Not open for further replies.

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Aberdeen FC
Out of curiosity where is it your confidence stems from? Are you interpreting information available for all to see or is there more to it than that?

I just ask because you appear to be the most confident of any poster on here and I'm yet to be convinced myself due to our inability to get the big deal done since Buckley.
Im one of the more negative posters and supporters on this board and in general when it comes to Collingwood related things. We couldn't even land Mitch Clark. But even I just laughed at the reactions on this and what KB was saying the other day and kept myself super confident. I don't know if that answers your question or not! But it's the most i'll give without sounding like a typical wank.

One thing I will say though is Im surprised that someone who seems to have an inside contact like yourself albeit I don't know at what level as you say it's generally only team knowledge not list knowledge, although this is his first year back and I can understand your lack of confidence in our ability to land a player like Treloar would have doubts given that Balme is now on the front foot and is a much better operator when it comes to things like that than Eade ever was and will be.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
No one needs a josh fraser ever
Just for the way you put it, succint and to the point. Nicely put.

Josh was unlucky that he was too small to be a top ruckman and too big to be a key foraward or maybe he was just a good ordinary footballer.
But we got a decent almost 200 game contribution.

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
Some Carlton supporter saying on the Drafts and trading board that where into Henderson
I think he is just trolling to get a bite
Stewart wants nothing to do with Collingwood can't blame the kid imagine thinking the team you support was going to draft you and then getting told last minute it's a no go

Footy is a business but I'm sure the kid has to much pride to end up at Collingwood
Stewart's goal kicking and kicking in general looks average compared to Moore

Last edited:

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
His father is on record saying we handled the situation very poorly, so he at the very least is sour...
I would of thought just from a personal note, that you could put that aside when it comes to playing regular footy vs not playing regular footy. Something I don't think he will achieve at GWS if all things stay injury free. He's not getting a game before Cameron, Patton or McCarthy as key pillars. Then you have guys like Mumford coming back and Lobb has looked quite handy.

I would of thought just from a personal note, that you could put that aside when it comes to playing regular footy vs not playing regular footy. Something I don't think he will achieve at GWS if all things stay injury free. He's not getting a game before Cameron, Patton or McCarthy as key pillars. Then you have guys like Mumford coming back and Lobb has looked quite handy.

James might be able to put it aside, I've certainly never heard him speak on the issue of not getting drafted with us and whether or not he feels any sort of anger (not that he'd admit to it anyway I guess), and at the end of the day it's his decision not his father's. At the same time, we clearly handled the situation poorly so I hope we've at the very least apologised even if we're not interested in acquiring him down the track.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Im one of the more negative posters and supporters on this board and in general when it comes to Collingwood related things. We couldn't even land Mitch Clark. But even I just laughed at the reactions on this and what KB was saying the other day and kept myself super confident. I don't know if that answers your question or not! But it's the most i'll give without sounding like a typical wank.

One thing I will say though is Im surprised that someone who seems to have an inside contact like yourself albeit I don't know at what level as you say it's generally only team knowledge not list knowledge, although this is his first year back and I can understand your lack of confidence in our ability to land a player like Treloar would have doubts given that Balme is now on the front foot and is a much better operator when it comes to things like that than Eade ever was and will be.

Yeah it doesn't at all really. I guess a simple just trust me might have been more appropriate because I'm aware KB's comments weren't worth a pinch of s**t...

Also are you sure you haven't got your roles mixed up with Balmey too? Yeah he's on the list management sub-committee, but in terms of practical input his would be minimal. The role he's filled in 2015 has been more of an advisory one than anything else.

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yeah it doesn't at all really. I guess a simple just trust me might have been more appropriate because I'm aware KB's comments weren't worth a pinch of s**t...

Also are you sure you haven't got your roles mixed up with Balmey too? Yeah he's on the list management sub-committee, but in terms of practical input his would be minimal. The role he's filled in 2015 has been more of an advisory one than anything else.
I wouldn't be basing it all on KBs comment. It's more a general example of my natural reactions when things like that get thrown up on a personal note given the events that followed in the week. But I would say trust me on it. It's not very often I run with anything on the forum as there isn't too much I know and I'll be the first to admit that. But I'm running to the hills on this.

with out ottens geelong win only one prership, with out jolly we loose the 1st gf.
big ruck men like them are so important when come finals not crappy ones we had
[except josh] who should have been a 3rd forward ruck

Jolly played poorly in the first GF, the drawn one.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
if we do keep Witts, we are essentially committing to a forward line of: Cloke,Moore,Witts/Grundy.
We are also committing to playing both. There's no way Witts will play in the reserves, when he can get an opportunity at the Dogs,Cats, Blues, Bombers.
You would think we would have no need for Reid or White in the forward line.
I think most of us agree that 3 talls are probably enough.
Does anyone think that Witts and Grundy:
A) work together
B) be a dominant resting Ruckman.

Plus, the growth of Cox has been impressive. So essentially, Witts is depth.
I personally don't think it's worth keeping both ruckman. Eg: Hawthorns: McEvoy, Hale, Ceglar are all very mobile good ruckman and contribute most weeks on the scoreboard. And one of them plays in the VFL every week, it's a tough gig.

First rounder for Witts would be ideal, but you can never be certain.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Witts wil be the best Ruckman in the comp when he turns 27.
He is a chance and will mature and get better. Will he be the best, not sure what other talent will be around or even if he will surpass Grundy but I am personally quite bullish on Witts.

I hope he stays a Magpie but can understand him chasing a number 1 ruck spot elsewhere, timing may not suit.

if we do keep Witts, we are essentially committing to a forward line of: Cloke,Moore,Witts/Grundy.
We are also committing to playing both. There's no way Witts will play in the reserves, when he can get an opportunity at the Dogs,Cats, Blues, Bombers.
You would think we would have no need for Reid or White in the forward line.
I think most of us agree that 3 talls are probably enough.
Does anyone think that Witts and Grundy:
A) work together
B) be a dominant resting Ruckman.

Plus, the growth of Cox has been impressive. So essentially, Witts is depth.
I personally don't think it's worth keeping both ruckman. Eg: Hawthorns: McEvoy, Hale, Ceglar are all very mobile good ruckman and contribute most weeks on the scoreboard. And one of them plays in the VFL every week, it's a tough gig.

First rounder for Witts would be ideal, but you can never be certain.

As it stands now Grundy is clearly the number one ruck. For them to work together Witts will have to be developed as a forward who relieves in the ruck. Personally I don't think he has the capacity to develop into that type and I see him as a pure ruckman. I suspect he will be traded as he has real currency.

If you recall Bucks' during the week he said something akin to we will get a futuristic look at the team.
Pendles behind the ball and Swanny forward.
We could only afford to play Pendles and Swanny that way if he was confident of our midfield structure going forward.
KB aside all the other Treloar going elsewhere is deflection/diversion whatever you want to call it.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think they really know. Damien Barrett said yesterday that he had two sources that he has used before and their information is very reliable and one has told him Pies and one has told him Tigers for Treloar's destination. Jay Clark has been the only journalist to come out since KB's comments during the week and be very strong that Treloar is coming to us (on Triple M today he said that if Treloar didn't come to us, he'd go to BT's farm and do the really horrible jobs BT hates doing). Other than that the so called inside sources seem to have contradicting mail.
Greg Denham

ThePhantom777

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2014
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
James might be able to put it aside, I've certainly never heard him speak on the issue of not getting drafted with us and whether or not he feels any sort of anger (not that he'd admit to it anyway I guess), and at the end of the day it's his decision not his father's. At the same time, we clearly handled the situation poorly so I hope we've at the very least apologised even if we're not interested in acquiring him down the track.
It's professional sport and he wasn't good enough to warrant being selected over others.

I think regarding Swanny, we let him choose. I reckon he's the type of guy that when he says he's had enough, that's game over - his gone.
Well he's contracted for next year and the way he's moved the 2nd half of this season he could play beyond that.
The change in his training has clearly worked wonders for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back