Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Ralphy on this one. NicNat for the hype he gets, has probably got to be one of the most overrated players in the AFL. He does the spectacular on occasion, but he is nowhere near consistent, but lets forgive that because he is an 'excitement machine'. Finished ninth in WCE's best and fairest...and they had an average year on the field because they are an average side.

Yeah, I think NicNat is overrated too.

I was just annoyed that Fox was making some attempt at having a half-decent football analysis show and had to screw it up by allowing on a muppet like Ralph to make a sensationalised headline grab. There are already too many shows on air delivering that kind of rubbish.

Yep. Garbage. Jack Watts has copped his share of s**t over his career for his performances, yet NicNat escapes scrutiny time after time. A media darling.
And Daw copes more crap than Nic and others, but NicNat will never kick 7 in a game.

Yeah, I think NicNat is overrated too.

I was just annoyed that Fox was making some attempt at having a half-decent football analysis show and had to screw it up by allowing on a muppet like Ralph to make a sensationalised headline grab. There are already too many shows on air delivering that kind of rubbish.
This is why l would love for Daw to make it, to at least 50 games and show why the criticisms of him (whilst many are valued) are overlooked when they are discussing Nic Nat.

Lack of credit to Jason Dunstall in this thread i reckon. The most well informed special comments person out of those currently on radio/TV. His opinion is usually always bang on

He and Duck are far and away the best.

Sloobo the hutt put Goldy, then Harvey and Cunners in his top 50 players. People voted on these 50 and most said all of our players were overrated, ffs Harvey was ranked in the mid 30s and people said he was overrated, offended campaigners that they are.

Some of the comments on the fb page I saw around this were hilarious!!!! There were loads who didn't know who Cunners was, and suggested he shouldn't be in the top 200.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lack of credit to Jason Dunstall in this thread i reckon. The most well informed special comments person out of those currently on radio/TV. His opinion is usually always bang on

Agreed. Very knowledgeable about all teams and is extremely well-spoken for an ex-footballer. He's always come across to me as a genuinely intelligent guy and he's a good media performer too.

Some of the comments on the fb page I saw around this were hilarious!!!! There were loads who didn't know who Cunners was, and suggested he shouldn't be in the top 200.
Going to FB for half decent opinions was your mistake.

Going to FB for half decent opinions was your mistake.
I didn't expect to get half decent opinions, in fact I don't flow any of that crap on FB. It came up on my news feed because some tool I know commented that Jordan Lewis was overrated. I agree wit you btw, FB is horrifically bad for any footy news or opinion.

I didn't expect to get half decent opinions, in fact I don't flow any of that crap on FB. It came up on my news feed because some tool I know commented that Jordan Lewis was overrated. I agree wit you btw, FB is horrifically bad for any footy news or opinion.
Fair enough.

Caught a bit of AFL 360. Won't watch again in a hurry. That nice Mr Roos is full of it. And the other panellist is Bucks.

Watching On the Couch. Browney is sensational. Speaks his mind in no uncertain terms. Makes Iron Mike look like a wet lettuce leaf. Must viewing!!

Caught a bit of AFL 360. Won't watch again in a hurry. That nice Mr Roos is full of it. And the other panellist is Bucks.

Watching On the Couch. Browney is sensational. Speaks his mind in no uncertain terms. Makes Iron Mike look like a wet lettuce leaf. Must viewing!!

Yep, a breath of fresh air to have a straight shooter on the panel.

Loved Open Mike with Brownie tonight too.

Agree with the above, Browny was fantastic on both On the Couch and in Open Mike. Having Dunstall and Brown on the former makes it a great show if you can get past the infuriating Gerard Healy. I actually enjoy 360 as well, Whately's one of the best going around in my opinion, Monday nights will be rubbish with Buckley and Roos though.

Agreed. Very knowledgeable about all teams and is extremely well-spoken for an ex-footballer. He's always come across to me as a genuinely intelligent guy and he's a good media performer too.

His is not fellating anyone in AFL house either

I Really Respect Gary Lyon's Opinion BECAUSE he said North can win the FLAG........

I always thought Brad Johnson was ok, similar to others he got excited far too easily and said a lot of obvious stuff without really meaning anything at all, but still ok. But, now he's tipped North to win the flag this year he's one of my favourites and everything he says is absolutely spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back