List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
55333855.jpg

Mate he is gettable. Anyone from those expansion teams are gettable. Not saying we will be the ones to get him, but I daresay he will leave at the end of next year.

GC would be the best team to pick off. The close relationship Eade has with Buckley and Eade is about to trade a few players to shake the playing culture up.

Just an update based on some information I've received:

Club believes Freeman's hamstring is cooked. Were happy to keep him but aren't confident he'll ever get over his hamstring issues.
Karnezis has been going around town bagging Buckley to anyone who will listen. He has been whinging that Buckley doesn't let players play their natural game and that everything is too structured. He says that this is the reason why Freeman has decided to leave. Telling everyone that apparently Buckley allowed the players to have an open forum and he claims a lot of the players said the same thing.
Sam Reid wants to come to Collingwood but it may be too hard to get a deal done / fit him in the salary cap.
Howe is wanted but definitely not on a figure anywhere close to $600k.
Collingwood looking to further improve their forward line in addition to Reid and Howe.

Also, this most likely won't eventuate, but Cloke has received a massive offer from the Gold Coast. The offer is for more years to his current contract and for more money. Cloke thinking about it but most likely it won't go anywhere.
If true, first point of call for natural talent footballers when they can't cut it, is to say that the coach was too restrictive and wouldn't allow the footballer to play his natural game. PK has now had a falling out with two coaches. Wonder how he'll get along with the Local League coach next year?

Freeman hasn't really played too many games to be leaving on that account. If so, he won't get a lot different at Saint Kilda. I call Bullshit.

The story is most likely bullshit. The current game is heavily reliant on structures, set plays and players playing their role. Two way running can be perceived as restrictive by naturally attacking midfielders. Too bad, that's the current game. Forwards have to roll up the ground and then work their arse off to reset. Too bad.

Those telling this story and hoping to somehow bag Buckley and the club, don't realise that PK comes out looking like crap no matter how they spin it.

Club believes Freeman's hamstring is cooked. Were happy to keep him but aren't confident he'll ever get over his hamstring issues.
Karnezis has been going around town bagging Buckley to anyone who will listen. He has been whinging that Buckley doesn't let players play their natural game and that everything is too structured. He says that this is the reason why Freeman has decided to leave. Telling everyone that apparently Buckley allowed the players to have an open forum and he claims a lot of the players said the same thing.
Sam Reid wants to come to Collingwood but it may be too hard to get a deal done / fit him in the salary cap.
Collingwood looking to further improve their forward line in addition to Reid and Howe.

Also, this most likely won't eventuate, but Cloke has received a massive offer from the Gold Coast. The offer is for more years to his current contract and for more money. Cloke thinking about it but most likely it won't go anywhere.
Sam Reid rumour is old news, someone else mentioned that a few weeks ago

Free agency starts on Friday, a few days before trade period. Is there anything relevant that could happen in free agency for us? Or are we just about the trades

All about Trades. We where into Kruszer for awhile but did not Go Thru with it

Doesn't make a lot of sense for Freeman to be walking because "Bucks won't let him play his natural game". Freeman hasn't been fit often enough for that to even be an issue.
If Karnezis did say that, sounds like code for "it was all too hard". Just playing footy in the way that's fun for you personally isn't what is required at AFL level these days.
Exactly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Karnezis may have a point.

Great post by Neil Appelby on Nicks:

I think we can accept that the deal is done and dusted. No matter how much Richmond wants to whinge and complain, Treloar chose Collingwood some time ago. Every noted journo seems to have the 'inside knowledge' that the deal is done and that only a little tidying up is needed. Damian Barrett, Caro, Robbo, Sam McClure, John Ralph and David King have all expressed the opinion that Treloar will be a very early trade. Both Ralph and Caro expressed surprise that he chose Collingwood over the Tigers, but as Treloar said on the weekend, he wants to play with a young list heading for a flag. No wonder Richmond was miffed.
icon_biggrin.gif

Agree - No One in Media has Confirmed it but they all seem to say/hinting this trade will be done early in the Trade Period
icon_biggrin.gif

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1632264#1632264

I just am just pumped to see if any surprises happen.

I would love to get a good footballer that no one has even spoken about yet and add him to our lost with Treloar.

Trade period can make or break your list for the following season. Footy these past few years has been very even and we have seen enough proof of that. We could have easily won against Port, Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn you also have North Melbourne who just snuck in the 8 and went in to play in a prelim final. West Coast didn't even make the 8 last year and they played off in the GF yesterday.

You bring in a few quality players and fill a few holes on the list and all of a sudden you are back. Bring on trade week!

I would love to get a good footballer that no one has even spoken about yet and add him to our lost with Treloar.

Trade period can make or break your list for the following season. Footy these past few years has been very even and we have seen enough proof of that. We could have easily won against Port, Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn you also have North Melbourne who just snuck in the 8 and went in to play in a prelim final. West Coast didn't even make the 8 last year and they played off in the GF yesterday.

You bring in a few quality players and fill a few holes on the list and all of a sudden you are back. Bring on trade week!
Lets do a West Coast but one better ;)

There seems to be always a Surprise trade in Trade Period. Be Intresting IF Hine has 1 or 2 up his Sleeve.

Hopefully tying to get a good young KPD

I just am just pumped to see if any surprises happen. I would love to get a good footballer that no one has even spoken about yet and add him to our lost with Treloar. Trade period can make or break your list for the following season. Footy these past few years has been very even and we have seen enough proof of that. We could have easily won against Port, Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn you also have North Melbourne who just snuck in the 8 and went in to play in a prelim final. West Coast didn't even make the 8 last year and they played off in the GF yesterday. You bring in a few quality players and fill a few holes on the list and all of a sudden you are back. Bring on trade week!

Wow, you are pumped. :p

If GC offered Peter Wright & their 1st Pick, I'd do the trade for Cloke in a heartbeat.
Peter plus 2015 and 2016 first round picks for Cloke and seeds ;)

I would be seriously pissed off if we lost Cloke no matter how good the compensation from GC. Irreplaceable for us.

Lol if that's true about Karnezis he can get ****ed. I'd like to see Clarko's or Lyon's reaction to fringe players 'playing their natural game' rather than adhering to team structures. Like I've heard Bucks say numerous times, today footy isn't often won by individual brilliance (of course it helps), instead it really comes down to a battle of structures

I would be seriously pissed off if we lost Cloke no matter how good the compensation from GC. Irreplaceable for us.

Lol if that's true about Karnezis he can get stuffed. I'd like to see Clarko's or Lyon's reaction to fringe players 'playing their natural game' rather than adhering to team structures. Like I've heard Bucks say numerous times, today footy isn't often won by individual brilliance (of course it helps), instead it really comes down to a battle of structures

With Bucks saying that Trading Cloke would be a Joke and Idiotic. I doubt he will do it

Lol if that's true about Karnezis he can get stuffed. I'd like to see Clarko's or Lyon's reaction to fringe players 'playing their natural game' rather than adhering to team structures. Like I've heard Bucks say numerous times, today footy isn't often won by individual brilliance (of course it helps), instead it really comes down to a battle of structures
I think Bucks has already made more than clear that we have no interest in trading Cloke.
I guess there's always the trade you can't turn down, but it's pretty hard to imagine.

I don't get the karnezis stuff but. He's bagging buckley but if he was good enough other teams would have inquired about him. We didnt force him into retirement. Modern day football is about structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back