Status
Not open for further replies.

ksardog

Brownlow Medallist
May 9, 2008
south australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
I dare say he only mentioned the players involved not the whole trade. If true my guess is it would involve a pick on our behalf as well. He said we have officially expressed interest in Aish with Brisbane.

If McClure in fact does have a source at Collingwood (and I hope he does) he has also said Treloar has chosen us.

Exchange of second and third round picks. On a side note, if seedsman is traded, witts may leave as he is close mates, house mates i think, with seedsman. Who knows

As picks stand now
Bris seedsman pick 26
Pies aish pick 37
I would do that, aish has done stuff all this year, at least seedsman has won a medal.

ace andy

All Australian
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do clubs really thrash out deals this far out? I doubt it considering they take so long to complete deals in trade week I hardly think they have been working on it since mid season. Obviously they approach players but its the trading with other clubs part that I doubt.

ksardog

Brownlow Medallist
May 9, 2008
south australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do clubs really thrash out deals this far out? I doubt it considering they take so long to complete deals in trade week I hardly think they have been working on it since mid season. Obviously they approach players but its the trading with other clubs part that I doubt.

Im sure no deal is settled, but they would hav a rough idea through managers ect on what may be going to happen in certain circumstances.

Its when other clubs but in, thats what causes delays as clubs would use it as leverage to get a better deal.

If Aish is out of Contract and says he want's to walk I'd imagine his agent would be talking to interested parties.

Agree - Trades are not really talked about between clubs until at the Earliest during the Finals when team are Knocked out or Did not make it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
Worst part about it is Seeds is my 9yo sons favourite player (yes I know) and I was driving home with him after his footy, with the radio on as McClure spoke about the trade.

I look in the mirror and see a shocked look on his face and before I can get out …'don't worry it's only a rumour'..I hear him say to his sister - 'well Billy Elliott it is then'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back