Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this needs its own thread...

It was just said on SEN radio, that the timing of K's, Suns drugs saga was due to the Titans having some drugs review or some such on the 6-7 july. This story was timed and released by a Brisbane Rugby League writer to paste over the Titans drugs story coming up, and to damage the AFL in RL heartland.

It is all part of the AFL vs RL war on the GC.

I thought it was to sabotage the Suns 100th game?

Seriously, what nonsense, the leak of the transcript of Hunt's confession also damaged the NRL with the revelation a yet to be named Titans player gave him the number of a dealer.

Seriously, what nonsense, the leak of the transcript of Hunt's confession also damaged the NRL with the revelation a yet to be named Titans player gave him the number of a dealer.
How insulting. We are perfectly capable of sabotaging our own games. We don't need any help.

No, its because Titans have their own drug issues and a review is coming up soon. Titans don't care about 100 games, they are looking to make Suns Drugs issues look bigger than their own....

No, its because Titans have their own drug issues and a review is coming up soon. Titans don't care about 100 games, they are looking to make Suns Drugs issues look bigger than their own....

Spot on ....

Gold Coast Suns may yet face further cocaine charges

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-further-cocaine-charges-20150628-ghzx8j.html

The slightly confusing headline :rolleyes: .....just exactly how many GC Suns players have actually been charged ?, yet some are facing further charges :confused: , where does this clown get off.

Roy Masters of course.

Spot on ....

Gold Coast Suns may yet face further cocaine charges

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-further-cocaine-charges-20150628-ghzx8j.html

The slightly confusing headline :rolleyes: .....just exactly how many GC Suns players have actually been charged ?, yet some are facing further charges :confused: , where does this clown get off.

Roy Masters of course.

June 28, 2015 - 8:30PM
The cases against the Titans will come up for mention in two weeks but the players are not expected to appear in court until late this year or early next year.

ignoring the fact the leak has damaged the Titans as well as Suns?

The 100 games thing was Eade's conspiracy theory.

Let's get this thread back on track. It should be interesting to see how many Gold Coasters bother to show up for the North Melbourne game this Saturday. The twilight time slot helps but the Kangaroos notoriously draw low crowds on the Coast. I can see this one pulling under 10k as well.

Let's get this thread back on track. It should be interesting to see how many Gold Coasters bother to show up for the North Melbourne game this Saturday. The twilight time slot helps but the Kangaroos notoriously draw low crowds on the Coast. I can see this one pulling under 10k as well.
yeh, depending on weather, I reckon between 7 and 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New crystal ball needed Matchy
School hols, Family Game, great crowd great result
Didn't think that many would show up but when I looked around the stadium I thought definitely at least 14k here. Great outcome for the Suns and the fans that showed up were very vocal tonight. Good to see.

Didn't think that many would show up but when I looked around the stadium I thought definitely at least 14k here. Great outcome for the Suns and the fans that showed up were very vocal tonight. Good to see.

Yes that seems a decent figure, my guess would be that for all the negative publicity you read day after day in the tabloids most people can read between the lines and work out whether it is fair dinkum or what amounts to a media beat up to get clicks, eyeballs on Tv's and sell papers.

Two interesting fixtures coming up on the GC. The Titans host Manly on Monday night which could be pretty hostile given the whole Cherry-Evans situation. The following week sees the Suns take on GWS. Interestingly, Manchester City will be playing at Robina on the same day as the Suns-Giants game. Not exactly the kind of opposition you want to be competing against if you're the Suns.

9,589 at the Suns-Giants game today. Really poor crowd. I don't usually make excuses but I know a lot of Suns fans (who would have normally attended) that chose to attend the Manchester City soccer game in Robina instead. That soccer game was a sell out.

Clashes never work on the GC.

9,589 at the Suns-Giants game today. Really poor crowd. I don't usually make excuses but I know a lot of Suns fans (who would have normally attended) that chose to attend the Manchester City soccer game in Robina instead. That soccer game was a sell out.

Clashes never work on the GC.
Yeah I went to the Man City game, lots of Suns caps/scarves there.

AFL should have moved the start time of that game one hour earlier, I would've went to both games.

What was the official crowd of the City game? Looked like 20k

Yeah , 2pm games dont work on the Coast either.
Saturday twilight is the way to go. Considering virtually every other fan base hates that time slot, it's pretty easy for the AFL.
Yeah I went to the Man City game, lots of Suns caps/scarves there.

AFL should have moved the start time of that game one hour earlier, I would've went to both games.

What was the official crowd of the City game? Looked like 20k
I can't find the reported crowd but I reckon there was at least 23k there. It definitely impacted the Suns crowd.

I can't find the reported crowd but I reckon there was at least 23k there. It definitely impacted the Suns crowd.
Yeah Suns v Giants is one of the neutral games I like to try and make, but not everyday you can watch a Premier League team for $20. If the Suns v Giants game was one hour earlier I would've went to both (didn't want to pay for entry to leave at 3 qtr time). When Man U came to Sydney, AFL moved the GWS game and gave free entry to all Man U ticketholders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back