Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, ANZAC Day @ Melbourne Cricket Ground, 2:40PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he's a clogger. Dal Santo stood the mark when someone like Beams or Young or whoever got a free last week, and Macaffer, rather than doing what the best taggers like Crowley would do and run forward to get a goal and get right under Dal's nose, stood next to him, guarding the dangerous man on the mark.

Absolute waste of space.
Im going to leave after this post unless any locals want to continue the conversation but Im pretty sure if you were to ask around certain players in the AFL you'd find McCafe is building a reputation as a quality tagger

Im going to leave after this post unless any locals want to continue the conversation but Im pretty sure if you were to ask around certain players in the AFL you'd find McCafe is building a reputation as a quality tagger

Reputations can be gained for many reasons.

He does what Bucks asks him to do, but I'm pretty sure if you were to ask around that people wouldn't respect how he goes about it, especially in comparison to the best taggers/stoppers in the league.

I think you will find that the umpires will crack down on him 1-2 weeks in a row and that will be that for his effectiveness. Once it gets highlighted in the media and they can show incident after incident of of him scragging and holding.. the umps then look for it and it is all over.

The key is team work around the ball.. someone needs to block MacFluff and put him on the ground a couple of times.. I expect Hocking is the man for the job.. and then just run and run and run..

Macaffer is fine. Scragging isn't illegal so I don't see a problem with him doing it.

Umm... actually impeding the man whilst he doesn't have possession of the ball.. is actually not permissible. But don't let facts get in the way of a good post.
Incorrect again. Holding a man when he doesn't have the ball is illegal. Contacting someone above the shoulders while he hasn't got the ball is illegal. Pushing someone in the back while they haven't got the ball is illegal. Scragging, blocking and bumping while they havent got the ball is legal. All of which are considered "impeding the man whilst he doesn't have possession of the ball".

I'm driving over from SA - Leaving at midnight tonight.
In the car with i shall have a Hawks and Crows fan, if we lose it is going to be a very LONG TRIP HOME.

Incorrect again. Holding a man when he doesn't have the ball is illegal. Contacting someone above the shoulders while he hasn't got the ball is illegal. Pushing someone in the back while they haven't got the ball is illegal. Scragging, blocking and bumping while they havent got the ball is legal. All of which are considered "impeding the man whilst he doesn't have possession of the ball".
He didn't give away 5 free kicks against Richmond because he was impolite to the umpire...

He didn't give away 5 free kicks against Richmond because he was impolite to the umpire...
Yes, and if scragging was illegal he would have given away 15 instead of 5

Yes, and if scragging was illegal he would have given away 15 instead of 5
How the * do you define scragging? It's not even a thing. If you hold the jumper or any part of the man before the opposition player has the ball, it's holding the man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fine, but that's not what Caff does. He's effective, but he'll be found out.

Bellchambers with VFL squad. No Goddard sighted, Ambrose with the main group, as well as Demps.
Thanks mate. Goddard and Amby nearly as important as each other at the moment IMO so some good news and some not.

Actually, I am guessing it would be a really light skills session as is usually the case for the day before a game, so no Goddard probably isn't that big of a deal.

The definition of uncool is being in a bridal party for this Saturday and the wedding rehearsal is 5pm Friday. YOU ******* WHAT?!

I'm really starting to question these associations I have with non-football people...... :(

The definition of uncool is being in a bridal party for this Saturday and the wedding rehearsal is 5pm Friday. YOU ******* WHAT?!

I'm really starting to question these associations I have with non-football people...... :(
Pfft, you don't rehearse for a wedding. Step 1: you just get married, Step 2: there is no step two

The bloke who I'm more concerned about is Dayne Beams. Has flown under the radar somewhat with the superstar Scott Pendlebury doing as he pleases and Dane Swan's vastly improved last fortnight shining over the form that Beams is in.

Averaging 28 possessions, 1 goal a game, 4 I50's,6 tackles a game.

Elite averages if you tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back