List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. If posters on here, like scodog, want to criticise Hine and Co then they too are up for criticism when they stuff up a prediction or player to trade in/out. The whole resources of the club is overblown, compared to others. End of the day, we have the same criteria as all other clubs have for selecting draftees. May be beneficial to snare a hidden rookie pick or something but there is just so much professionalism amongst all clubs now for a top quality player to slip through unnoticed. When these guys are talking up how well Brisbane are going to do or how good Essendon have built their list, why do they think their opinions on us should carry any weight?

By all means offer an opinion, but to think any mug punter on here knows more then any recruiting department in the AFL is pulling his wang. It's interesting reading the drafts/trading board for some general idea on a players style/type because anyone can judge that, that's watched them play. Predicting what that player could become or where he'll get drafted is best left to the experts, IMO. Nothing stopping people having a go but don't come across as though their s**t don't stink when it comes to discussing draftees values.

When you buy a 2nd Commodore, you are hoping for the best and that you have no issues. It's 2nd hand after all and it's a real possibility. It's why it's so cheap. There's a chance it's a lemon. If it was good and reliable, it wouldn't be cheap. You advocating going a cheap new car that in all unlikelihood is rubbish anyway that you'll need to replace in 2 years because it just couldn't get th job done.
Beautifully said, but lost on so many.
Some actually do think they know more than professional people at our club and when questioned about their current job, most will tell you they are flipping burgers at Maccas (or something similar) and then get all indignant when you start laughing at their football posts

Question, if Wines is so good, and it's pretty well known that Gray, Wingard, Boak, Bartlett and Ebert are pretty good, why are port so s**t this year?

I take a fair bit of interest in Port as I quite enjoy their style of play, but it's difficult to put a finger on why they've been fairly ordinary this year. Ports football is based around fast ball movement, waves of running and a lot of risky decision making by foot. I found that in 2014 they produced some great football and snuck over the line a few times from a fair way back, which kinda masked their deficiencies for a time. But when things aren't clicking for them, they look incapable of hitting a target. Polec has been a massive loss this year as he is one of their more assured ball users and was critical in linking up last season.

I don't think they're as bad as their ladder position suggests.. I mean teams who can take it to the limit with Hawthorn and Freo (even beating the former) aren't going to be bad footy sides. I think they're a team who have hit a necessary hurdle en route to a real premiership swing.

Beautifully said, but lost on so many.
Some actually do think they know more than professional people at our club and when questioned about their current job, most will tell you they are flipping burgers at Maccas (or something similar) and then get all indignant when you start laughing at their football posts

Geez how's the view from your lofty perch?

On Paper we have a pretty good midfield, so who are we overrating?

Adams? Crisp? Pendlebury?

Neither, Pendlebury had a pretty poor game by his standards thats why our midfield got dismantled. That's why another gun midfielder in Treloar would do wonders to our midfield and team as a whole.

Disagree. If posters on here, like scodog, want to criticise Hine and Co then they too are up for criticism when they stuff up a prediction or player to trade in/out. The whole resources of the club is overblown, compared to others. End of the day, we have the same criteria as all other clubs have for selecting draftees. May be beneficial to snare a hidden rookie pick or something but there is just so much professionalism amongst all clubs now for a top quality player to slip through unnoticed. When these guys are talking up how well Brisbane are going to do or how good Essendon have built their list, why do they think their opinions on us should carry any weight?

By all means offer an opinion, but to think any mug punter on here knows more then any recruiting department in the AFL is pulling his wang. It's interesting reading the drafts/trading board for some general idea on a players style/type because anyone can judge that, that's watched them play. Predicting what that player could become or where he'll get drafted is best left to the experts, IMO. Nothing stopping people having a go but don't come across as though their s**t don't stink when it comes to discussing draftees values.

When you buy a 2nd Commodore, you are hoping for the best and that you have no issues. It's 2nd hand after all and it's a real possibility. It's why it's so cheap. There's a chance it's a lemon. If it was good and reliable, it wouldn't be cheap. There's also a chance that because it's proven it can be a very good car for while yet and actually do what you want it too. You're advocating going a cheap new car that in all unlikelihood is rubbish anyway that you'll need to replace in 2 years because it just couldn't get th job done. No risk no reward. Picking guys late in the draft, is not a formula for success. Hawthorn trade good picks for their players. Like I've said before, if you want to trade our 1st and 2nd round picks, you'll get a better player and success rate. Also, not a long term formula for success.

Just to pull you up I haven't ever criticised Derek Hine. He's very good at his profession I'm just not a fan of the "in Hine we trust" mantra of some. Like the coaches and players he will and has made mistakes and so long as the positives outweigh the negatives he's the man to stay in charge (if he chooses).

The most interesting aspect of all this talk is how highly critical you yourself were of my opinion that we need to prioritise another KPF in order to take the next step within the next 3-5 years, however I've seen some talk from you of late in relation to that particular need. Has the past fortnight provided a different perspective on life without Cloke?

It's a shame you got so hung up on my use of language and took it as a slight on Hine & Co because it could have been a decent discussion...

Last edited:
Just to pull you up I haven't ever criticised Derek Hine. He's very good at his profession I'm just not a fan of the "in Hine we trust" mantra of some. Like the coaches and players he will and has made mistakes and so long as the positives outweigh the negatives he's the man to stay in charge.

The most interesting aspect of all this talk is how highly critical you yourself were of my opinion that we need to prioritise a KPF in order to take the next step within the next 3-5 years, however I've seen some talk from you of late in relation to that particular need. Has the past fortnight provided a different perspective on life without Cloke?

It's a shame you got so hung up on my use of language and took it as a slight on Hine & Co because it could have been a decent discussion...
Nah, happy to recruit a KPF. Just don't think it's as an urgent need as others. Moore, Reid and Cloke with White as a back up or back up ruck. That's healthy depth at this point in time, IMO. I'm not as hung up on the Reid, will he, won't he mantra. He'll be fine, IMO. I won't complain if we draft a KPF but if it's a choice between a gun mid now or to develop a young KPF, I'm going the gun mid. If anything, the performances of Moore and our midfield only strengthen my belief.

Seedsman for Yarran.

I wish Carlton would do that trade but I am sure they would rather our second round pick instead.

We could possibly do the Seedsman for Yarran trade and if we keep our second round pick we can trade our first and second rounders a long with Kennedy to GWS for Treloar.

I have had enough with Seedsman. He has been on our list for some time now and he can barley get over 15 touches a game. As for Kennedy, he has been great in VFL but awful in the AFL. Maybe GWS would be better for him or somewhere else than staying at Collingwood.

Seedsman for Yarran.

I wish Carlton would do that trade but I am sure they would rather our second round pick instead.

We could possibly do the Seedsman for Yarran trade and if we keep our second round pick we can trade our first and second rounders a long with Kennedy to GWS for Treloar.

I have had enough with Seedsman. He has been on our list for some time now and he can barley get over 15 touches a game. As for Kennedy, he has been great in VFL but awful in the AFL. Maybe GWS would be better for him or somewhere else than staying at Collingwood.

No way Kennedy gets a game at GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are desperate for a fast rebounding defender and have no one on the list who can do it.

Do you wonder why we have persisted with Seedsmen so many times?

I'm all for it but just wondering if any rumours were floating around

I'm all for it but just wondering if any rumours were floating around

Not sure if any there are any "official" rumours, but Carlton trading some experienced players after the hell they've had would make a lot of sense.

Add to that Carlton have been annoyed with some of the things Yarran has done, and I reckon it's a decent chance both parties are open to a trade.

Kennedy + Steak knives for Yarran is something we could explore, depending on whether Carlton rate Kennedy or not.

So if we end up 12th does that mean we get pick 7 or are there priority picks?

And if we have pick 7 and find another way to get Treloar ie: Witts and 1st round 2016

Do we take best available or go for Weideman who is tipped to go late teens?

Nah, happy to recruit a KPF. Just don't think it's as an urgent need as others. Moore, Reid and Cloke with White as a back up or back up ruck. That's healthy depth at this point in time, IMO. I'm not as hung up on the Reid, will he, won't he mantra. He'll be fine, IMO.

I'm sorry but you are clearly deluded and living in a fantasy land if you think there are no worries about Reid.

So he isn't going to play for us? Who for then?

Got no clue but we were a lock for Clarke last year this things can always change

Richmond Carlton North take your pick

At least we will have a good pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back