Trades / Delistings & Draftees 2014 (latest: Clarke & Mooney going home, Yagmoor delisted)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Mooney will be delisted. He has never looked entirely comfortable at any level, even if Blaze disagrees from his computer in exile......

I reckon that's pretty close. I'd personally replace Brown with Seedsman and move Martin to Trade Bait.

I don't think there is a chance that Martin will be on our list next season, will either delist him or another club will offer him a senior list spot.

Not enough blair, goldsack, white, young in the trade column.
And take brown out of there

If the right deal comes up for Brown you'll take it, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to get him out.

DeListings - Yagmoor, Martin, Mooney, Clarke

Trade Bait - Fasolo, Lumumba, N Brown

Who is under contract on that list? I understand if the contracted player agrees to the trade it can proceed, but it is not the norm even though we did it with Daws and Shaw!

If the right deal comes up for Brown you'll take it, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to get him out.

N brown and third rounder for stewart and orourke?
I would do that, but im a big fan of browny, he is the only guy that can play on your rougheads and hawkins. Plus he is a huge clubman.

Rather giv lumumba and second rounder for stewart and orourke

Pies get stewart, orourke pick 75
GWS get lumumba, pick 29, 64

Maybe hav to swap later picks to sweeten it

Two players who are very unlikely to be on the trade table are Brown and Fasolo. Just makes poor sense to try and trade anyone when their value is at base level. Both have had seasons wrecked by injury and should strip much better in 2015. Wouldn't get anywhere near their worth currently

Personally I also rate both as filling vital needs in our team

Fas has probably the best foot skills in the club, something we lack big time and is one of the few who is a real threat around goals

Brown is our best KPB and ideal for the biggest strongest forwards. Lose him and we don't have anyone really suited to Hawkins etc

N brown and third rounder for stewart and orourke?
I would do that, but im a big fan of browny, he is the only guy that can play on your rougheads and hawkins. Plus he is a huge clubman.

Rather giv lumumba and second rounder for stewart and orourke

Pies get stewart, orourke pick 75
GWS get lumumba, pick 29, 64

Maybe hav to swap later picks to sweeten it

I like the trade scenario...except that Lumumba is overrated. Why would GWS want him? As a mid, there are lots better than him with better disposal decision-making attributes. He has no value as a defender these days...hasn't been the same since Betts and co tore him apart in 2012.
For a trade to go through we need to give GWS something they lack...and Lumumba wouldn't be someone they would want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the trade scenario...except that Lumumba is overrated. Why would GWS want him? As a mid, there are lots better than him with better disposal decision-making attributes. He has no value as a defender these days...hasn't been the same since Betts and co tore him apart in 2012.
For a trade to go through we need to give GWS something they lack...and Lumumba wouldn't be someone they would want.

I would give them a list of lumumba, goldsack, blair, young, white, dwyer, armstrong and martin.

Take any 2 plus picks 29 and 64
For stewart orourke and 75

Gives us stewart, orourke , moore plus our later picks. Even better if moore were to slip past our first pick.

Two players who are very unlikely to be on the trade table are Brown and Fasolo. Just makes poor sense to try and trade anyone when their value is at base level. Both have had seasons wrecked by injury and should strip much better in 2015. Wouldn't get anywhere near their worth currently

Personally I also rate both as filling vital needs in our team

Fas has probably the best foot skills in the club, something we lack big time and is one of the few who is a real threat around goals

Brown is our best KPB and ideal for the biggest strongest forwards. Lose him and we don't have anyone really suited to Hawkins etc
As much as my initial position on Friday night was to want Fas on the trade table, i think you are right GC. We are in real need of footskills and goal scoring, somethign a fit and moderately in form Fas can produce ( Even given he has had a couple of horror games to round out his year )
The player i woud trade before any other is Young. Yes i know he has a year to go, but i'd be happy to pay a good share of his salary for him to go to a GWS/GC/Melb/Stk etc . He would probably be keen to secure a 2 yr deal now, meaning he is contracted in 2016. He has given us precious little, he is chronically injured ( we have way too many in that category as it is ), he continually makes mistakes under any pressure particularly coughing the ball up when tackled. Before season 2016 he will turn 30, I see no way in the world we will contract him beyond 2015, I say make th call now and move on

I would give them a list of lumumba, goldsack, blair, young, white, dwyer, armstrong and martin.

Take any 2 plus picks 29 and 64
For stewart orourke and 75

Gives us stewart, orourke , moore plus our later picks. Even better if moore were to slip past our first pick.
Stop naming Goldsack as a potential trade. He is a free agent. He either stays, or walks of his own volition.
We. Can. Not. Trade. Him.

It's not that hard to understand...

As much as my initial position on Friday night was to want Fas on the trade table, i think you are right GC. We are in real need of footskills and goal scoring, somethign a fit and moderately in form Fas can produce ( Even given he has had a couple of horror games to round out his year )
The player i woud trade before any other is Young. Yes i know he has a year to go, but i'd be happy to pay a good share of his salary for him to go to a GWS/GC/Melb/Stk etc . He would probably be keen to secure a 2 yr deal now, meaning he is contracted in 2016. He has given us precious little, he is chronically injured ( we have way too many in that category as it is ), he continually makes mistakes under any pressure particularly coughing the ball up when tackled. Before season 2016 he will turn 30, I see no way in the world we will contract him beyond 2015, I say make th call now and move on

Why would anyone want Young...especially after that sales pitch?

Stop naming Goldsack as a potential trade. He is a free agent. He either stays, or walks of his own volition.
We. Can. Not. Trade. Him.

It's not that hard to understand...

Hey, he may want to collect his super annuation in sydney and want to thank us for keeping his underperforming ass on a list for 8 years giving him that opportunity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back