Marijuana sales tax revenue huge boom for Colorado cities

Remove this Banner Ad

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a loser? He found out one summer in Austria that pot was very good supplement after weight training. Many athletes use pot as muscle relaxant and for the hormonal kick you get out of laughing and sometimes quite significant expansion of thoughts/ideas. enjoying ones self after training, is a key to alot of athletes success. They find pot, to be the one additive with the most positives and least negatives. The most decorated Olympic swimmer of all time, was another who supplemented their diet with pot.

elite-daily-obama-stoner.jpg

Mr President.

the chinese have been using the s**t as medicine for 5000 years - so imho that possible overrides the 'loser stigma' some EFC fans have put forward

would you agree it is less dangerous to ones health overall than smoking and drinking the legal alternatives?

i know its a separate topic but that are still fairly related subjects

Alcohol certainly has a shitload of negative social impacts.

To answer your question, yeah. I believe, based on evidence presented to me personally, that marijuana can act as a catalyst to bring on the onset of psychosis, where somebody pre-disposed to the condition may otherwise avoid its onset. For this reason I consider it to be a dangerous drug.

More people enter psychosis from pethidine or oxycontin or beer, than pot.

Health authorities are a separate topic, as is alcohol.
Not at all. you cant claim dope causes psychosis and ignore the drugs used to treat it, cause more psychosis and end the life of the patient up to 3 decades earlier. You especially cant ignore it when the public health system only deals with it this way.

You also can't advocate for the prohibition of a resource, based on selective information, while turning a blind eye to a much more dangerous substance. Australia is heading for an epidemic of diabetes.For the first time since the 50's, non indigenous australians ave life span will drop as a direct result of this. Alcoholic drinks have a large part in this epidemic. So many people are getting their grog in productss lined with sugar and chemicals that are known to cause diabetes.

You mentioned dangerous drugs.

Many athletes use pot as muscle relaxant and for the hormonal kick you get out of laughing and sometimes quite significant expansion of thoughts/ideas. enjoying ones self after training, is a key to alot of athletes success. They find pot, to be the one additive with the most positives and least negatives. The most decorated Olympic swimmer of all time, was another who supplemented their diet with pot.

what a load of nonsense. a positive THC test disqualifies you from any competitive sport.

what a load of nonsense.

You sound like a broken record, a mouldy broken record way past its used by date.

After retiring from the NFL in 2001, Stepnoski became an outspoken legalization advocate who confirmed “responsible use” of marijuana during his pro career.” After a game you need something to relax,” said Stepnoski. “I’d rather smoke than take painkillers.”

Indeed, many top athletes in a variety of sports use marijuana because of its medicinal effects as a painkiller, muscle relaxant and antidepressant.

Ricky Williams is another NFL player who has spoken out about the benefits of marijuana, despite it costing him endorsements and almost his entire football career. Williams has repeatedly been punished for failing urine tests and was briefly a spokesperson for the antidepressant Paxil, which he was prescribed to treat his social anxiety disorder. That endorsement deal ended when Williams told ESPN that “marijuana is 10 times better for me than Paxil.”

http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/04/mi...a-opinions-contributors_0204_dana_larsen.html

When I read the thread title I thought $3.4 mil of cannabis went to schools
If they gave kids hemp protien shakes at lunch instead of coke a cola. Hamburgers made out of buns baked with hemp flour, with hulled hemp seed on the salad. Many many issues with childrens health would be avoided.

what a load of nonsense. a positive THC test disqualifies you from any competitive sport.
It doesn't stop people from using it. I'v known a few proffesional/ semi proffesional high level athletes who all imbibed. Likewise his quotes re Shwartzernegger and Phelps are true.

It's more popular than you would think, in fact WADA raised the compliance level when testing to a point that you would have to be a pretty heavy user to get sanctioned.

Use can be masked easily and most people avoid around the in competition window, however aftet anabolic agents it accounts for the most positive tests in the states

more or less than ganja

dont sit on the fence

It's a separate topic. I'll avoid the alcohol conversation if I want to. It's neither here nor there, really, to whether or not Marijuana should be legalised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My problem with Alcohol is it's usually people I'd consider to be "losers" who drink it. Usually.

It tends to make people a bit dumber with prolonged use, and I'd prefer that it not be made available by law to the wider population.

or

My problem with junk food is it's usually people I'd consider to be "losers" who eat it. Usually.

It tends to make people fat and ugly with prolonged use, and I'd prefer that it not be made available by law to the wider population.

See what I did there.

Go and learn the facts: There has been a steady increase in pot use over past thirty odd years yet no increase in patients presenting with mental health problems. And read the post I made earlier in this thread. There are too many variables involved to make a determination that marijuana can be the sole catalyst of psychosis.

Do we need go over again and again all the reasons why outlawing of pot is not working, and in fact denying us of freeing up our law enforcement resources and prison system, of its medicinal and dietary benefits, a relatively safe recreational substance, a cheap, renewable and versatile material for industry, public revenue and so on.

It's a separate topic. I'll avoid the alcohol conversation if I want to. It's neither here nor there, really, to whether or not Marijuana should be legalised.

Well it is a law enforcement issue and of freedom of choice. Why should one responsible adult be at risk of criminal charges simply for choosing to make use of a substance that is commonly known to have far more benefits than risks, as compared to other legal substances.

Ohhh, it's not fair booze is legal but marijuana isn't. Injustice.

Alcohol-related harm is a major cause of mortality and morbidity in Australia, causing around
3,000 deaths and 65,000 hospitalisations every year.1
The annual cost to the Australian
community in 2004-05 of alcohol-related social problems was estimated at $15.3 billion.2

marijuana zero

http://www.drinkingnightmare.gov.au/internet/drinkingnightmare/publishing.nsf/Content/B2D387C687D03FC9CA2574FD007CA91C/$File/The costs.pdf

injustice, indeed

there are people in australia with cancer that is incurable according to conventional medicine, that want to try marijuana oil. That cannot due to fear of police
Not sure whether marijuana is actually a cure for certain cancers. There have been claims a topical cream with concentrated CBD oil has eliminated skin cancer. It can definitely help patients through chemo, and relieves symptoms of brain seizures, but not without the "injustice" of it being illegal.

Two recent examples: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-07/man-bought-marijuana-illegally-for-dying-wife/5796972
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-...n-who-supplied-cannabis-to-sick-child/5636446

Remove this Banner Ad

Back