Collingwood vs Carlton - round 15 2014 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie wants compo from the AFL because his 70k members couldn't be bothered showing up?

lol ok Eddie

Is this the same Eddie that sooks about equalisation to the clubs that get Sunday twilight games twice every 3 weeks?

The nerve of that bloke

I agree MK. No-one has a crystal ball. Serious question though, 'How long do you think it will be before the Blues are serious contenders?'

It's impossible to know. Could happen within 2-3 years. Could be longer. What's heartening is part of our shitty performances this year have been due to poor form from players like Hendo (injury) Thomas (injury) Walker (injury) Garlett (family problems). Even a bloke like Touhy is off his game compared to last year. What this means to me, is that outside draft turnaround times, there is other improvement to be sourced from players already at the club. If we wind up with relatively early picks this year and nail the draft/trade period, it could turn around much faster than some anticipate.

I saw Betts tear it up against the league leaders today

For some reason, Collingwood posters seem to think Betts wanted to stay at Carlton and we offloaded him. Strange!

I don't think any club has kept a free agent against his will yet. And why would you? Better to stick with players who want to be at the club. Carlton people know what they were losing in Betts. But it seems opposition posters are just starting to appreciate the lad now he's not in Navy Blue.

Eddie wants compo from the AFL because his 70k members couldn't be bothered showing up?

lol ok Eddie

Is this the same Eddie that sooks about equalisation to the clubs that get Sunday twilight games twice every 3 weeks?

The nerve of that bloke
Actually it was mostly your fans not there

And yes,I was!

Last week the hawks outnumbered us about 10 to one, last night, I reckon Carlton fans would have filled the seats at Willi oval, and that's about it!

Poor form - are you 47 or 7?
Unfortunately it is true that I helped fundraising for the Bulldogs. There are some decent football supporters who support your club.
You don't appear to be one of them.
Me too, we even bought a membership. (For my mum and hubby's sake)

My kids were very young, and made me promise not to tell anyone they had a bulldogs membership too!

Actually it was mostly your fans not there

And yes,I was!

Last week the hawks outnumbered us about 10 to one, last night, I reckon Carlton fans would have filled the seats at Willi oval, and that's about it!
13,000 reserved seat members didn't turn up last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

doesn't say much for Murphy if his getting beat by someone who couldn't get a game in the Manangatang reserves..
McCaffer doesn't even attempt to play football, he only stop holding onto his opponent when he can no longer keep up. Its pathetic that this terrible excuse for a code allows these players to be praised for cheating without fear of retaliation, the good player should be allowed to turn around king hit the taggers and get no suspension for it to make up for the 30 free kicks they should be getting per game.

Murphy's problem is he has no outstanding physical gift to exploit taggers.
- he can't go forward and kick a few goals because he is too short
- he can't explode from a pack with pace
- he can't bury his opponent with endurance running because someone will come across to cover him while the tagger has a break.
- he isn't physically imposing enough to bullock his way through 3 tackles to get a ball out like a Voss, Thompson, etc can.

Its very little to do with how good of a footballer he is.

McCaffer doesn't even attempt to play football, he only stop holding onto his opponent when he can no longer keep up. Its pathetic that this terrible excuse for a code allows these players to be praised for cheating without fear of retaliation, the good player should be allowed to turn around king hit the taggers and get no suspension for it to make up for the 30 free kicks they should be getting per game.

- he can't bury his opponent with endurance running because someone will come across to cover him while the tagger has a break.
- he isn't physically imposing enough to bullock his way through 3 tackles to get a ball out like a Voss, Thompson, etc can.

He can't kick a goal over 35 metres out...:D

If he can't do any of the things you mentioned, then your actually saying his useless too..

No comment on McCaffer directly, but this is one thing I've never liked about our game. Where lowly skilled plodders have a role to play by holding, bumping and blocking the stars of the comp. I don't mind run-with players, but at least get your job done through running capacity or defensive skill.

One reason I always liked Carrazzo's way of going about it. He'd take his man, hold him to fewer than normal possessions and limit his influence without holding and blocking, all while picking up 30 touches for himself through actually out-competing.

If he can't do any of the things you mentioned, then your actually saying his useless too..
Contrary to popular belief being a good athlete is not what makes you a good footballer, if murphy played the game 15-20 years ago when a decent player could take matters into his own hands he would be a superstar. In todays game where talent means about as much as **** on a bull a good player has no way around escaping a pure athlete attached to his butt crack.

name me one player who doesn't have an elite PHYSICAL capability in some area that breaks tags week in week out.

Contrary to popular belief being a good athlete is not what makes you a good footballer, if murphy played the game 15-20 years ago when a decent player could take matters into his own hands he would be a superstar. In todays game where talent means about as much as **** on a bull a good player has no way around escaping a pure athlete attached to his butt crack.

name me one player who doesn't have an elite PHYSICAL capability in some area that breaks tags week in week out.

If Murphy played 20 years ago he'd be totally useless, in our days they look after the player much better.. Pendelburry, Watson, Mitchel, Swallow to name a few don't have any problems shaking taggers, and they are tough at the ball not like Murphy...

Would take Gibbs over Murphy any day

Saying that though, i think Murphy's inability to work with a tag is due to an injury

If only he was taller so he could take a mark etc like Fyfe!

If Murphy played 20 years ago he'd be totally useless, in our days they look after the player much better.. Pendelburry, Watson, Mitchel, Swallow to name a few don't have any problems shaking taggers, and they are tough at the ball not like Murphy...

You would have to be the most clueless poster on bigfooty, staggering it really is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back