List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You be in your Bed Crying for a very long time iF Witts Left Collingwood Maggie5
Sad for awhile but life goes on TD, have followed the Pies since 1954, you get used to it.
There will always be a chance to choose another favourite player.
I always seem to choose ones that are likely to be traded for some reason.

What about him?
Well he requested a trade to Collingwood for more game time, now he is behind Swan, Pendles, Adams, Sidebottom, Aish, Treloar, Crisp, Varcoe & De Goey.
Where does he fit in?

anybody else thinking Howe is waiting to make a decision til we get one of the Aish or Treloar deal done?
FWIW, his manager said today that he's got a lot of interest, and he is unlikely to stay at Melbourne.
Also, repeated the fact that the money reported in the media was ridiculous and that money was not the driving force. He's interested in going to a club that will let him play more of 'Gunston-type' role.

Well he requested a trade to Collingwood for more game time, now he is behind Swan, Pendles, Adams, Sidebottom, Aish, Treloar, Crisp, Varcoe & De Goey.
Where does he fit in?

He be our Defensive Inside Mid as he shown when he Shut Duckwood Up

Why is it always Collingwood that these teams choose to take their heroic test case against? Puffing their chests out and talking tough and drawing lines in the sand? God they must hate us. Stevens, Ball, Aish. I mean it's OK for Hawthorn and Sydney and Geelong to pillage and plunder stripping the AFL bare of talent and that's just accepted as part of the evolution of free agency but the second the Pies look like getting any kind of leg up we jolt to attention and go to Defcon 5 and try to take some sort of perverted moral stand on a trade taking place. So dreadfully predictable.

Where does he fit in?
Not sure if serious, but I'll bite:
Adams and Greenwood are the present inside mids; De Goey is just developing [nicely, thanks].
Crisp can play inside if required to [as can several others], but we can make use of many of these players outside or in-between [i.e. the second handball out].

He be our Defensive Inside Mid as he shown when he Shut Duckwood Up
I thought that was Macaffers role, he was rated as one of the best taggers in the comp at one stage.
So effectively you are paying Greenbuck $400k a season to tag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does he fit in?
Haven't been following the conversation, but assuming you're talking about Greenwood, he's one of only two genuine inside mids on our list.

Honestly not sure why you'd assume he would be behind the likes of Sidebottom, Aish, Varcoe or even Swan given the first 3 don't even play the same position and Swan will likely be spending a lot more time forward as he gets older.

Where does he fit in?
I don't get what that has to do with what I said about us not needing North to get the Treloar deal done?

Greenwood will very easily slot into our midfield. De Goey, Swan and Sidebottom all spent time at half forward. Pendles and Varcoe both spent time at half back. Treloar and Aish aren't even Collingwood players yet.

Not sure if serious, but I'll bite:
Adams and Greenwood are the present inside mids; De Goey is just developing [nicely, thanks].
Crisp can play inside if required to [as can several others], but we can make use of many of these players outside or in-between [i.e. the second handball out].
Yeh im serious, he is behind all of those blokes.

I thought that was Macaffers role, he was rated as one of the best taggers in the comp at one stage.
So effectively you are paying Greenbuck $400k a season to tag?
Caff is depth. Great tagged but struggles to win his own ball. Greenwood can not only shut down an opponent, but win his own ball at the same time. 21 disposals, a goal and a demolition job on Selwood against Geelong was a prime example of that. Can also play as a ball winner if no tag is needed.
He's so far ahead of Caff it's not funny.

I think he has more chance than the current North Melbourne team. The age profile should be concerning to most supporters, and the 37 year old is still probably your best player.
'Age profile' is the most overrated thing talked about. Hawthorn had the oldest 22 to win a flag.

Wouldn't be adverse to picking up Crowley for a year. Have him lock down on their best mid, let Treloar, Pendlebury & Swan roam free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back