with highly paid accountants employed to minimize rich peoples tax.

Btw..You have a very nice biggest problem in life...

Can you make up something. Just to keep is going. Look forward to you updates. :thumbsu:

Danger is coming to Collingwood and its for the minimum because he loves black and white

I think that we need to look at signs that a player will be great down the track a bit better. Oxley's name has come up a few times, and I am worried about him going, and becoming a gun. Reason being, that when he was fit earlier in the season, he looked very good. When he started to get niggly injuries, form started to drop off. But when he was playing his best, that is what I can imagine will be more the norm when he gets a few more years under his belt.

On the other side of the coin, we need to get worried about players that make simple mistakes when they are fresh.

Howe is one that I can see getting more consistent as his career goes on. He had some awesome games this year, but at other times, he was very quiet. The quiet games, could of been the niggly injuries he was carrying, so this inconsistent tendency could be a result of that. More preseasons, an I reckon we'd have a winner.

Dawes was good for 30 goals a season before he was thrown into the ruck. For a 3rd to 4th rounder id bring him back.

Being quick in the mind can be just as crucial as being a quick runner.

Absolutely. And being quick of mind falls under the category of game awareness. But then game awareness directly influences your kicking efficiency and ability to run and carry... And kicking efficiency influences your game awareness as you'll be under less pressure.... It's certainly not a simplistic thing to evaluate all of this.

Likely what you say is correct.
Most tax minimisation that people do is entirely legal.
I have no problem with that.
Normally the govt allows such things if they think it benefits investment, self reliance eg not going on a pension later by self funding super as an example.
Some of the beliefs that cleverest accountants exist is a bit of a myth, not always but often.
If it's legal then same things are available to everyone.
Though many people don't earn mega dollars.... That's the rub.
You do have a very interesting writing style Saintly.
You are right.. for the tax system to work in your favor in this way you have to be a high earner in the first place so that the tax saved exceeds any real losses incurred and risk (not that there has to be real losses incurred.. the aim is for paper losses). The government is generally made up of very wealthy ambitious individuals who mix with business people and wealthy people all the time and then do their bidding. There's not much incentive for them to straighten out the tax benefits mainly enjoyed by the wealthy. I bet Mit Romney is still only paying 14% a year despite all the negative publicity it got. In terms of it being legal?? well there's always a huge grey area in this stuff and the as a criminal offense the burden of proof is very high.. so the risk is low.. consequently people push the envelope a lot.

Danger is coming to Collingwood and its for the minimum because he loves black and white
lovely done, but pie beast will be on the prowl now

I did and gave the latest update earlier in the week nothing new

But you said you have more Info Pre-GF and Just wondering IF That Meant you where talking to your Mate on GF Day

Dawes was good for 30 goals a season before he was thrown into the ruck. For a 3rd to 4th rounder id bring him back.
White is good for 30 goals too. And he's not injury prone like Dawes has become.

But you said you have more Info Pre-GF and Just wondering IF That Meant you where talking to your Mate on GF Day
Settle down TD, I am worried about yout heart being able to handle all this anxiety :D. Dont worry we will get everyone available on the market :D. Until then take it easy bud, because we want you in top shape when the trade period kicks of to fire up all the welcome to Collingwood threads :D

It's well known that Mitchell slipped in his draft year because recruiters regarded him as slow. He's a smart player who reads the play well enough that he doesn't need to be fast, much like Pendlebury.

I said he's agile, not quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back