Collingwood's trade period for 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

What about this.

What about this...

Seedsman, Oxley and pick 44 to Brisbane for Aish picks 37 and 55.

Sam Reid and Lewis Jetta traded to Richmond for pick 12 and pick 30.

Witts and pick 37, to Sydney for pick 12 and 32.
Picks 7,12, 32 and first rounder next year to GWS for Treloar, Pickett and pick 39 - in a complex trade that sees Harley Bennel or Prestia join GWS.
Karnezis and pick 26 to Hawthorn for pick 17 - pick 26 on traded for Yarran.

Picks 18, 39 and 55.

Last minute, Kennedy, Redden, Lions, Crows Pies in a complex trade, Redden to Adelaide for Dangerfield compensation pick 13 in exchange for pick 17 to Brisbane, in a complex web of a swap of later picks, Pies swap pick 55 and regain it's third rounder in 44. Lions gain Adelaide's pick 33. Adelaide get pick 55.

Crows gain Redden and Kennedy and pick 55 for pick 13, and 33
Lions lose Redden and pick 44 but gain pick 17 and pick 33
Pies lose Kennedy and pick 17 and pick 55 but gain pick 13 and 44.

New Draft order for Collingwood. 13, 39 and 44, with pick 62 used to upgrade Frost. Thoughts?

Out, Witts, Karnezis, Oxley, Seedsman, Kennedy first rounder this year and next year.
IN, Treloar, Aish, Picket, and Kreuzer as a FA. Thoughts?
Stopped reading at Sam Reid to Richmond.

What about this.

What about this...

Picks 7,12, 32 and first rounder next year to GWS for Treloar, Pickett and pick 39 - in a complex trade that sees Harley Bennel or Prestia join GWS.

Picks 18, 39 and 55.

Last minute, Kennedy, Redden, Lions, Crows Pies in a complex trade, Redden to Adelaide for Dangerfield compensation pick 13 in exchange for pick 17 to Brisbane, in a complex web of a swap of later picks, Pies swap pick 55 and regain it's third rounder in 44. Lions gain Adelaide's pick 33. Adelaide get pick 55.

New Draft order for Collingwood. 13, 39 and 44, with pick 62 used to upgrade Frost. Thoughts?

Out, Witts, Karnezis, Oxley, Seedsman, Kennedy first rounder this year and next year.

Swans dont want witts, and certainly not for that price. Better off looking for a second rounder from the Dons cause we wont have any picks and Jetta is going to W.A.

Sydney would be happy to land Witts as would half a dozen clubs. It's more a matter of price.

Don't get me wrong, Swans need a ruckman, just dont think Witts is our guy. Also we will have nothing to trade due to Mills' cost and i assume you will want top $$$ to trade on for aish/treloar.

Don't get me wrong, Swans need a ruckman, just dont think Witts is our guy. Also we will have nothing to trade due to Mills' cost and i assume you will want top $$$ to trade on for aish/treloar.
Witts is from Sydney. I am starting to think that he might not be a fit for Collingwood with Grundy stopping him from playing his position. He will be a good player and might be willing to play for the 350 k maximum (due to the trade sanctions) that a player can get from the Swans just to go home. I think that a pick around 20 would do it.

Witts is from Sydney. I am starting to think that he might not be a fit for Collingwood with Grundy stopping him from playing his position. He will be a good player and might be willing to play for the 350 k maximum (due to the trade sanctions) that a player can get from the Swans just to go home. I think that a pick around 20 would do it.

I am aware he was from NSW, I am just saying :
1- We wont have pick 20. Mills will use all picks and if Jetta goes West we will ask for player in exchange.
2- He is the 2nd ruckman to a young but mid-table ruckman (Grundy-for the moment, probably best for his age) so unlikely to be worth pick 20..... Ryder went for 17 and 37 and Mummy went for mid 30s....
3- His hitouts are ok, but poor contested mark.

I understand that the pies think he is the best non-essential 22 player who has some trade value but pick 20 is a bit rich.

See what Essendon would offer, as they are most in need.

1- We wont have pick 20. Mills will use all picks and if Jetta goes West we will ask for player in exchange.
2- He is the 2nd ruckman to a young but mid-table ruckman (Grundy-for the moment, probably best for his age) so unlikely to be worth pick 20..... Ryder went for 17 and 37 and Mummy went for mid 30s....

I understand that the pies think he is the best non-essential 22 player who has some trade value but pick 20 is a bit rich.

1. If you wanted pick 20 from Brisbane/Carlton you could get it. It's just a matter of swapping pick 12-18 for 20 and ???

2. Agree with the first part of point two. Grundy would be worth a top 5 pick by the way it is rare for a 21 year old to be in his league. Ryder is worth more then the trade he got except he might be suspended so that reduces his value and that's all port had to trade any way apart from players so it's a poor point by you. Sydney had to accept GWS offer because GWS were getting Mumford in the preseason draft for nothing and Sydney didn't have the cash to pay for him. You need better examples then what you have provided to make the point you were trying to make.

3. Agree on point three however he was coming off a shoulder reco this year so his marking wasn't as good as it normally would be.

In summary your point 1 was no point. Your point 2 was no point and your point 3 was due to shoulder reco.

1. If you wanted pick 20 from Brisbane/Carlton you could get it. It's just a matter of swapping pick 12-18 for 20 and ???

2. Agree with the first part of point two. Grundy would be worth a top 5 pick by the way it is rare for a 21 year old to be in his league. Ryder is worth more then the trade he got except he might be suspended so that reduces his value and that's all port had to trade any way apart from players so it's a poor point by you. Sydney had to accept GWS offer because GWS were getting Mumford in the preseason draft for nothing and Sydney didn't have the cash to pay for him. You need better examples then what you have provided to make the point you were trying to make.

3. Agree on point three however he was coming off a shoulder reco this year so his marking wasn't as good as it normally would be.

In summary your point 1 was no point. Your point 2 was no point and your point 3 was due to shoulder reco.
My point 1 is we cant afford him!!! our first like pick will be a pick in the 60s after we get Mills.

Point2- I will concede why there were so cheap. I massively dispute Grundy being worth a top 5 pick!!!!!!!! He is worse than the following rucks- Goldstein, Nick Nat, Jacobs, Sandilands, Mumford, Kruzier and Maric. Of which only Nick Nat and Goldstein being worth top 5 pick. Sure Grundy has youth and high upside, but mid/late first would be max for a ruck of his quality, making an mid second rounder 30ish fair for witts- Compare to what you got greenwood for...

My point 1 is we cant afford him!!! our first like pick will be a pick in the 60s after we get Mills.

Point2- I will concede why there were so cheap. I massively dispute Grundy being worth a top 5 pick!!!!!!!! He is worse than the following rucks- Goldstein, Nick Nat, Jacobs, Sandilands, Mumford, Kruzier and Maric. Of which only Nick Nat and Goldstein being worth top 5 pick. Sure Grundy has youth and high upside, but mid/late first would be max for a ruck of his quality, making an mid second rounder 30ish fair for witts- Compare to what you got greenwood for...
21 year old ruckman is worse than the premier ruckmen in the competition in their prime. What a shocking revelation.

And just FYI, Grundy has broken even with Jacobs and Maric, and not had the opportunity to ruck against Mumford or Sandi this year. He is a ridiculous prospect as a 21 year old, and I guarantee any club would gladly give away a top 5 pick for him.

21 year old ruckman is worse than the premier ruckmen in the competition in their prime. What a shocking revelation.

And just FYI, Grundy has broken even with Jacobs and Maric, and not had the opportunity to ruck against Mumford or Sandi this year. He is a ridiculous prospect as a 21 year old, and I guarantee any club would gladly give away a top 5 pick for him.

Well i guarantee they wouldn't...... I see we have different opinions, what a shame. Im not going to waste my time trying to convince you to de-value your own players, but seriously, overating a player that badly is essendonesque.

Witts and our third rounder to Sydney for pick 14 and Lewis Jetta.
Pick 7, 14 and Seedsman and our first rounder next year for Treloar and Pickett. pick 45
Oxley and pick 26 for Aish and pick 37 and 55.

Pick 7, 14 and Seedsman and our first rounder next year for Treloar and Pickett. pick 45
Ok a few things
1- Sydney will go after luenburger and Zac Smith priot to Witts, hypothetical trades probably more realistic with Essendon.
2- Jetta if he goes is ONLY going to W.A. its the sole reason he hasnt re-signed so far is family considerations for go-home.
3- No-one outside (and i will assume 90% honest inside) collingwood think that Witts plus 3rd rounder is worth Jetta and first rounder!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are Brisbane giving away two picks and netting one back? That doesn't work at all for Brisbane's trade week. Brisbane need picks for academy options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are Brisbane giving away two picks and netting one back? That doesn't work at all for Brisbane's trade week. Brisbane need picks for academy options

Because you might not be using those later picks, you'll get a two for one off Collingwood for Aish IMO and you'll get decent enough compensation for picks for guys like Redden, Leunberger and Adcock, doubt you'd use pick 55, and TheBrownDog isn't you're list, recruitment manager, trades are about win/win...

If you're not using them then I think you should deal them to Collingwood. We may even package Keeffe and Thomas, as unlike Redden, you're not going anywhere in 2016 anyway.

OK, Witts/Jetta/WC/Swans/Collingwood hypothetical.

Witts to Sydney.
Jetta to WC
Pick swaps obviously favourable to Collingwood.

WC's pick 15 to Collingwood.
Sydney's second rounder also traded to Collingwood, pick 34.

OK, Witts/Jetta/WC/Swans/Collingwood hypothetical.

Witts to Sydney.
Jetta to WC
Pick swaps obviously favourable to Collingwood.

WC's pick 15 to Collingwood.
Sydney's second rounder also traded to Collingwood, pick 34.
Swans TODAY resigned Naismith and now have 5 ruckmen on senior list for 2016. I guarantee now that we wont get another ruckman in the trade period. Can go elsewhere for Witts trades

What about this.

What about this...

Picks 18, 39 and 55.

Sorry, but why would the hawks give up a 9 pick upgrade for someone that will probably play in the VFL for the rest of his career @ the hawks.

You won't be getting near Pickett after his contract extension.

Is there a scenario where the pies lose in one of these trades?

Not all of us think he's the best fringe 22 player we can offer trade wise. That would be Frost, IMO. He'd be a solid fit to slot in and replace Richard's I just doubt Collingwood would agree.

FWIW even if any trade for Jetta needs a player going Sydney's way that doesn't preclude Collingwood getting involved.

Only spitballing, but:

WCE: Jetta

Collingwood: WCE 1st selection

Sydney: Frost & Collingwood's 3rd round

Not all of us think he's the best fringe 22 player we can offer trade wise. That would be Frost, IMO. He'd be a solid fit to slot in and replace Richard's I just doubt Collingwood would agree.

FWIW even if any trade for Jetta needs a player going Sydney's way that doesn't preclude Collingwood getting involved.

Only spitballing, but:

Sydney totally screwed in this trade Frost worth a first round pick delusional much

Only spitballing, but:

I'd take that. plus, if we are smart and persuasive, we can get a similar pick back in the Aish deal, as Lions use a pick we'll need.

Okay...Jarrod Witts.
He has shown nothing more than the occasional flash of adequacy. A lumbering dinosaur of yesteryear.
Why oh why would anyone offer a pick inside the top 30 for him? He's not in the best 22 of a side that aren't going to sniff the 8 this year. A side that have struggled in the ruck. It ain't going to happen.
I've even been reading some pies fans suggesting they will get a 1st and a 2nd rounder for him. Ridiculous.
Especially in a season where it looks as though their might be the likes of Leuenberger, Smith, Kreuezer up for grabs

Only spitballing, but:

I dont hate this (if its a early 2nd rounder and frost), but with he plethora of KDP's the WCE have i would prefer their 2 currently playing and 2 injured over straight swap Frost.

A top five pick would rarely be given up for a mid twenties guy as they have that pick for a reason, they are s**t.
Essendon wouldn't no where to sign for Grundy at pick 4. Age profile, everything is honky dory for that trade to go through...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back