Trades / Delistings & Draftees 2014 (latest: Clarke & Mooney going home, Yagmoor delisted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired: Maxwell, Ball, Lynch, Hudson
Senior Delistings (potentially): Clarke
Rookie Delistings (potentially): Yagmoor, Martin, Mooney

Others:
Will Swan get over his seemingly many injuries and go again?
Oxley?
Can the Caff come back again?
Will Reid ever be able to get on the park?
Can Brown come back from another shoulder?

What are the futures of: Lumumba, Blair, Sinclair

Expect one or two more senior listed players to be delisted or traded
Swan has only just recently signed a 2 year contract. he will be around and listening to L Matthews, whom most respect he believes that he can go on for another 3 - 5 years as a forward option similar to himself.

Swan has only just recently signed a 2 year contract. he will be around and listening to L Matthews, whom most respect he believes that he can go on for another 3 - 5 years as a forward option similar to himself.

Love the idea Leigh....but only if Swanny gets his "hands" back. He lost his burst speed to injury this year but his hands looked like he was wearing iron gloves. Everything just bounced off (except for ANZAC day)

Would love to see this happen in the draft, trade pick 8 for O'Rourke and Stewart, get Moore with pick 28 and get pick 29 for Goldy moving on
I love the idea of this but it is 99 percent that we will use our first pick for Moore. Carlton and GWS will bid. Simple as that.

malceski would be amazing

probably too old. we aren't winning the premiership next year but building to have a crack in 2-3 years time when malcheski would be 33-34 and probably finishing up. watch us try and target a few 20,21,22 year olds during the off season to reload again before pendles, cloke, beams etc are still prime.

Last edited:
One Clarke is not a rookie but he is gone at the end of the year but 2 we are not going to get rid of Gault
I was only putting put what I would do. I'm not as bullish as most with regards to Gault. He kicked a nice goal and was lucky that the one he kicked off the ground went through when he should have picked it up and handballed to the one of the two open players. I don't think he is tall enough to be a real ruck option and appears slow.
I think a few supporters are looking through very rosy glasses at his debut.

I was only putting put what I would do. I'm not as bullish as most with regards to Gault. He kicked a nice goal and was lucky that the one he kicked off the ground went through when he should have picked it up and handballed to the one of the two open players. I don't think he is tall enough to be a real ruck option and appears slow.
He is 199cm and would have the best vert at the club behind Elliott played really well in the 2's this year and showed enough at AFL level. I can understand you having doubts but he is really starting to come on in leaps and bounds we wouldn't just cut him now

2 goals vs hawthorn on debut is a good result no matter how he got them.

He is 199cm and would have the best vert at the club behind Elliott played really well in the 2's this year and showed enough at AFL level. I can understand you having doubts but he is really starting to come on in leaps and bounds we wouldn't just cut him now

Especially after how tested our KPF depth was this year. Considering we've already lost one in Lynch (sure he didn't play any AFL games but he was still depth), I'd be surprised if they moved another. Luck is definitely on Gault's side, but he's certainly putting in the effort which is all you can ask for really. Time will tell if he has the talent or not.

I agree mostly but I will say his attack on the ball in the air was much improved and he hit tje packs hard which I wish Cloke and White would do at every opportunity with their size.

I agree mostly but I will say his attack on the ball in the air was much improved and he hit tje packs hard which I wish Cloke and White would do at every opportunity with their size.

Not sure if it's been made official by the club yet but as expected Clarke is returning to Ireland

As Snoop said in his review probably his biggest failing was his ability to provide any kind of contest in a one on one situation while his skill level, pace and agility all seemed to decline in the last couple of years. I do feel he was unfairly maligned in 2012 and early 2013 when he played some decent footy on the wing.

He'll head home having played 73 AFL games, which is by no means a disgrace for someone who came over having never played the game before. Most of the highlights were in his first couple of years, earning a rising star nomination in his second game after kicking 3 goals against Hawthorn. He also played some excellent football in Finals, particularly in the memorable and equally heartbreaking Prelim defeat to Geelong in 2007 and the Elimination Final victory over Adelaide in 2008.

While many will argue that the decision to return home was effectively the death knell for his AFL career even after his return, I think the game had already begun to pass him at that stage. I suppose the hope the Bucks, Hine and the recruiting team harboured when recruiting him for a second time was that his break back in Ireland had reinvigorated him and his appetite for the game. It was a risk worth taking given the potential he had shown in his early years. And while many will ultimately judge it a failure, we got a serviceable couple of years from him as an AFL depth player, a likable and committed presence around the club and a good contributor at VFL level. Don't forget the trade also brought a 10 year player in Elliott to the club as well so it was win/win in the end.

I'm looking forward to seeing Marty back playing GAA at home where he is a top drawer player and wish him all the best in future. He's the principal reason why I'm a Collingwood supporter so he can add that to his AFL legacy!

No real shock but Mooney and Clarke are going home;

@thomasniblock: Caolan Mooney will leave AFL side Collingwood along with teammate Martin Clarke to return to Ireland. Massive boost to Down GAA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No more Irish blokes thanks

Malcheski as a free agent is the only bloke we should go after we need somebody who can use the footy even for a couple of years

Guess what guys HE COST US NOTHING

Mooney delisting/retirement confirmed;

@caolanmooney: I have decided that I will be returning home to play Gaelic for my club an county, I have enjoyed my time collingwoodfc greatly.

Disappointed Mooney is leaving.

Really wanted him to work out. Would've been happy to give him another season on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back