Commuting and the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't want to turn this into a standard "cars v bikes" debate because honestly i just dont have the patience but as a genuine question, is it just me or are there more of those stories in the media in the last few months than EVER before and if so, why? Whats going on that i have missed here?

The media are bored.

It's click bait.

Nothing rustles the jimmies of either side - more the motorists only side - than a 'cyclists are arseholes' rant.

I say motorists only because as far as I'm aware, most cyclists are motorists too. Something the folks who just drive don't seem to realise. Apparently, We're a species to be hated and disregarded as they drive dangerously around us. Apparently, We don't have families to come home to like everyone else.

Unfortunately it will take an event such as occurred in the UK for the media to change their tune. In the UK it took a high profile member of the media to be killed while commuting to work for the media to start pro commuting/cycling articles and a movement to improve cycling infrastructure and laws.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back