Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its because he reads Big Footy NMFC Board and has now developed a C H I P on his shoulder.

Thanks very much whoever suggested that...now we have a Capt with no personality...just a meaney....

:rolleyes:
Meaney, meaney, jellybeaney!...

Cheerleading and character assassinations, absolutely pathetic form by fox footy.
Think yourself fortinate if you didnt have to listen to dermie on fox.

At times I was actually embarrassed for him. The comment about what jacobs would do if Sheils went off was truly Mindboggling.

Last edited:

At times I was actually embarrassed for him. The comment about what jacobs would do if Sheils went off was truly Mindboggling.
I heard it. Tried to understand it. Couldnt. So moved on.
In all seriousness wtf??

The call on Drew and his love tap was worse. Said kids see it and they think it's ok for them to do it junior grades. Yet he's happy for the Hawks players to run around belting the s**t out of everyone!

The only way to dispel media perception is to win and win consistently and regularly.

We don't have friends in the media (and this includes Carey) so the only way is to win.

The call on Drew and his love tap was worse. Said kids see it and they think it's ok for them to do it junior grades. Yet he's happy for the Hawks players to run around belting the s**t out of everyone!
He is a flog of the highest order, but I'm going to defend him here.

He was actually talking about how the GWS player held is head when Drew didn't get anywhere near his head, kids see the faking and copy it.

He is a flog of the highest order, but I'm going to defend him here.

He was actually talking about how the GWS player held is head when Drew didn't get anywhere near his head, kids see the faking and copy it.
Originally he was. He then shifted to talking about how they need to take the hit in the guts out of the game.

Originally he was. He then shifted to talking about how they need to take the hit in the guts out of the game.
Ok, as usual I was only half listening to the muppet.

Time for someone to compile a booklet of Dermspeak.

Sentence: He used his hips to keep his opponent out of the marking contest.
Dermspeak: The forward contorted his glutial muscles in a complex configuration to destabilize the vertical stability of the defender whose .72 second twitch fibre reaction time extrapolated into the forward gaining spatial ascendancy to allow full leverage of his arms to complete the mark.

Sentence: He shanked it.
Dermspeak: The ball leaves his hands at an exaggerated elevation leading to axial realignment of the ball as it descends, resulting in a combination of gravitational, tidal, and planetary forces creating a cause and effect conveyance cycle so the ball connects with the 3rd metatarsal instead of the 2nd metatarsal which immediately produces fluctuations in the parabolic arc of the ball and therefore not achieving its full potential of a goal.*

*This is the abbreviated version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was half watching AFL game day on Ch7 (was walking in and out of the room) and noticed they seemed fixated on how GWS goes with and without Mumford - was there any talk of how good Goldie is?

However, I will defend him here too. Prior to our game I was listening to sen and he was talking about the same thing in direct reference to the Hawks. I.e. We need to get rid of the gut punches/jumper punches. His point was it is not tough, filtering down to lower grades, and if you want to be tough, crunch them in a tackle. He suggested fines when you do it and if you get three in a season you get a week.

Ex AFL coach Robert Shaw was just saying on SEN radio that he teaches young Joel Crocker, son of the gun, and during the week he asked him how his old man was going with the added responsibilities. "Yeah, alright I s'pose" was Joel's answer. Shaw said "I had one piece of advice for him to pass on to his dad..........tell him to take the batteries out of his mobile phone and do things his way. No offence to Brad Scott."

He also noted the positive difference Jacobs' tagging success and NDS' reintroduction have made in allowing JZ to go forward "where he's a very tough matchup as he's such a good mark and kick for goal", and how much Wellsy could offer when/if added later in the season.

What was it with all the shots of Leon Cameron coaching from the bench ?. Missed play so we could look at Cameron, amateur production all way round.

It was so we could get a good shot of Cameron shaking his head at every umpiring decision.

Time for someone to compile a booklet of Dermspeak.

Sentence: He used his hips to keep his opponent out of the marking contest.
Dermspeak: The forward contorted his glutial muscles in a complex configuration to destabilize the vertical stability of the defender whose .72 second twitch fibre reaction time extrapolated into the forward gaining spatial ascendancy to allow full leverage of his arms to complete the mark.

Sentence: He shanked it.
Dermspeak: The ball leaves his hands at an exaggerated elevation leading to axial realignment of the ball as it descends, resulting in a combination of gravitational, tidal, and planetary forces creating a cause and effect conveyance cycle so the ball connects with the 3rd metatarsal instead of the 2nd metatarsal which immediately produces fluctuations in the parabolic arc of the ball and therefore not achieving its full potential of a goal.*

*This is the abbreviated version.

Brilliant.

While I have no doubt Derm would have pulled a few birds in his day, I'd bet he's never actually had a root - the girls would be sitting on his face the whole time as it would be the only way the shut him the * up.

Was half watching AFL game day on Ch7 (was walking in and out of the room) and noticed they seemed fixated on how GWS goes with and without Mumford - was there any talk of how good Goldie is?

Yeah, actually Mummy didn't get mentioned much, and Goldy got a fair amount of praise (while acknowledging he had no real opponent).

In the last quarter they were doing a countdown to him breaking the hit out record and laughing in disbelief about how he was smashing it. Twas pretty positive stuff, which was a nice change.

In the last quarter they were doing a countdown to him breaking the hit out record and laughing in disbelief about how he was smashing it. Twas pretty positive stuff, which was a nice change.
That was on the Foxtel telecast last night but I was referring to Ch7 game day this morning.

Did anyone else feel the Foxtel camera work last night was very poor? Lots of wide shots and not enough focus on the play close up. I felt like I needed binoculars to watch TV!

That was on the Foxtel telecast last night but I was referring to Ch7 game day this morning.

Did anyone else feel the Foxtel camera work last night was very poor? Lots of wide shots and not enough focus on the play close up. I felt like I needed binoculars to watch TV!

Ah, gotcha.

And yes! Heaps of long shots. Dunno what that was all about. Felt like I was in the back row of the Great Southern Stand and had forgotten my glasses at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back