2nds Collingwood vs Coburg - Saturday 11am - Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwyer is often a class above at AFL level, his vision and awareness might be second on the list behind Pendles, at VFL level it must be astonishing how far above he is at that level. To think he only got on an AFL list last year. Amazing.

Collingwood 4.4 9.10 11.13 15.17 (107)
Coburg 1.1 2.5 6.8 9.9 (63)

GOALS:
Collingwood: Martin 3 Karnezis 3 Moloney Allan Ferguson Howe Gault Hudson Lynch Marsh Couch

BEST:
Collingwood: Dwyer Martin Marsh Adams Moloney Armstrong

GOALS:
Collingwood: Martin 3 Karnezis 3 Moloney Allan Ferguson Howe Gault Hudson Lynch Marsh Couch

BEST:

Has anyone had a good look at Marsh in the past few games?
I'm keen to know how he is developing.

Good to see Armstrong in the bests again, proving all the haters wrong.

GOALS:

BEST:

Armstrong with the obligatory participation ribbon mention in the bests again... :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone had a good look at Marsh in the past few games?
I'm keen to know how he is developing.

Good to see Armstrong in the bests again, proving all the haters wrong.

He is hot and cold. Does some special things and some horrible things, needs to fix his kicking and improve his tank. I think he will spend all of 2014 in the VFL, have a handful of AFL games next year then hopefully start to take off in 2016. If he can become a good player he will be one of the most exciting players in the AFL

Short review of the listed/rookie players, left at 3/4 time to see the seniors;

2; Sam Dywer; BOG, from what I saw he dominated, was great in the first half in particular when we won the match, used the ball well too which was good to see. I'd bring him in for AD, he deserves it.
7; Ben Kennedy; Tried hard all day, just didn't come off for him at times, I'd include him in the best listed/rookies, but not our absolute best.
9; Marty Clarke; Typical Marty at this level, doesn't do a lot wrong and performs his role well, put himself in contention once again
13; Taylor Adams; Our second best IMO, worked hard all day, won a lot of contested ball and in partnership with Martin and Dwyer dominated the middle really.
16; Nathan Brown; Was very good down back, did his job, only mistake he made all day was a push in the back free he gave away. Is on contention for AD.
21; Lynch; Was ok today, once again rucked well but didn't have a massive impact up forward.
25; Ben Hudson; He's Huddo, did his job in the ruck, threw his weight around and had an impact on the game, handy back up still.
27; Tony Armstrong; Not bad today, without being sensational, 1-2 turnovers but apart from that he got plenty of the ball and used it well.
31; Ramsay; Quieter game from Jackson today, wrong end of the ground to play though, improving defensively every week, just has to add some offense to his game and he may come into contention.
33; Patrick Karnezis; OH BOY, WOW, I love him already, led out and took a few strong marks, kicked three goals in the first half before tiring. Had a massive family support group in the stands, he's a good pickup if he can stay fit.
37; Kyle Martin; Typical game from Martin without being his best at this level, kicked a beautiful goal from 40 out near the boundary.
38; Peter Yagmoor; Did ok, without doing anything brilliant.
44; Corey Gault; Took a few strong marks and kicked at least one goal, is developing well as a forward at this level, question is can he get even better
46; Jono Marsh; Kicked the goal of the day again, took it 50 out near the boundary and bounced it through on the run, absolute raw talent, exciting to watch though.
48; Caolon Mooney; Didnt see a lot of him today unfortunately, played a tagging role I reckon on the wing or half back.

Of the VFL listed players, Couch, Allan, Hellier, Ferguson (love the little bugger) and Williams were good.

Overall a good win to get our season back on track.

Last edited:
46; Jono Marsh; Kicked the goal of the day again, took it 50 out near the boundary and bounced it through on the run, absolute raw talent, exciting to watch though.

You left at 3QT, which meant you missed probably the play of the day from this kid. Coburg player receives in open space on the half forward flank. Marsh, on center wing, with the game won at half time, takes off in dogged pursuit. Coburg player streams into an open 50, looking for a late goal. Marsh slams the afterburners up to full throttle, closes the gap and runs the bloke down for a monstrous holding the ball.

Hope they put it up on the website. It was great to watch.

You left at 3QT, which meant you missed probably the play of the day from this kid. Coburg player receives in open space on the half forward flank. Marsh, on center wing, with the game won at half time, takes off in dogged pursuit. Coburg player streams into an open 50, looking for a late goal. Marsh slams the afterburners up to full throttle, closes the gap and runs the bloke down for a monstrous holding the ball.

Hope they put it up on the website. It was great to watch.
Yeah, knew I'd miss something late on lol, thanks for that.:thumbsu:

Short review of the listed/rookie players, left at 3/4 time to see the seniors;

2; Sam Dywer; BOG, from what I saw he dominated, was great in the first half in particular when we won the match, used the ball well too which was good to see. I'd bring him in for AD, he deserves it.
7; Ben Kennedy; Tried hard all day, just didn't come off for him at times, I'd include him in the best listed/rookies, but not our absolute best.
9; Marty Clarke; Typical Marty at this level, doesn't do a lot wrong and performs his role well, put himself in contention once again
21; Lynch; Was ok today, once again rucked well but didn't have a massive impact up forward.
25; Ben Hudson; He's Huddo, did his job in the ruck, threw his weight around and had an impact on the game, handy back up still.
27; Tony Armstrong; Not bad today, without being sensational, 1-2 turnovers but apart from that he got plenty of the ball and used it well.
31; Ramsay; Quieter game from Jackson today, wrong end of the ground to play though, improving defensively every week, just has to add some offense to his game and he may come into contention.
33; Patrick Karnezis; OH BOY, WOW, I love him already, led out and took a few strong marks, kicked three goals in the first half before tiring. Had a massive family support group in the stands, he's a good pickup if he can stay fit.
37; Kyle Martin; Typical game from Martin without being his best at this level, kicked a beautiful goal from 40 out near the boundary.
38; Peter Yagmoor; Did ok, without doing anything brilliant.
44; Corey Gault; Took a few strong marks and kicked at least one goal, is developing well as a forward at this level, question is can he get even better
48; Caolon Mooney; Didnt see a lot of him today unfortunately, played a tagging role I reckon on the wing or half back.

Of the VFL listed players, Couch, Allan, Hellier, Ferguson (love the little bugger) and Williams were good.

Overall a good win to get our season back on track.
Will we keep Martin guys? I'm hoping we do but interested in everyone's thoughts. I'm a massive fan but I must admit I know he's now behind BenKen, JT, Admas etc. I just hope if not with us someone might give him a crack.

Will we keep Martin guys? I'm hoping we do but interested in everyone's thoughts. I'm a massive fan but I must admit I know he's now behind BenKen, JT, Admas etc. I just hope if not with us someone might give him a crack.
Surely we will find some room for him on the senior list next year and give him room to have a real crack at getting a spot. Would be a shame to let him go, especially since we haven't exposed his AFL form enough to get anything decent at the trade table for him at this stage.

Surely we will find some room for him on the senior list next year and give him room to have a real crack at getting a spot. Would be a shame to let him go, especially since we haven't exposed his AFL form enough to get anything decent at the trade table for him at this stage.
I hope you're right Kilmo but I recon at years end he may be shown the door as we have way to many guys same size and ability. I hope not though.

Yeah it's a tough one, he's still fairly young so there is room to improve, but I can't see the current version of Kyle Martin ever being a consistent AFL level player, at least in a premiership contending team.

He may end up like Danny Stanley though, go to a lower team and play plenty of senior footy.

Kyle is brilliant depth but that will have to be weighed against developing kids like Scharenberg Broomhead Kennedy and Freeman

I hope he gets promoted. Goal kicking mid. :thumbsu:

GOALS:

BEST:

H0w does Armstrong get in the Best? Not even Close

Remove this Banner Ad

Back