Babylove

Premiership Player
May 3, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
HERALD Sun football experts go deep inside each AFL club to predict how each team's best line-up could look next year.

COLLINGWOOD

TOUGH decisions have set up Collingwood to play the coach's way in 2014

BEST 22
B: Alan Toovey (26, 114 games), Nathan Brown (25, 90 games), Nick Maxwell (30, 198 games)
HB: Marley Williams (20, 22 games), Lachlan Keeffe (23, 22 games), Clinton Young (27, 118 games)
C: Heritier Lumumba (27, 178 games), Dane Swan (29, 219 games), Steele Sidebottom (22, 108 games)
HF: Dayne Beams (23, 91 games), Travis Cloke (26, 196 games), Taylor Adams (20, 31 games)
F: Jamie Elliott (21, 35 games), Ben Reid (24, 95 games), Jesse White (25, 71 games)
Rucks: Brodie Grundy (19, 7 games), Scott Pendlebury (25, 171 games), Luke Ball (29, 206 games)
Interchange: Brent Macaffer (25, 52 games), Jarryd Blair (23, 81 games), Tyson Goldsack (26, 104 games), Josh Thomas (22, 19 games)

I know there was a thread on Collingwood's best 22 but I couldn't find it (tbh I didn't look that hard). But I thought this was an interesting read and thought I'd share for people who haven't read it. The link for the full article is: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-line-up-in-2014/story-fni5f6hd-1226791555223

BEST 22
B: Alan Toovey (26, 114 games), Nathan Brown (25, 90 games), Nick Maxwell (30, 198 games)
HB: Marley Williams (20, 22 games), Lachlan Keeffe (23, 22 games), Clinton Young (27, 118 games)
C: Heritier Lumumba (27, 178 games), Dane Swan (29, 219 games), Steele Sidebottom (22, 108 games)
HF: Dayne Beams (23, 91 games), Travis Cloke (26, 196 games), Taylor Adams (20, 31 games)
F: Jamie Elliott (21, 35 games), Ben Reid (24, 95 games), Jesse White (25, 71 games)
Rucks: Brodie Grundy (19, 7 games), Scott Pendlebury (25, 171 games), Luke Ball (29, 206 games)
Interchange: Brent Macaffer (25, 52 games), Jarryd Blair (23, 81 games), Tyson Goldsack (26, 104 games), Josh Thomas (22, 19 games)

Nick Maxwell is not in our best 22.

I know there was a thread on Collingwood's best 22 but I couldn't find it (tbh I didn't look that hard). But I thought this was an interesting read and thought I'd share for people who haven't read it. The link for the full article is: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-line-up-in-2014/story-fni5f6hd-1226791555223
Can't read the article cos I have reached my free limit. I thought the interchange bench would look a bit stronger with a full list to choose from.

BEST 22

As much as I love Collingwood, we look to be lacking quite a bit of flair / x-factor in our current list. We lack pace in that list also.

I think there is a few guys named that will fall out of that best 22 as some of the younger guys (such as Freeman, Scharenberg, Broomhead, Kennedy) develop. I also noticed Fasolo is not in the best 22. If he can find form and fitness he should add some x-factor to that line up as well.

Gee it's a strong line up with everyone fit and in form :eek:

Fasolo for Maxy and that side will beat just about anyone :thumbsu:

READY TO FLY
The Pies have only had a limited first-hand look at Taylor Adams but are convinced he will make a big impression in 2014 - and beyond.
The 20-year-old was the club's No. 1 option through the trade period and he looms as an automatic starter, spending time in attack and the midfield.
Adams showed his class when he had 30 touches against the Suns in the Giants' last home-and-away game this year.

Gottta be Excited to Read That

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fasalo is a lock in the 22 when fit. He was for his 1st 2 seasons r=then last year was a write off. He will be good for us in 2014.

Maxwell will start the year but I agree it won't surprise if he is eased out during the season. It will be the 1st time the knockers who have been saying for years he is not best 22 will be right.

Will we really make Grundy shoulder the ruck alone all year?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I hope not. This is the obvious hole in our team. 2 young ruckmen with great potential but virtually no experience.

I would hope Grundy and Witts can share the no 1 mantle through the season and Huddo can give an occasional chop out if required. White and Lynch can look after 2nd ruck dutues between them.

I hope not. This is the obvious hole in our team. 2 young ruckmen with great potential but virtually no experience.

I would hope Grundy and Witts can share the no 1 mantle through the season and Huddo can give an occasional chop out if required. White and Lynch can look after 2nd ruck dutues between them.

Yeah, having Grundy almost solely shoulder the ruckload would be a huge mistake IMO. You'd think Hudson and Witts would have to each play about 5 games as the #1 Ruck, barring injuries etc.

Expect Brodie to share the ruck with Witts 70-30 with Jesse White playing the Leigh Brown Role.

I'd be very surprised if Hudson gets a game next year. I think he'll be solid in the VFL and really focus on the coaching aspect of his contract

I doubt it. I'd think there will be quite a few games where Grundy plays mainly fiorward with Witts or Huddo as the no.1 ruck and/or Grundy rested altogether.

Also out midfield is still freaking good.

Sent from my crappy Dell desktop work computer using my typing skills.:D

I doubt it. I'd think there will be quite a few games where Grundy plays mainly fiorward with Witts or Huddo as the no.1 ruck and/or Grundy rested altogether.

Also out midfield is still freaking good.

Sent from my crappy Dell desktop work computer using my typing skills.:D

What the hell are you doing there?

Sorry but our best team is with Reid in the back line.

Nah I love the Keefe/Brown duo as KPB. Having Reid forward most of the time makes us so much more potent on the forward line and frees Cloke hugely. Its our best arrangement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back