Collingwood's trade period for 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel free to PM me.

So really, far from conclusive. I'm sure there are discussions happening between all clubs, particularly those not going to make finals. However I'm sure clubs would be most interested to know who's leaking information on said discussions to outsiders.
See at the end of the day if he is correct and the deal is practically done and the 2 clubs have come to a verbal agreement then it doesn't make a difference if someone tells someone it's going to happen regardless. Does your ego need that much stoking that you have to know who said said it?

Sent from my E2053 using Tapatalk

Pies fans, is the idea of trading Cloke for a first round pick (or a young gun) worth considering?

More mobile, less predicatable, more cap space.

Call me the "Chief".

Only I've got more hair than the big man.

Martin has been rucking 75-80% game time all year. Leuenberger has had small runs on the ball. Although Berger hasn't had many opportunities in the ruck this year when he got two games through Martin being suspended he was outstanding..

I think you are being loose with the word outstanding.

If ever a player failed to live up to his hype, Leuenberger gives Jack Watts a start and a beating.

Unfortunately it turns out I can't ignore a moderator so I'm stuck with having to read your stupidity,

Don't read it. It's pretty simple to skip over it. If it's that offensive to you, report it.

I highly doubt he's going to PM you his mates identity and thus jeopardize his career and or relationships. FMD!!! !

That's up to him. I won't divulge his contacts to anyone. I'm very discreet. Maybe we can exchange contacts. I have the odd one or two at the Lions myself. Although I don't pretend to know anything about what the Lions are discussing in terms of player movement. They keep those cards close to their chest.

As they should.

And in the end if my posts are that stupid and are beneath your while, just butt out of replying to them and becoming involved in the conversation. Let Nakia respond to what I've asked.

See at the end of the day if he is correct and the deal is practically done and the 2 clubs have come to a verbal agreement then it doesn't make a difference if someone tells someone it's going to happen regardless. Does your ego need that much stoking that you have to know who said said it?

I'm not interested in Treloar. He's not coming or going from my club.

Aish for Witts - straight swap was the claim. Is that a Collingwood offer? A Brisbane offer?

I'd like to know how he knows about trade discussions between a club, that according to his profile, he does not support and the club I support and have the odd contact at.

There were plenty of posters around here last year that claimed to be in the know about what Beams was going to go for and were repeating ad nauseum all sorts of scenarios as gospel truth. This in turn was taken up by the media to the glee of many, only to be shot down by Leppitsch himself, much to the chagrin of many of the said posters. Clearly their sources were wanting. So what are they this time?

Last edited:
I'm not gonna knock the quality of Witts, but wouldn't it be more prudent for the Lions to try and get someone who will be first 22 in the next 24 months? With Stef likely staying, I don't see a spot for Witts except in the NEAFL. We struggled playing Luey up forward this year, and Witts is going to have to play a similar role.
I just question the fit, not the talent.

Witts would quickly become your number 1 ruck.

It will most likely bite pies on the ass if they trade him out.

Are you serious Witts is possible one of the worst ruckman in the AFL he wouldn't be our number 1 ruckman we wouldn't trade both Martin and Leuenberger so he wouldn't get a game at the Lions.
So what you're saying is that you've actually watched very little of Witts and really have no idea of his capabilities.

His tap work is actually very good, it's his contested marking that is his letdown, and that's been effected by his shoulder surgery from last offseason.

He is very much like Crisp, in that most Lions supporters haven't seen anywhere near enough of him to make an accurate judgement on his capabilities. I honestly hope we keep him, but it's looking more doubtful by the day we will.

One problem: it's Richmond. They are historically the dumbest traders in the competition; there's nothing to suggest GWS or Brisbane would make such a senseless move (in Brisbane's case, at least not since Voss got sacked).
We USED to be. Not anymore. Hampsons the only poor trade we've done for a long time. And even then, we needed a backup ruck, so we paid overs.

So what you're saying is that you've actually watched very little of Witts and really have no idea of his capabilities.

His tap work is actually very good, it's his contested marking that is his letdown, and that's been effected by his shoulder surgery from last offseason.

He is very much like Crisp, in that most Lions supporters haven't seen anywhere near enough of him to make an accurate judgement on his capabilities. I honestly hope we keep him, but it's looking more doubtful by the day we will.
he may be good but he is not anywhere near martin or leuenberger yet and probably never will be.

he may be good but he is not anywhere near martin or leuenberger yet and probably never will be.
Not yet, but disagree on his future. Watch him properly and you often sit there wondering 'htf did he do that?'

His work below the knees in particular for someone of his extreme hight is extraordinary.

Not yet, but disagree on his future. Watch him properly and you often sit there wondering 'htf did he do that?'

His work below the knees in particular for someone of his extreme hight is extraordinary.
i would love him, martin won't be around when we are contending so we need a young ruckmen but as you said he needs to be the number 1 ruckmen and he may have to wait a few years for that to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would love him, martin won't be around when we are contending so we need a young ruckmen but as you said he needs to be the number 1 ruckmen and he may have to wait a few years for that to happen.
He may well be willing to do that. As it is at the Pies, he'll never get that number 1 mantle unless he can somehow surpass Grundy, who is a freak of nature. If a club recruits him with the view to have him as their long term ruckman it may sway him. I actually have an awful feeling we'll regret losing him. If he improved his marking he could actually be a very good forward too. Is deceptively quick off the mark, good leading patterns, and a lovely set shot on goal. Number 1 ruck is what he wants long term though I think...

and labeling people trolls for no reason isn't abuse? What a hypocrite. Never been to this site before either, I just call out morons when I see them.

You're not going to "waste your time" because you simply aren't smart enough. There isn't a single example of a 23+ year old fringe player for a non-finals side being worth 2nd rounder, let alone more.

Ivan Maric
Tom Lynch
Josh Hill
Shaun Hampson
Stewart Crameri

What about this.

What about this...

Seedsman, Oxley and pick 44 to Brisbane for Aish picks 37 and 55.

Sam Reid and Lewis Jetta traded to Richmond for pick 12 and pick 30.

Witts and pick 37, to Sydney for pick 12 and 32.
Picks 7,12, 32 and first rounder next year to GWS for Treloar, Pickett and pick 39 - in a complex trade that sees Harley Bennel or Prestia join GWS.
Karnezis and pick 26 to Hawthorn for pick 17 - pick 26 on traded for Yarran.

Picks 18, 39 and 55.

Last minute, Kennedy, Redden, Lions, Crows Pies in a complex trade, Redden to Adelaide for Dangerfield compensation pick 13 in exchange for pick 17 to Brisbane, in a complex web of a swap of later picks, Pies swap pick 55 and regain it's third rounder in 44. Lions gain Adelaide's pick 33. Adelaide get pick 55.

Crows gain Redden and Kennedy and pick 55 for pick 13, and 33
Lions lose Redden and pick 44 but gain pick 17 and pick 33
Pies lose Kennedy and pick 17 and pick 55 but gain pick 13 and 44.

New Draft order for Collingwood. 13, 39 and 44, with pick 62 used to upgrade Frost. Thoughts?

Out, Witts, Karnezis, Oxley, Seedsman, Kennedy first rounder this year and next year.
IN, Treloar, Aish, Picket, and Kreuzer as a FA. Thoughts?

Last edited:
What about this.

What about this...

Sam Reid trade to Richmond for pick 12.

Picks 7,12, 32 and first rounder next year to GWS for Treloar, Pickett and pick 39 - in a complex trade that sees Harley Bennel or Prestia join GWS.
Karnezis and pick 26 to Hawthorn for pick 18 - pick 26 on traded for Yarran.

Picks 18, 39 and 55.

Out, Witts, Karnezis, Oxley, Seedsman first rounder this year and next year.
Good luck getting draft picks out of Brisbane who need them for academy selections

What about this.

What about this...

Sam Reid trade to Richmond for pick 12.

Karnezis and pick 26 to Hawthorn for pick 18 - pick 26 on traded for Yarran.

Picks 18, 39 and 55.

Out, Witts, Karnezis, Oxley, Seedsman first rounder this year and next year.
Geez, you must really really rate Aish to be giving up both Seedsman and Oxley!:rolleyes:

What about Mitch Golby, Rohan Bewick and pick 37 for De Goey and pick 44?

Then we trade you back pick 44 with Zac Obrien for Scharengerg?

Quantity does not equal quality...

Good luck getting draft picks out of Brisbane who need them for academy selections
Geez, you must really really rate Aish to be giving up both Seedsman and Oxley!:rolleyes:

What about Mitch Golby, Rohan Bewick and pick 37 for De Goey and pick 44?

Then we trade you back pick 44 with Zac Obrien for Scharengerg?

Quantity does not equal quality...

Please don't feed him!

Unfortunately 2 minutes later you are shaking your head wondering "why tf did he do that?" The problem with Witts seems to be that he is very athletic, can do some very good things, but is extremely inconsistent and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. You would probably get a mid to late 2nd rounder based on potential, similar to what Richmond gave up for Hampson but on exposed form you would be struggling to get more. Probably in Collingwood's best interests to keep him if he has a high of a ceiling as most Collingwood fans think he does.

Scharenberg apparently asking for 350-400k. Trade him for Adelaide first pick. That pick may be able to be worked into a trade for Aish. Or maybe Treloar.
Eddie on 360 an hour later saying he wants to stay and a deal will be worked out. $400k is overs, but I'd be comfortable at $300k if it was 3-4 years. He would be getting paid well and truly under the odds by the end of his contract, which would make up for the initial overs.

What about this.

What about this...

Sam Reid and Lewis Jetta traded to Richmond for pick 12 and pick 30.

Karnezis and pick 26 to Hawthorn for pick 17 - pick 26 on traded for Yarran.

Picks 18, 39 and 55.

Last minute, Kennedy, Redden, Lions, Crows Pies in a complex trade, Redden to Adelaide for Dangerfield compensation pick 13 in exchange for pick 17 to Brisbane, in a complex web of a swap of later picks, Pies swap pick 55 and regain it's third rounder in 44. Lions gain Adelaide's pick 33. Adelaide get pick 55.

Crows gain Redden and Kennedy and pick 55 for pick 13, and 33
Lions lose Redden and pick 44 but gain pick 17 and pick 33
Pies lose Kennedy and pick 17 and pick 55 but gain pick 13 and 44.

New Draft order for Collingwood. 13, 39 and 44, with pick 62 used to upgrade Frost. Thoughts?

Out, Witts, Karnezis, Oxley, Seedsman, Kennedy first rounder this year and next year.

The Da Vinci code plus Chinese Algebra. You must have a lot of spare time!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back