List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be glued to that trade radio when ever i am free. I may even call up a few times if ive got some good questions :)

At the start of Barrett and Wallaces' segment in the afternoon, they blew smoke up each others' butts for a while, which was hilarious. Then, shortly after Barrett gave Richmond a bit of a whack today for missing out on Treloar, a tiggies fan called in and tried to give him a hard time about what his job is all about. Barrett cut him off quite quickly, but it was entertaining for a minute.
As far as actual use, when they interview list or player managers, you sometimes get info straight from the horse's mouth that's worth knowing, but listening to the 'list manager' can be absolutely excruciating [for tone of voice and banal knowledge].

I am going to be glued to that trade radio when ever i am free. I may even call up a few times if ive got some good questions :)
You realise trade radio is back on the air? lol. You've missed 3 whole days of opportunities to call in! Some guy ribbed Damo today. Called up, got through and said "G'day Lads, I had a question about Jake Carlisle but I just thought of a better one whilst I was holding the line." He obviously talked s**t to the guy who puts them on air just so he could get on, then he says "Damo, what would you report on if trade week didn't exist?" Damo gets all stroppy and says "there'd be plenty mate." The guy goes again and says "all you did all year was speculate on potential trade moves, you wouldn't have anything else to talk about if trade week wasn't around." Damo bites back and says "well mate, you, like everyone have the choice to listen or not, and quite frankly I'd prefer if you didn't." Then the guy gets cut off lol. Damo in his typical figjam style didn't appreciate it at all lol.

You realise trade radio is back on the air? lol. You've missed 3 whole days of opportunities to call in! Some guy ribbed Damo today. Called up, got through and said "G'day Lads, I had a question about Jake Carlisle but I just thought of a better one whilst I was holding the line." He obviously talked s**t to the guy who puts them on air just so he could get on, then he says "Damo, what would you report on if trade week didn't exist?" Damo gets all stroppy and says "there'd be plenty mate." The guy goes again and says "all you did all year was speculate on potential trade moves, you wouldn't have anything else to talk about if trade week wasn't around." Damo bites back and says "well mate, you, like everyone have the choice to listen or not, and quite frankly I'd prefer if you didn't." Then the guy gets cut off lol. Damo in his typical figjam style didn't appreciate it at all lol.
Highlight of trade week radio so far. Still no breaking news though.

Dunno why people rip into Barrett tbh, he gets quite a lot right when others are way off he's a very good journo
I actually like his segment on the footy show and do enjoy his reporting, BUT I hate when he tries to be analytical. Plus, he's a massive cocksmack.

At the start of Barrett and Wallaces' segment in the afternoon, they blew smoke up each others' butts for a while, which was hilarious. Then, shortly after Barrett gave Richmond a bit of a whack today for missing out on Treloar, a tiggies fan called in and tried to give him a hard time about what his job is all about. Barrett cut him off quite quickly, but it was entertaining for a minute.
As far as actual use, when they interview list or player managers, you sometimes get info straight from the horse's mouth that's worth knowing, but listening to the 'list manager' can be absolutely excruciating [for tone of voice and banal knowledge].
Did enjoy Barrett's poke at Richmond / KB... Quite like him in general actually- seems to call it as he sees it and actually wants to give non-spun information, almost like he is some kind of journalist or something.

Dunno why people rip into Barrett tbh, he gets quite a lot right when others are way off he's a very good journo
He ripped into Bucks once, referring to him as a sook and bad loser. I think he is deliberately controversial to attract more attention, Caro style.

He ripped into Bucks once, referring to him as a sook and bad loser. I think he is deliberately controversial to attract more attention, Caro style.
what's the big deal ? Nearly all the posters on here have ripped into bucks at one stage or another doesn't make them ccontroversial, it's only because he had a voice in the media he gets made to look like a bad guy. I actually reckon he is the most credible journo out of all them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a side - comparing us to Geelong this trade period.

Both clubs seem to be in a similar phase of rebuilding without bottoming out completely.

But boy, aren't they a destination club?

Zac Smith today nominated the Cats.
Plus Lachie Henderson, Scott Selwood, Danger. And they've been able to hang onto players who were somewhat on the outer like Motlop.

Has me wondering - why aren't we being as aggressive? Treloar in, several outs, and a few picks in the 20s or some lowly players from Port - doesn't sound too promising in comparison.

At least Caro has some substance and actually investigates for (most of) the work she does.
Like a lot of journos, she's willing to put her name to quite a few stories that are slanted and do not always reveal everything they could; or use vague enough language that it can avoid slander and still claim to be on the money.

anyone interested in Lennon?
Seedsman + 44 to GC for 19, then
19 to C**ton
Yarran to ***chmond
Lennon to us

or is Lennon too similar to Elliott / Fas?[/QUOTE

Great imagination in that deal. Always preferred Lennon to Freeman in draft of 2013. Can't see Bitchmond agreeing though. Would have to throw in a sweetener of some sort.

Yeah they haven't signed on the dotted line yet because they're not allowed to. SEN make a living out of speculation and hearsay. Treloar has said it, Bucks has said it, Eddie has said it, Swanny has said it...

We all know that and Bucks and Eddie and Treloar have stated he is coming to us.
However, I heard Mark Allen say that today in Trade Sentral.
He is a very passionate Collingwood supporter.
All he meant to say was that it won't be done as easily as some think.
GWS will try and get overs for him.

He is the best in the business by a fair margin bet PieBeast hates him

Both clubs seem to be in a similar phase of rebuilding without bottoming out completely.

Plus Lachie Henderson, Scott Selwood, Danger. And they've been able to hang onto players who were somewhat on the outer like Motlop.

Has me wondering - why aren't we being as aggressive? Treloar in, several outs, and a few picks in the 20s or some lowly players from Port - doesn't sound too promising in comparison.

Well, let's at least wait til the end of the trading period before deciding, but there's no doubt that Wells is a top operator.
Having said that, I wouldn't want three of those four at Collingwood.

If they have to trade for Danger & Selwood though..........

The blowing of smoke up Terry's butt by purple today was ridiculous. I swear the whole first egmant was Barratt telling Wallace how good he is and Wallace saying that club recruiters have been known to play his list management thoughts to the board to prove they are on the right track.

How funny was the Tiggy supporter that called up and tried to give it to Barrett.. Must be a tough year for them with Trelour, Bennell, Hartlett, Aish and now maybe Yarran not wanting to play for them..

Did enjoy Barrett's poke at Richmond / KB... Quite like him in general actually- seems to call it as he sees it and actually wants to give non-spun information, almost like he is some kind of journalist or something.
As well as giving it to the Punt Road Pretenders he also HATES Brisbane and makes little digs at them especially Leppo and Rocko when ever he can..

Danger is no credits to Geelong. Simple best placed geographically. Selwood coz of family ties. Henderson will be interesting. We got Treloar which is quite a feat seeing the competition. And we do explore all options, I do expect us to go hard at those that we want.
Last but not least. We are getting young guns and are losing young fringe players this year. Geelong are losing best 22 and keep on ageing players simply for the sake of not completely bottoming out. We are in a bit more pain but bigger upside collectively . Small margin but still. And yes Geelong next year look like they might be in finals but long way from GF

Best caller ever

The blowing of smoke up Terry's butt by purple today was ridiculous. I swear the whole first egmant was Barratt telling Wallace how good he is and Wallace saying that club recruiters have been known to play his list management thoughts to the board to prove they are on the right track.

How funny was the Tiggy supporter that called up and tried to give it to Barrett.. Must be a tough year for them with Trelour, Bennell, Hartlett, Aish and now maybe Yarran not wanting to play for them..
The other enjoyable part was Wallace making the case for Port trading Lobbe, and getting all pleased with himself as Barrett praised the idea.
Then Port's list manager comes on and replies to his question [something like]:
he's vice captain, a key player, he's under contract for four years - he's not going anywhere.
Then once the interview is over, Wallace starts heaping praise on Port for not considering the idea of trading Lobbe!
Too funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back