2nds Collingwood vs Box Hill @ Vic Park Starts 10:30

Remove this Banner Ad

If i get out of bed in time i will! I understand why they're having it this early but still, not ideal.

No doubt it will be enough tough game for the 2's, Box Hill will have a very strong team named.

Looking forward to Didak regaining some touch, or at least getting through the game unscathed.

Hopefully they "rest" a tall or two to help the structure a bit.

There should be a few there on Saturday. Not often you get to see a player of Didaks calibre playing in the VFL.

Did has already played a Few Games this season in the VFL

Hopefully next year this type of match will be at Olympic Park as a curtain-raiser, not Vic Park!

That would be better but Hope we don't forget about Vic Park though

Hopefully next year this type of match will be at Olympic Park as a curtain-raiser, not Vic Park!
I think we still have one more year to run on the current contract with the local council so we will be playing games at Vic Park next year at least.

I really don't understand the need to play games next to the Westpac Centre, there will be no stands whatsoever so if it's wet, cold and/or windy you will freeze your arse off (or get soaked).

I'll "do the double" this weekend, it's the advantage of having reserved seats, you don't need to be at the G until the team runs out basically.

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm looking forward to the double header this weekend.

Only couple of train stops apart, perfect way to build the momentum.

Good Didak is playing, many others will also be good to watch eg Seedy and JT, Ceglar,Paine, Witts but Corey Gault is one I really want to check out this week.

I think we still have one more year to run on the current contract with the local council so we will be playing games at Vic Park next year at least.

I really don't understand the need to play games next to the Westpac Centre, there will be no stands whatsoever so if it's wet, cold and/or windy you will freeze your arse off (or get soaked).

I'll "do the double" this weekend, it's the advantage of having reserved seats, you don't need to be at the G until the team runs out basically.

I also have Brought Tickets

Gravel

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am trying to find out how the AFL Reserves operate so would appreaciate if someone could answer the following.
- You appear to have a list (outside the AFL list) of 21 players (including 10 VFL rookies)?
- Do the Rookies only play if the side is short due to injury/suspension?
- When players are not required for the VFL team where do the other players play? - are they alligned to a suburban club?
Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
Just a friendly heads up.

The game will also be covered on radio from 10am on Saturday (early start for yours truly).

If your in Melbourne's Inner East (including near Vic Park) you can tune into 94.1 FM for coverage of the game.

Elsewhere, you can stream it online at www.3wbc.org.au

See you there on Saturday morning (and rug up, it'll be cold!!!!)

Pete @ 3WBC

Collingwood
B. J. Thomas Paine Ugle
HB. Yagmoor Ceglar Cribbin
C. Mooney Didak McNamara
HF. Smith Witts Buckley
F. K. Pendlebury Wood Hellier
R. Gault Clarke Rounds
Int. Cathcart Riddle Ferraro Sundberg Wallace
Williams Stubbs Hine

Didak is back.:D

I am trying to find out how the AFL Reserves operate so would appreaciate if someone could answer the following.
- You appear to have a list (outside the AFL list) of 21 players (including 10 VFL rookies)?
- Do the Rookies only play if the side is short due to injury/suspension?
- When players are not required for the VFL team where do the other players play? - are they alligned to a suburban club?
Thanks

Yep you have a VFL list. Also each VFL team is aligned to a TAC cup team so you can bring an underage player in as well. Collingwood is aligned with the Murray bushrangers.

If by some miracle all players on the AFL list are fit and playing then yes the VFL players return to another team, whether that be in a suburban league, amateurs etc. That is not controlled by the club.

daics_35

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Port Melbourne VFL
Anyone on this board meeting each other at the game. I am keen to meet anyone on here and have a nice chat about the Pies, I usually go by myself becuase unfortunatly all my mates go for different teams and it gets pretty boring going by yourself.

Anyone on this board meeting each other at the game. I am keen to meet anyone on here and have a nice chat about the Pies, I usually go by myself becuase unfortunatly all my mates go for different teams and it gets pretty boring going by yourself.

Yeah I should be heading Down. Would need Phone Number to meet up. Swooop and Maybe Matty be meeting up with me too

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
very very interested in this game tomorrow. wont be going (as usual) but utilising that web radio option & vflchat.
im hoping we see some players seeking a spot in next weeks seniors against GWS. IMO id suggest we can see reid, blair, sidebottom & beams all given a week off. they deserve it. the other senior mids have missed a block of the year already, and reid is always nursing issues. that opens up chances for players like paine, ugle, mooney & didak. id leave clarke & buckley in the 2nds for a while unless really needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back