List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also worth noting that despite not being an amazing player, he was recruited and played in his College first team, despite having no previous background in the sport. He actually came from a soccer background.

The guy is incredibly talented. AFL is the second sport now he's taken up with no prior experience, and been able to compete at a high level.
Doesn't he have a brother that plays high level sport as well?

Yeah, he changed his mind again with a couple of minutes to go in the first quarter. Decided to go with salt and vinegar instead of barbeque. Got word to his management group immediately, expect Bartlett to be all over it on Monday morning.

Any chance we could trade karnezis for Sam Grimely(Hawthorn)?
He's the same height as Moore, 25 year old. Absolutely dominating the VFL, although he can't get a gig at Hawthorn for obvious reasons. He's won the leading goal kicker for 2014 in the VFL. He's also plays in the ruck. Last trade period, he openly stated he was looking for opportunity. http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2014-10-10/grimley-lowden-assessing-options

If karnezis wants to go, I think this would be a fair trade. He's only played 3 afl games, none this year.

If we dare snatch him, I think we are set for a while. It allows Reid to go to the backline, and also allows us to trade a few more players.

This is a good idea. Both fringe players for their own reasons, and there are always opportunities elsewhere. Might be worth a look.

Off topic but I can't for the life of me understand why Geelong would be chasing Scott Selwood but not pay Motlop what he wants. Not his best game tonight but an absolute gun! Would love him at the pies!!

What is that about?? Why would you want a Selwood, when you already have one? If it freezes Motlop out, then Geelong will go back a step. Linebreakers with extreme pace don't grow on trees, and you'd have to think that the other 17 clubs would look at him

Off topic but I can't for the life of me understand why Geelong would be chasing Scott Selwood but not pay Motlop what he wants. Not his best game tonight but an absolute gun! Would love him at the pies!!
Maybe their 'free kicks for' count is down and they need an extra ducker for their depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not big on faulting or bagging guys out but I was genuinely disappointed after tonight's game with Matt Scharenberg. I am each way on Scharenberg now, if he leaves and we get a mid first rounder that is a good result. You do not have to be fit to try. His intensity is poor. From what I have seen this year, Kennedy and Berg can go to the highest bidder. I don't think our SA scouting is as good as what we think it is. Choco Williams may have been wrong

I am not big on faulting or bagging guys out but I was genuinely disappointed after tonight's game with Matt Scharenberg. I am each way on Scharenberg now, if he leaves and we get a mid first rounder that is a good result. You do not have to be fit to try. His intensity is poor. From what I have seen this year, Kennedy and Berg can go to the highest bidder. I don't think our SA scouting is as good as what we think it is. Choco Williams may have been wrong
I'm a bit torn on the issue now. Statistically, he had a good game, but you're spot on about intensity. Being young isn't an excuse, it was very underwhelming seeing Motlop just brush Shaz and Langdon off (at least Langdon tried). He'll still be a ripper player and I still want him to stay, but it's pretty ordinary to see.

I think we need to see more before assessing. Some players can look laconic or lacking in intensity but actually be putting in 100% effort. Swan is an excellent example of this, especially early in his career. We've only really seen Scharenberg in 2.25 games at this level, so we are still learning about him as a player. Also he is coming off some serious injuries and many players can take twelve months or more to get confidence in their body's ability to stand up to AFL football at full intensity. I'd definitely want to see at least a couple more seasons of him before we make any calls, especially as many experts, not just Choco, rate this kid so highly.

Last edited:
I think we need to see more before assessing. Some players can look laconic or lacking in intensity but actually be putting in 100% effort. Swan is an excellent example of this, especially early in his career. We've only really seen Scharenberg in 2.25 games at this level, so we are still learning about him as a player. Also he is coming off some serious injuries and many players can take twelve months or more to get confidence in their body's ability to stand up to AFL football at full intensity. I'd definitely want to see at least a couple more seasons of him before we make any calls, especially as many experts, not just Choco, rate this kid so highly.

Agreed. I'm underwhelmed at the moment but it has only been 12 months since he did an ACL on the back of another long term foot injury. After a full preseason this summer, 2016 will really show us more of what we can expect.

0 tackles, 0 frees for, 0 frees against last night.... Just shows he isn't doing any real contested stuff. Needs to show intensity.

So, first he has debilitating foot injuries, then he does a knee and after 7 games back from that, you think he lacks intensity?
Really?

To be honest, I hope Treloar and Dangerfield end up somewhere else......mercenaries for hire is not what wins premierships.

Mercenaries just create angsts amongst other players who get their noses out of joint at how much less money they are on.

Think of the last club to win a premiership paying overs for "guns" from other clubs:-

Hawks - nope (they've gotten players below market odds and made them better players)
Swans - They won theirs pre-buddy!!
Geelong - Nope (all internally developed champions)
Pies (2010 we got Jolly for not much and Lee Brown for nothing)

I can't think of a team that has built a premiership team paying overs for other clubs stars...happy for anyone to show me a successful case in recent history!
Luke ball as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back