Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Maj call him out of social media last year after Carey potted him for not being at the required output (for a 10 game player) whilst comparing him to Vickery.

Yeah that was another time Scott said he'd welcome his input. Nothing but crickets since.

We are never ever going to see Carey display real emotion at North winning or losing. It just does not mesh with the persona he has created that has allowed him to rehabilitate his career in football.

You want to see a former North star showing emotion at a win, find the McKernan video from last years Geelong final. Complete and utter emotional investment in the side.

fairly sure i heard him on he radio after a win singing the song when the mics weren't turned off. some one even pointed that out this board.....

I don't blame him for not rating us on Friday. we were s**t, if it wasn't for goldy it would have been a win/loss by under 5 points. Played crap this year and he's not rating us, like any other person says, don't see why he has to reiterate that he is a north supporter by saying bias s**t and making him look stupid like Kingy often does.

fairly sure i heard him on he radio after a win singing the song when the mics weren't turned off. some one even pointed that out this board.....

I don't blame him for not rating us on Friday. we were s**t, if it wasn't for goldy it would have been a win/loss by under 5 points. Played crap this year and he's not rating us, like any other person says, don't see why he has to reiterate that he is a north supporter by saying bias s**t and making him look stupid like Kingy often does.

Its not Friday in isolation.

and he doesn't have to reiterate that he is a North supporter, in fact I am not sure you can reiterate something if you straight up say the opposite.

Have hread him say on radio words to the effect of

" Am I invested in the Kangaroos to the point where if they lose it effects me? No. "

His media persona is neutral, I am sure the man has some affinity, but we ain't ever going to see him actively support and have an outpouring of emotion when we win.

I'm highly doubtful that we will ever really see him identify himself as a supporter.

Whats more I don't care if he does.

His comments like most of the media's are white noise in an over populated industry where they seek catch phrases over substance.

The Wayne Carey I worshipped as a kid is gone and is never coming back.

No other ex player i know of has to carry the baggage he has created for himself. There's many other greats of ours and other clubs who still carry baggage many years after leaving there respective clubs.
I agree tho win all our games and nothing but praise comes from all the media. Underperform as we have and cop the sprays we deserve.

Its not Friday in isolation.

and he doesn't have to reiterate that he is a North supporter, in fact I am not sure you can reiterate something if you straight up say the opposite.

Have hread him say on radio words to the effect of

" Am I invested in the Kangaroos to the point where if they lose it effects me? No. "

His media persona is neutral, I am sure the man has some affinity, but we ain't ever going to see him actively support and have an outpouring of emotion when we win.

I'm highly doubtful that we will ever really see him identify himself as a supporter.

Whats more I don't care if he does.

His comments like most of the media's are white noise in an over populated industry where they seek catch phrases over substance.

The Wayne Carey I worshipped as a kid is gone and is never coming back.

"The Wayne Carey I worshipped as a kid is gone and is never coming back." oh god cry me a river you pussy,

still didn't really address anything i said but ok.

like i said, his job to be neutral, end of.

heard him on the radio singing to song and didn't know the mics were on, enough for me.

when we're a contender he'll give credit where credits due, until then he'll be overly critical. Not too different to 99% of this board really, actually if this board represents true north supporters, carey's very soft on the team in comparison.

Lol, like the rest of the media commentators?

I don't think anyone is expecting Carey to barrack for north in the commentary box, but does he have to go so far the other way? If you were a non-AFL supporter watching Friday nights game, you'd swear Carey was an ex-*essendon player, not a two-time North Melbourne premiership captain.

The only praise he gave in 3 hours of footy was at how well Goldie is going, and that's just so obvious he'd be crazy not to jump on that.

"The Wayne Carey I worshipped as a kid is gone and is never coming back." oh god cry me a river you pussy,

heard him on the radio singing to song and didn't know the mics were on, enough for me.

when we're a contender he'll give credit where credits due, until then he'll be overly critical. Not too different to 99% of this board really, actually if this board represents true north supporters, carey's very soft on the team in comparison.

F***ing lol

Pussy? Wow. I feel exactly the same way, so I must be a pussy too. Perhaps you're too young to have worshipped Carey, so it somehow makes you tougher.

Everything you said has been addressed in this thread already (and very well by ChopChopDigDig subsequently). Carey doesn't have to be biased to North, but he sure as f*** shouldn't lavish the love on the teams that we're beating. It comes across as anti-North, which he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, like the rest of the media commentators?

I don't think anyone is expecting Carey to barrack for north in the commentary box, but does he have to go so far the other way? If you were a non-AFL supporter watching Friday nights game, you'd swear Carey was an ex-*essendon player, not a two-time North Melbourne premiership captain.

The only praise he gave in 3 hours of footy was at how well Goldie is going, and that's just so obvious he'd be crazy not to jump on that.

like i said, he is overly critical, just like 99% of the north supporters on BF, he just doesn't have BF to air his grievances of how crap we played on Friday night so instead does it on air. If i was in a high paying role and a known North champion i would be overly unbiased too as to maintain respect too. I rate him as a commentator, he is often on the money - other than the NDS rushed behind call, that was crap.

Pussy? Wow. I feel exactly the same way, so I must be a pussy too. Perhaps you're too young to have worshipped Carey, so it somehow makes you tougher.

Everything you said has been addressed in this thread already (and very well by ChopChopDigDig subsequently). Carey doesn't have to be biased to North, but he sure as f*** shouldn't lavish the love on the teams that we're beating. It comes across as anti-North, which he is.

No i worshipped as much as anyone else. i just don't see why ppl have to try think up a fairy tale like he's going to be an Eddie equivalent when the pies are playing. i think it's fairly obvious he's overly critical because he is an obvious supporter.

No i worshipped as much as anyone else. i just don't see why ppl have to try think up a fairy tale like he's going to be an Eddie equivalent when the pies are playing. i think it's fairly obvious he's overly critical because he is an obvious supporter.

Let's agree to have polar opposite opinions on what's obvious, OK?

I thought we had an awesome run last September.

We were everywhere...TV, papers...couldn't get enough.

You want to be in the media...perform.
I don't care for the media attention. JUST GET THE EFFING NAMES RIGHT!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey said after that, "all they need to do is pick up the phone."

If you want help, ask for it, don't expect it.

He's had plenty of similar quips to say over the years. He says so while maintaining his distance. Nobody knows if the phone has actually been used over the years so all we have to go by is the fact he's done nothing while saying plenty of less complimentary stuff in his commentary role. I doubt he'll be back and I doubt he gives a toss.

all present and accounted for

124wlmu.jpg

mind you it would be pretty easy to scale this out to "the floggy dozen" with the channel 7 commentary team

Last edited:
I dunno how you could sit through watching a replay of that....i just fast fwded it to the final siren and the post one hour show Saturday morning.

(a) we won and
(b) I thought we played just OK in the first half and quite OK in the second half against a switched on opponent who tried unsuccessfully to repeat a proven winning formula (deprive us of the ball).

Unfortunately for *them, *they picked a night where the umpires were going to pay frees for infringements against the dominant big man on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back