FTA-TV Community

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe how bad this show has become. Jumped the shark after season 2 IMO

(I'm only halfway through season 4. You guys saying Season 5 is better is reassuring :))

FYI, there was an episode of Happy Days where a guy literally jumped a shark, and it was the best one!

I started off thinking the Dungeons and Dragons sequel would be eye-rollingly bad but was pleasantly surprised to see them pull a genuinely good and humorous episode out of it, to the point I wished it was an hour long. The Hobgoblin interrogation was a thing of beauty.

FYI, there was an episode of Happy Days where a guy literally jumped a shark, and it was the best one!

I started off thinking the Dungeons and Dragons sequel would be eye-rollingly bad but was pleasantly surprised to see them pull a genuinely good and humorous episode out of it, to the point I wished it was an hour long. The Hobgoblin interrogation was a thing of beauty.
I enjoyed the original, where Pierce was being a dick to Fat Neil

It was the Fonz. Arrested Development made the same actor literally jump a shark about 25 years later as well, it was glorious :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, have you seen gi joe?
I don't really remember it TBH.

You could probably apply the parody to a number of various cartoons.

It just didn't interest me in the slightest. It wasn't witty and clever, it was obvious and lame.

It'd go close to the worst episode of Community from my perspective.

EDIT: geez, it got an A- at A.V. Club.

Yeah, it was just bland. I know my opinion is not the consensus amongst Community fans (or at least those who haven't given up and are still sticking by the show), but I'm over the whole 'treating every serious story with wacky eps' thing that this show's resorted to. I mean, was Jeff's overdose supposed to be funny? If it wasn't, they didn't do a very good job of treating it seriously. The show used to do stuff like this so well, be it Abed's Xmas, My Dinner with Abed, the doco of Pierce in hospital, Troy's 21st, the original D&D ep; the stories had heart and made you feel for these characters as well as being able to enjoy the more unconventional sitcom concepts they were using. It was what separated Community from other shows. Now it seems to be the writers doing whatever crazy s**t they can think of, with the story just being a pretty shallow side note, there only to placate the whole 'needing an actual storyline' crowd...

I thought it was okay.

The concept of someone dying/killing in GI Joe and everyone spazzing out was ******* hilarious.

And when he's "suppressing fire" but actually killing them, lol.

Not even going to bother watching it. The animated episodes are the worst and are pretty much unbearable.
Have they done an animated episode before this?
They have done a few. I remember there was a clay one, which I just completely skipped, but there was the one where they played the virtual game.

That's one of my favourite Community episodes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back