FTA-TV Community

Remove this Banner Ad

Funniest moment of the season so far was when Britta shat herself. Not sure how we didn't get it at first, but my wife and I had no idea that was what she did until Jeff said it (we just thought she was being a weird drunk). As soon as he said it, we looked at each other and went "Of course!" Then had to rewind and watch it again. Biggest laugh of the season by far for us.

This moment was brilliant too.

IjmcUaE.gif

Was a bit reluctant to give this a go but I've been surprised at how good the new season has been (or at least much better than I expected). Would love to see Troy back on the show but probably unlikely.

Also, wasn't there some talk of Chevy Chase (Pearce) returning to the show late last year? Is that still on the cards/happening?

Really liked that Dean/Jeff phone gag in the latest ep

So many good little random segments in that ep. The attack ad, the Britta music video, Britta staggering around the background after shitting her pants, the Brenda Paradox...

Also, the E Pluribus Anus symbol is in the background all the time, was that important?

And someone needs to make a .gif of Elroy's face after Frankie says she doesn't own a TV

Last edited:
Not sure if I like the new season yet, I mean Jeff is the main character in the show and he has been a background character in every episode so far.

Not sure if I like the new season yet, I mean Jeff is the main character in the show and he has been a background character in every episode so far.

I think they are probably trying to build up some of the supporting cast given they've lost a few of the original Greendale seven - or at least that is what I assume they are doing.

Liked that ep - Jason Mantzoukas (the theatre teacher) is always good value in my eyes. :D

I really thought they'd struggle through season 6 and then throw together a movie but it's been very watchable. The show has removed itself from its own arse quite a bit.

I really thought they'd struggle through season 6 and then throw together a movie but it's been very watchable. The show has removed itself from its own arse quite a bit.

This episode probably had the most classic Community feel to it. Finally starting to feel like it should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the first two episodes were rubbish. The third was better with a genuine laugh and this episode was the best for a long long time. As above, it was nice to see Chang as something other than and over the top buffoon.

Finally watched the first 3 episodes.

Can someone explain the Brenda gag? Went straight over my head.

first episode had its moments, while also being a bit boring. However, I thought it needed to be to introduce Frankie as a character, and I thought they did it well. I think she's a nice addition to the cast, although her being so similar to Annie is somewhat amusing but also annoying.

Second episode was terrible. On paper should have been good, with the whole Virtual Reality stuff, but that was a real grind of an episode. Any episode revolving around Britta is terrible imo.

Third episode was classic Community. Taking a small thing and them making a big deal out of it. I loved it. However, my biggest gripe so far is the lack of chemistry within the group. It's not surprising, I don't think any show has ever been as good as it once was when there have been a large portion of cast changes. My gripe, however, is the decision to include whatever the Black guys name is. To me, the show really needs a "crazy" character, rather than ANOTHER character playing the straight guy. I'm just not feeling it with this cast group, and this is compared to a ******* cast with Professor Duncan and Professory Hickey ffs...

Finally watched the first 3 episodes.

Can someone explain the Brenda gag? Went straight over my head.

first episode had its moments, while also being a bit boring. However, I thought it needed to be to introduce Frankie as a character, and I thought they did it well. I think she's a nice addition to the cast, although her being so similar to Annie is somewhat amusing but also annoying.

Second episode was terrible. On paper should have been good, with the whole Virtual Reality stuff, but that was a real grind of an episode. Any episode revolving around Britta is terrible imo.

Third episode was classic Community. Taking a small thing and them making a big deal out of it. I loved it. However, my biggest gripe so far is the lack of chemistry within the group. It's not surprising, I don't think any show has ever been as good as it once was when there have been a large portion of cast changes. My gripe, however, is the decision to include whatever the Black guys name is. To me, the show really needs a "crazy" character, rather than ANOTHER character playing the straight guy. I'm just not feeling it with this cast group, and this is compared to a ******* cast with Professor Duncan and Professory Hickey ffs...

I agree with your comments about the episodes (the dean's VR episode was balls), but I actually disagree with the group dynamics being bad. Sure, it's not vintage Community (I mean, it's hard for any show to recreate a combo like Troy/Abed that they probably didn't even know at the start was going to have such great chemistry), but it's miles above the last couple of seasons. Hopefully as the season progresses, we move past the introductory episodes and get more focused on them all as a group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back