Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

17729 official crowd
Correct. Takes the Suns' season home average to 17,915. Also gives the Titans the win on a same weekend round. Say what you will but credit to the Titans for pulling the bigger crowd this weekend.

Disappointing crowd in my opinion and I think the 7:40pm time slot hurt the crowd figure tonight. Next game on the Gold Coast is the Giants game in exactly two weeks so it'll be interesting to see the crowd that shows up for that one considering it's a 1:40pm start.

Correct. Takes the Suns' season home average to 17,915. Also gives the Titans the win on a same weekend round. Say what you will but credit to the Titans for pulling the bigger crowd this weekend.

Disappointing crowd in my opinion and I think the 7:40pm time slot hurt the crowd figure tonight. Next game on the Gold Coast is the Giants game in exactly two weeks so it'll be interesting to see the crowd that shows up for that one considering it's a 1:40pm start.

The crowd looked far larger than the Lions game last week and even the Hawks game in 2011 (19.3k)

I thought the number was solid but surprisingly low...

So the Giants game at Metricon is in two days. It is a 1:40pm start and, encouragingly, there is no rain predicted. However, it is predicted to be quite warm (27) but hopefully the predicted clouds will keep patrons from getting roasted all day. I always find the GWS crowd hard to predict because you really don't know how many of their fans will head up to interstate games and what sort of supporter base they have in south east Queensland. The GWS game managed a crowd of 13k last year and 14.6k the year before. Considering the Suns are currently inside the top 8 and are expected to win this game, I'm going to predict a crowd of 15.5k for this game. I think the families that missed the Hawthorn game will make up for it with this one and people will be more inclined to go to the footy after just coming off a public holiday the day before.

What do you guys think?

Yeah can never be too sure. Will the more suns fans turn up because of having being favourites? I'm thinking about 13k
There are so many unknown factors which makes it difficult to predict. Although both previous GWS games were expected to be wins, they were also played at a time where the Suns were no longer able to make finals. This is not the case this time. The Suns are currently sitting in the top 8 (for the first time ever outside of Round 2 2013) and have a real chance to move as high as top 4 with a convincing win over the Giants. Add the fact that an earlier time slot will encourage more families to go and that Friday is a public holiday and I could see a decent turnout for this game. The only negative (apart from the Giants not having a big supporter base) is that it may be really hot on Saturday. I could see that potentially turning away a few fans that would have gone but it wouldn't affect it nearly as much as rain would.

This is also the last home game for about a month or so, so that will hopefully improve the crowd somewhat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11,504 if anyone wants the exact number. Takes the season average to 16,312.

Possible. No doubt the sun played a factor given it was quite hot. Big Red Machine would have had fun roasting in the stands again haha.
Roasted for a bit during the NEAFL but sat at the back of the bay for that. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Anyone want to have a stab at the Titans-Rabbitohs crowd tonight? The same fixture pulled 20,392 last year.

I'm going to guess 18k.

most likely go close to 20k again. rabbitohs - the pride of the league - have a big following up here in QLD a massive following. with titans placed 3rd on the ladder (equal first on points) it will be a good game. titans having a good year so far this season so that alone will get more thru the gates

most likely go close to 20k again. rabbitohs - the pride of the league - have a big following up here in QLD a massive following. with titans placed 3rd on the ladder (equal first on points) it will be a good game. titans having a good year so far this season so that alone will get more thru the gates

19009 was the crowd this arvo I think, didn't see K there, but did see big Dan Gorro walking past at the Miami Marketta tonight. Foot still fairly heavily strapped up, but walking freely. Was gonna try and catch up and ask how the recovery was going but I had a mouth full of cheese kransky and sour kraut...

19,107 was the official crowd that was reported for the Titans v Rabbitohs game. Takes their season average to 15,287. The next home game for the Titans is against the NZ Warriors in two weeks so that should be a good crowd too.

Yes was a good crowd and atmosphere yesterday Matchu, considering the end score and the gloomy clouds in the early arvo. Weather didn't look promising but held off ok. Was a good day, but the parking was a nightmare as usual. We did the usual thing of parking at Robina Town Centre and walking across which isn't great but not a lot of other options.

It ended up being a pretty one-sided Corkie. I decided to head out to Robina last night too and I think the crowd was pretty good considering the cloudy skies and limited amounts of rain. I was surprised how many South Sydney fans there were at the game and that probably explains the large crowd but there was more red and green than I expected. They definitely face similar sorts of problems when it comes to parking. Both clubs need to work on it because I'm sure it's affecting the crowds.

Yes was a good crowd and atmosphere yesterday Matchu, considering the end score and the gloomy clouds in the early arvo. Weather didn't look promising but held off ok. Was a good day, but the parking was a nightmare as usual. We did the usual thing of parking at Robina Town Centre and walking across which isn't great but not a lot of other options.
Good win by the bunnies. SSFC for life :)
It ended up being a pretty one-sided Corkie. I decided to head out to Robina last night too and I think the crowd was pretty good considering the cloudy skies and limited amounts of rain. I was surprised how many South Sydney fans there were at the game and that probably explains the large crowd but there was more red and green than I expected. They definitely face similar sorts of problems when it comes to parking. Both clubs need to work on it because I'm sure it's affecting the crowds.
I told you to expect a big turn out of rabbitohs supporters :).
We hit 30000 members this week (incase you were wondering I'm a rabbitohs fan/member)
I did think the weather would keep the crowd away as well.
Probly won't get as many to the warriors game, 17k maybe? There are a fair few kiwis on the coast so who knows...

Last edited:
do they still give rabble memberships away at centerlink, or has that stopped now. apparently pet memberships count as members with rabble, and the 1000 crow gives away to his holliwood friends.

anyhow, back to the crowd numbers. im involved in the junior rugby league on the gold coast and find if you dont have pokies you dont get a look in with having any involvement with the tittens. it comes down to who their feeders are. the burleigh, runawaybay teams get all the help and freebies while the smaller ones get sfa.
the tittens have only just realised that kids are needed to go to games and support them, so this year,after quiet a few years being absent, the tittens have ventured back to junior rugby league clubs trying to get the kids back into supporting them. so they send the injured players around to pat the under 6s on the heads and try to look interested at the under 12s. i personally think the tittens should be helping develope the junior talent from all clubs not just from the richer clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back