Game Day Collingwood vs GWS Giants, 1.10pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so gutted in not going to post on here again until tomorrow

I'm not just gutted for this game and what could have been but I can really see the boys falling off the pace now if the injuries from today are long term. 4 of our 10 most important players going down

I'm not going to list until tomorrow because when I post upset on the freo board I say stuff I regret and get crucified for it

Petrie will be a real threat without our defense. North is scrappy in the mid too, should be an interesting game. They've been a problem historically, and it won't be easy but I think we're much better prepared. I don't think we've faced them at home yet either.

I seriously hate these commentators!

Collingwood scores a goal against a team decimated by defense and they're like

"<INSERT NAME>TAKES THE MARK FOR THE GREATEST PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR. I MY GOODNESS THEY'RE SO BRILLIANT AND ON FIRE!!! FAP FAP FAP"

Whereas when a severely decimated GWS team works with ultra slick play and skill to score a goal, they're like:

"meh... yeah GWS has scored a goal ... um yeah whatever.... consolation prize".

Flogs!

One of those commentatores goes "When GWS lose, they lose big"

Really? Sure the game is out of reach, but we're keeping the margin respectable.

Oh yeah... there's only 2 KPD's, our ruckman and a key mid out with injury.

I thought Sauce was getting a taste today as well. Did I miss it? We really need to expand our ruck, mummy is exhausted.

One of them goals "When GWS lose, they lose big"

Really? Sure the game is out of reach, but we're keeping the margin respectable.

Oh yeah... there's only 2 KPD's, our ruckman and a key mid out with injury.

Thought the same. Main piece that pissed me off.

Man I didn't realise how many teams are on 24 points. Lose next week and believe it or not there is a possibility we could drop out of the 8 !! 4 spots dropped in one foul swoop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last interchange was Mumford off with 21mins to go. Aside from injuries it means that little bit extra fatigue for players missing normal rotations. Shame we don't have the bye a week sooner

They've got to talk Collingwood up to show they're deserving of fourth place. Beating GWS by seven goals shows they deserve 4th place. Beating a GWS who activated their sub at half time, lost their other KPD in the third quarter and then Mumford not long into the 4th is not as good a story.

We didn't deserve to win the game; but it wasn't a 40 point loss.

What a terrible day but at the same time a good reality check and a great experience for the lads.

Shaw and Shiel were both outstanding today. Whatever Heater is on he is worth every cent, both he and Haynes did a great job down back and will be central figures in our flag teams in a couple of years.

Shiel and Ward were our best mids and did their best in a well beaten team. Treloar was very slow to get going and is playing like a tortured soul with the weight of the world on his shoulders (body language gives it away).

Out of the ashes some positive points. McCarthy, Kelly and Haynes are truly big stage players and will be stars in our grand final teams as they eat pressure. Whitfield works his arse off but is still prone to a couple of brain fades a game. He just needs to get that out of his game and he is a gun.

WHE is playing without confidence and just needs some more time. I dont believe he is an elite kick but he is not as bad as he was today. Maybe play him on the wing and bring back Palmer as small forward?

Hard to be critical when you lose your two KPD's and ruckman but realistically they were still a 3 goal better team even before that. They should bask in it as we will keep improving two to their one and will start getting them soon. We need another big bodied defender and tap ruckman, if we don't address this in the off-season we are idiots.

Keep your heads up peeps. All part of supporting a young team!

Last edited:
Bring in the Sauce! I've only been able to follow him based on stats since I've left, but it would be great to see him active and relieving mumford of some stress. Any updates from Giants supporters?

That's a crippling injury list for us, hope we can overcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back