Community Shield 2015 - Chelsea vs Arsenal - 12.00am 03/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Napoli paid Madrid a price for Higuain that we didn't want to pay. Simple. We had an agreement with Madrid for 23m, then Napoli offered 30 odd....then Madrid wanted more from us. We said no.

Big difference between scoring consistently for the 3rd best team in Spain rather than Portugal.

Maybe we'll spend the money on giving Oxlade-chamberlain a proper haircut instead?

Edit - We have Kos and Mertesaker as starting CBs. Then Gabriel and Chambers with both Debuchy and Moreal able to play there in a pinch.

DM we have Coq and Chambers will be groomed to play there. We might buy another one but we also still have Arteta and Ramsey who can botplay that role if needed.

Yep and it was another sign of Arsenal not being aggressive enough in the transfer market and missing out on someone who is better than you already have. Not saying I agree with the transfers but Liverpool spent 32.5m on Benteke. City 49 on Sterling.

What's 7m for Arsenal? Really? They didn't 40? On Ozil and already had 5 players like him.

Chelsea spent 21m (from memory) on Luis and he barely played. But * he was good back up if Azpilicueta was out.

Newcastle have spent what over 40m. All transfers have risk.

Mertesaker is not good enough and let's just say he is, for arguments sakes - either he or Koscielny goes down without doubt at some point. Monreal whilst vastly improved last season doesn't fill me with a heap of confidence.

I love Coquelin. Think he's great

But he needs a partner

Chambers - not ready
Ramsey - doesn't like to sit
Wilshere - ^
Chambers - Not ready
Arteta - wouldn't get a game at Swansea
Flamini - %

I agree CECH is a great signing. Vastly improved your team but Arsenals team whilst very good, in its current state it's not good enough to take the next step.

And people say Arsenal don't try hard enough to sign players because you don't, simple as that

Yep and it was another sign of Arsenal not being aggressive enough in the transfer market and missing out on someone who is better than you already have. Not saying I agree with the transfers but Liverpool spent 32.5m on Benteke. City 49 on Sterling.

What's 7m for Arsenal? Really? They didn't 40? On Ozil and already had 5 players like him.

Chelsea spent 21m (from memory) on Luis and he barely played. But **** he was good back up if Azpilicueta was out.

Newcastle have spent what over 40m. All transfers have risk.

Mertesaker is not good enough and let's just say he is, for arguments sakes - either he or Koscielny goes down without doubt at some point. Monreal whilst vastly improved last season doesn't fill me with a heap of confidence.

I love Coquelin. Think he's great

But he needs a partner

Chambers - not ready
Ramsey - doesn't like to sit
Wilshere - ^
Chambers - Not ready
Arteta - wouldn't get a game at Swansea
Flamini - %

I agree CECH is a great signing. Vastly improved your team but Arsenals team whilst very good, in its current state it's not good enough to take the next step.

And people say Arsenal don't try hard enough to sign players because you don't, simple as that

Don't believe what you read in the media.

Wenger never has and never will pay over for a player.

Wenger never has and never will buy a player just to do so.

You can read through the Arsenal thread if you want further dissection of the team as it has been covered there in detail.

Just got back from my first visit to the new Wembley. Great day out and a decent standard of football on display considering it's still preseason. Thought the finish by Chamberlain was fantastic and for the most part Arsenal looked solid, Coquelin screened the back 4 well and kept it simple (I feel like he's the sort of player that you only really notice when you're watching live), Willian caused a few problems but Hazard & Fabregas were uncharacteristically quiet.

Obviously I'm sure the preference would have been for a win but with the season commencing in a week I think both sides will be happy with that hit out. Didn't seem to be much between them though I haven't seen any of the stats yet.

Back to the pub. Chelsea vs Fiorentina on Wednesday night.

Wenger is worse - wouldn't even shake Jose's hand.

Wenger is the biggest sook there's ever been when it comes to losing. Even worse than Ferguson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wenger is worse - wouldn't even shake Jose's hand.

Wenger is the biggest sook there's ever been when it comes to losing. Even worse than Ferguson.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Mourinho was setting up to do exactly the same thing, only for Wenger to beat him to it.

Nice of Mourinho to throw the runners up medal away. He's got the worst losing attitude I've seen in ages.

He throws his winners medals to the fans too:thumbsu:

Hope that wasn't too Moombaish:oops:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Arsenal for winning the Community Shield and their Pre-Season treble! (Asia Trophy, Emirates Trophy (Why only 2 games? Shouldn't you have played Villareal?) and of course the Community Shield).

Undefeated in the pre-season with a win after every game, it looks like Arsenal can't wait for this season to get started. Let us hope the title race is a good one!

Good to get one over Chelsea but keeping the lid well and truly on, after more convincingly beating city 3-0 is last years CS our start to the league season was far from impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back