Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Dermies only redeeming feature is his absolute, unconditional hatred of *essendon

Agreed I can remember a time they lost four or five in a row and on the Sunday Footy Show he kept showing footage of them leaving the ground dejected about four or five times over. It was positively succulent

I was only just saying, in between swigs of my Coopers Sparkling long neck, a moment ago that Dermie's commentary during games is so tedious it's not funny. Does he think he's doing standup comedy? Does he think he's still one of the lads out on the ground & he actually knows what's happening inside they're head? He sure talks like he's the funniest psychic going round.
Cannot stand the guy. Him & Sandy commentating the same game I can take no more. Radio it is, or if I've had to tape the game i will commentate myself.

Don't often disagree with you Kimbo but going to have to on this one.
Yeah, same here, I find his tone patronising, his long winded - over analysis tedious and his constant crapping on about minute details when the game has moved on, frustrating.

His first four kicks went to no one, then he hits a nice 40m pass to a stationary target.

It's almost as if it had never happened before. The praise was sickening.

Yep, it's like Rioli.

Rioli hit up someone on a lead from 35m in the last quarter week and Matthews called it 'Magic'

FFS...

Radio it is, or if I've had to tape the game i will commentate myself.
I'm buying you one of these for your birthday:
latest

OK I just watched the replay. Anyone notice the commentators complete disrespect for Lindsay Thomas?. Other than the last 10 minutes, they laughed and belittled all of LT's famous 50/50's. Almost made fun of him when he wanted to lead to attract the ball. But when he chased people down, took strong marks, got crunched head on in tackles, absolutely no comment. My hatred just grew and grew through the replay.

Last edited:
OK I just watched the replay. Anyone notice the commentators complete disrespect for Lindsay Thomas. Other than the last 10 minutes, they laughed and belittled all of LT's famous 50/50's. Almost made fun of him when he wanted to lead to attract the ball. But when he chased people down, took strong marks, got crunched head on in tackles, absolutely no comment. My hatred just grew and grew through the replay.
I heard Brian Taylor just guffawing and mocking when Thomas got a free for a high tackle. 'Whoah!!! He FLOPPED!!' etc etc etc

I guarantee he wouldn't do anything like that when Joel Selwood gets a free for high contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Brian Taylor just guffawing and mocking when Thomas got a free for a high tackle. 'Whoah!!! He FLOPPED!!' etc etc etc

I guarantee he wouldn't do anything like that when Joel Selwood gets a free for high contact.

Joel is even braver than the Essendon* Anzac Heroes

OK I just watched the replay. Anyone notice the commentators complete disrespect for Lindsay Thomas. Other than the last 10 minutes, they laughed and belittled all of LT's famous 50/50's. Almost made fun of him when he wanted to lead to attract the ball. But when he chased people down, took strong marks, got crunched head on in tackles, absolutely no comment. My hatred just grew and grew through the replay.

That's why it's not commentary… it's Sn G (shits n' giggles) sessions with the worst broadcasting of sport you'll get to watch.. I'd rather watch the late Ian Cleland commentate JACK HIGH (Lawn Bowls) which he makes sound spectacular and highly entertaining. He was also a VFL umpire back in the old days.. but his days in the ONLY TRUE Footy show that RATES with me.. on the ABC during the 80's.. Ian Cleland WAS ACES!! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

************************************************************************************

That hysterical flop vs Carlton many years ago that got rewarded the FREE (apparently EVERYONE WATCHED THAT GAME and the incident was BIGGER than BEN HURR)..:eek::eek: the umpires no doubt got a kick in the pants for it but the way the 'interpretations of the game' <<< that's what it is now kids!! the AFL have to deal with it.. I applaud LT for milking whatever he can get because of the OTHER CHEATS …but if Selwood ain't gonna be called a cheat.. NEITHER should LT. So they can go and collectively F themselves!!

btw… I highly regard Joel Selwood as a very courageous yet SMART player… no different to LT.

Last edited:
Did anybody hear ye Dennis "Confetti" Cometti proclaim that Essendon were Premiership Contenders after their victory over the Hawks? :stern look

Tell him he's dreamin'

hqdefault.jpg

They outplayed a team who were playing la-dee-da footy in the first 2.5 quarters and then conceded a 6 goal lead that was regained with some lucky quick plays that NEVER happened against a team that knew how to turn the screws in the EF.. READ: HAWKS CHOKED!!

Racists.

Lindsay does play for free kicks, yes we all know that. Call him out on it, fine that's cool. However calling him out for it but applauding how 'smart' and 'courageous' Joel Selwood is when doing the same thing is disgusting. Lindsay could be damn near decapitated and get a free and will be slammed for diving, while Selwood will do that ******* shoulder shrug or dive head first into someones arms and be praised, how in the * does that make sense?

Joel+Selwood+AFL+Rd+15+Geelong+v+Hawthorn+EYUBZBiksdKl.jpg

Joel Selwood pictured doing the old shoulder shrug to push the opponents arms around your neck trick.

What I do find ironic is that I googled 'Joel Selwood free kick' and multiple images similar to the above photo came up straight away. When I searched 'Lindsay Thomas free kick' all I could find was when he exaggerated the push in the back against Geelong last year. FFS Commentators he is the best small forward in the comp, GIVE HIM SOME RESPECT. Also do not mention the yips from 3 years ago every time he lines up for a set shot. He has clearly well and truly forgotten about them and you should too. My final thought will be this photo of the 'herioc' and 'courageous' Joel Selwood flopping worse than James Harden, at the hands of our boy LT.

471454-bbff7f02-c620-11e4-b315-22a5c9651e5e.jpg

I love you Lindsay don't ever change. Media you can feel free to change, please and thankyou.

Just a reminder that tomorrow night Brad Scott is the coach on SEN in their Friday night footy pregame "In The Coaches Box" show, from 6pm EST. Last week it was Mick Malthouse and next week it's Chris Scott. It should be well worth a listen. Last week's certainly was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back