Marijuana sales tax revenue huge boom for Colorado cities

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is we are all flawed. If you feel like its getting the better of you then back off for a bit.
yeah im not blaming the pot for my lack of self-control. just pointing out that it can have a negative impact. it's purely my own fault for indulging too much I know! however, it is pretty obvious that "indulging too much" is a possible outcome.
Attempts to come up with clinical evidence that pot is the direct cause of these types of problems, in the 80 or so years of prohibition, have been debunked again and again (more on this in a sec). They've had more than enough time already.

well, I just provided a meta data analysis which covered 20 years of research that disagrees.
Nothing tricky about proof. Either its proven or its not. And its mostly not.
:p that doesn't make any sense if it's either proven or not, it's not partially proven or mostly unproven ;) what I meant was that there are proven negative impacts of cannabis use, however this doesn't mean that the problems are widespread, common or even likely. not every cigarette smoker gets, say, gangrene for instance.
well this is why I don't take my leads from the media when it comes to research (especially if in its relative infancy). I try to find the relevant papers myself, and at the least read the abstract. Or refer to the pop-science press for really complex topics in order to get a better overview than what your regular news media might provide. Also note I think the conclusion of that study should be the focal point; the passing commentary on lung damage wasn deliberately inconclusion (and as an ex cigarette smoker of over 20 years, I sure as hell hope there’s no link!)
Here's a few facts: Australia has the lowest rate of schizophrenia in the world. It is also among countries with the highest rates of cannabis use. Now there are possibly other factors involved but its pretty hard to accept the claim that we are gonna end up scitzo....

I am not sure where you think I made a claim that pot causes schizophrenia; if it’s the above abstract I think that’s an inaccurate inference you’ve made. Pot doesn’t cause schizophrenia. what it might do though is increase the likelihood of psychosis for those with pre-existing conditions. Please note I said might. As per our discussion, there is considerable room for more research into the topic. Others claim that THC might be used as a treatment for psychosis. I have a ‘wait and see’ attitude to that; I just wanted to provide a basic abstract from a meta study to show there is evidence around of harmful effects and I think if we’re going to legalise it then we should know as much as possible.
overall though, I feel like we're in general agreement that any conclusions at this point should be mild rather than categorical.

Hemp is the strongest known natural fibre.
Hemp is the most cost effective natural or manmade fibre known to man.
Cannabis is a natural earth made product.
It scares big pharma.
It scared the likes of DuPont enough,in his disease ridden earth destructive polyester to have it destroyed on most productive levels.
It's the perfect product.
It's medicinal and pain/nausea relief qualities are mostly unrivalled.(opium aside)
Whilst I don't advocate it's use in people's with mental health issues,it's a good damned better high than the other legal manmade products that governments are able to place 50% tax upon.
Makes Bob Marley sound like Jah too!.

It scares big pharma.
It scared the likes of DuPont enough,in his disease ridden earth destructive polyester to have it destroyed on most productive levels.
It's medicinal and pain/nausea relief qualities are mostly unrivalled.(opium aside)
Whilst I don't advocate it's use in people's with mental health issues,it's a good damned better high than the other legal manmade products that governments are able to place 50% tax upon.

Maybe he can rape his baby again to get over it?

Yet not spend a day in jail 'cause his judge-mate says he won't "fare well".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_and_sentencing_of_Robert_H._Richards_IV

because that's an important factor :rolleyes:
Yes yes it is.
It's important because it doesn't * the environment like poly products or drain water supplies like cotton.
See.
It's important.
Dig?

Yes yes it is.
It's important because it doesn't **** the environment like poly products or drain water supplies like cotton.
See.
It's important.
Dig?

being a 'natural earth product' is irrelevant to the context of '******* the environment'. cows or corn (and you name cotton yourself) can '* the environment'. 'natural earth' weeds have ruined entire river systems. there is evidence that many 'natural earth' monoculture plantations can * the environment. put the pipe down.

being a 'natural earth product' is irrelevant to the context of '******* the environment'. cows or corn (and you name cotton yourself) can '**** the environment'. 'natural earth' weeds have ruined entire river systems. there is evidence that many 'natural earth' monoculture plantations can **** the environment. put the pipe down.
Lol
I just thought you were another one of those Bible Belt hawk supporters.
Cows and corn?.
They grow naturally do they,corn happens to grow naturally in all those neat little rows does it?.
Anyway maybe you need a new hobby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To bring it back full circle: baby raping no jail, selling marijuana 25 years

50ea4d13ee20c5d315861ff8b9b690fe.jpg

1396531905000-jurden.jpg

1396901704000-wildc5-6erdxnhdsy011w174689-original.jpg

It scares big pharma.
You can make concrete, sails, clothes,paper, rope, wicked salad dressing. Really good juiced or used as post work out protein supplement.

If we ignore the troll he'll go away.

yeah im not blaming the pot for my lack of self-control. just pointing out that it can have a negative impact. it's purely my own fault for indulging too much I know! however, it is pretty obvious that "indulging too much" is a possible outcome.

You said
i can say that my short term memory is s**t and i struggle to sleep when sober. my job performance is definitely improved after i don't smoke for few weeks.
I was referring to this not your self control. If you think pot is causing these issues and you see them as being a problem then you should have no trouble cutting back or stopping altogether if it helps. If they aren't a problem then carry on :)

well, I just provided a meta data analysis which covered 20 years of research that disagrees.

Meta analysis or any statistically based studies have very little weight in my eyes. They are too prone to manipulation and aren't able to prove direct causes of harm, only associations. I haven't had a chance to look at the studies the analysis was based on but would question the methodology by which they were conducted and how the results were interpreted.

:p that doesn't make any sense if it's either proven or not, it's not partially proven or mostly unproven ;) what I meant was that there are proven negative impacts of cannabis use, however this doesn't mean that the problems are widespread, common or even likely. not every cigarette smoker gets, say, gangrene for instance.

So you are saying its not really that bad after all.

And I meant that across the board the numerous issues and problems that are purported to be caused by pot have not all been proven. Well, come to think of it, none of them have.

I am not sure where you think I made a claim that pot causes schizophrenia; if it’s the above abstract I think that’s an inaccurate inference you’ve made. Pot doesn’t cause schizophrenia. what it might do though is increase the likelihood of psychosis for those with pre-existing conditions. Please note I said might. As per our discussion, there is considerable room for more research into the topic. Others claim that THC might be used as a treatment for psychosis. I have a ‘wait and see’ attitude to that; I just wanted to provide a basic abstract from a meta study to show there is evidence around of harmful effects and I think if we’re going to legalise it then we should know as much as possible.
overall though, I feel like we're in general agreement that any conclusions at this point should be mild rather than categorical.

That was a general statement to all, I wasn't directing at you specifically.

If you are going to play devil's advocate by all means go for it! Just gives us a chance to show how weak the prohibitionist case has become (or always was):cool:

And so to you and anyone else....

In a nutshell common sense would say it could be possible there might be physical and mental harms caused by using pot. But at this stage we can say with a fair amount of certainty that the impacts are relatively mild. We can also say with 100% certainty that it is far safer than booze and tobacco and it is utterly maddening that it remains a prohibited substance:mad:.

And anyway this thread is about potential benefits of legalisation - time to get back on track aye!:D

You said
I was referring to this not your self control. If you think pot is causing these issues and you see them as being a problem then you should have no trouble cutting back or stopping altogether if it helps. If they aren't a problem then carry on :)

pot is certainly causing these issues, and i have had problems stopping in the past.

Meta analysis or any statistically based studies have very little weight in my eyes. They are too prone to manipulation and aren't able to prove direct causes of harm, only associations. I haven't had a chance to look at the studies the analysis was based on but would question the methodology by which they were conducted and how the results were interpreted.

well again there are numerous individual studies available. one came out this week that said, *surprise!* that pot hurts your short term memory ;)

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2484906

So you are saying its not really that bad after all.

no, what i am saying is that results and impacts will vary.

If you are going to play devil's advocate by all means go for it! Just gives us a chance to show how weak the prohibitionist case has become (or always was):cool:

i don't play devil's advocate and i am certainly not making prohibitionist arguments. it is my sincere belief that cannabis can cause harm under certain conditions, just like anything else. i don't think people that argue (eg in this thread) it's 100% harmless 100% of the time are being honest with themselves.

being a 'natural earth product' is irrelevant to the context of '******* the environment'. cows or corn (and you name cotton yourself) can '**** the environment'. 'natural earth' weeds have ruined entire river systems. there is evidence that many 'natural earth' monoculture plantations can **** the environment. put the pipe down.
Your natural descension to my post,leads me to believe you have a faith based mindset when considering your replies.
Well,to me at least.
I've seen nothing bar,an extremely talented mind wasting it's time on bf.
You surely must be worth millions.
Or at least have super in the hundreds of thousands.
Otherwise your arrogant musings count for less than she-ite.
I will gracefully arm wrestle you on any subject.
Valpid Bitch hfc.

Your natural descension to my post,leads me to believe you have a faith based mindset when considering your replies.

you'll excuse me if i don't always know what you're banging on about. how is having a better understanding of scientific facts associated with a "faith mindset"?

Well,to me at least.
I've seen nothing bar,an extremely talented mind wasting it's time on bf.
You surely must be worth millions.
Or at least have super in the hundreds of thousands.
Otherwise your arrogant musings count for less than she-ite.
I will gracefully arm wrestle you on any subject.
Valpid Bitch hfc.

i bet when your energy healing crystal shop takes off you'll be worth lots, too. and yes, i think most of us can claim to wasting more time on BF than we should.

you'll excuse me if i don't always know what you're banging on about. how is having a better understanding of scientific facts associated with a "faith mindset"?
So you're in the Bible Belt?.
Yeh,not too hard a guess I 'spose.

i bet when your energy healing crystal shop takes off you'll be worth lots, too. and yes, i think most of us can claim to wasting more time on BF than we should.
No,I'm neither new age nor bf guided.
I understand you crank more intellect than most,unfortunately I see your arrogance as a misdemeanour.
Continue to hide behind your maligned rhetoric all you want.
I enjoy your posts.
I don't need to be sciencey to piss on the faith based belief system.
I can just disagree and y'all 'ave no answer to the ******* fundamentals of history.

image.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back