Combined XI Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Kos is a better defender than Sakho imo, but Sakho and Varane make a better pairing for France than Varane and Kos who are quite similar players.

Kos is as tough a defender as they come, having a mohawk and a face that looks like you are a cannibal doesn't make you a better player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No his superiority in the air, better passing range and excellent reading of the game does id assume.
He may be better in the air but I'd say Kos is a stronger passer and reader of the game, and he's quicker and a better tackler.

Kos vs Sakho this season (average stats per game), unfortunately for Sakho "beast mode" doesn't seem to do much: Untitled-1.jpg

Sakho has suffered too working under Rodgers and the leaky defense. Under Klopp he is already excelling but he will only get better and better.

Kos is very good though also.

Sakho/Varane is the partnership for France though isnt it?

Sakho has suffered too working under Rodgers and the leaky defense. Under Klopp he is already excelling but he will only get better and better.

Kos is very good though also.

Sakho/Varane is the partnership for France though isnt it?
Yep and like I said earlier, its because as a partnership they complement each other better. Varane and Kos are very similar players, with a CB pairing ideally you want two players with complementary strengths, which those 2 have.

Head to head having to pick one I'd take Kos every time.

Anyway looking at France's last 4 internationals, Kos has started 1, Sakho 1 and Mangala 2 (alongside Varane all 4 times), so that's debatable anyway.

Anyway looking at France's last 4 internationals, Kos has started 1, Sakho 1 and Mangala 2 (alongside Varane all 4 times), so that's debatable anyway.

They haven't played competitively for awhile.
It was the Sakho/Varane pairing at Brazil 2014 and Kosc nearly cost them qualification away to Ukraine in the playoffs.

They haven't played competitively for awhile.
It was the Sakho/Varane pairing at Brazil 2014 and Kosc nearly cost them qualification away to Ukraine in the playoffs.
Which was over 16 months ago, hardly a guide to who is a better defender currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back