Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully this doesn't end up like the redesign comp, with fights in every thread about what does and doesn't meet the criteria
I don't think this post meets the criteria pal.

I've had an idea that I'm trying to flesh out for a comp. This is the basic premise;

Designer Jumpers Comp

Every designer has their own unique style and approach. Some have unique signatures, some have designs they use often or a special template thats unique to them.

The challenge of this comp is to design a Jumper that reflects your own special, unique design traits. Got a unique template? . Love a certain colour combo? Got a unique and recognizable avatar? Celebrate that, make it the focus of your design somehow.

Your Jumper design should be immediately obvious as being YOURS, and reflect YOU as a designer.

And then standard rules etc to follow. Thoughts?

I'm well known for being a ridiculously handsome, outrageously rich and impossibly intelligent male that gets all the ladies... How would I make a jumper out of that?

Something with this plastered on the front should do the job:

the_worlds_greatest_liar_card-r48b9fbede08e49d49188e55bda9430a0_xvuak_8byvr_512.jpg

I'm well known for being a ridiculously handsome, outrageously rich and impossibly intelligent male that gets all the ladies... How would I make a jumper out of that?

Clearly you don't know many people, Essee. It's more about getting a jumper that reflects the rest of your work on this site

In regards to the European inspired comp, forget entry criteria and encourage that people vote in the spirit of the comp and not just automatically for the snazziest design

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Instead of voting for the best logo, people should be voting for the logo that is the most cleverly inspired by European soccer logos.

A logo might look amazing but not really fit the brief, so don't vote for it.

etc

Instead of voting for the best logo, people should be voting for the logo that is the most cleverly inspired by European soccer logos.

A logo might look amazing but not really fit the brief, so don't vote for it.

etc

I guess I kind of see the point but I reckon the ones that fit the brief the best will actually look the best anyway.

Probably.

It's just basically so that if someone someone comes along and draws an absolutely phenomenal NFL logo style Eagle for the WCE round, people don't vote for it because isn't the best European inspired logo, even if it is the best logo.

People will get the point and it wont be an issue anyway. My point was just that you don't need to put restrictions on entries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This needs quick confirmation, but I am willing to restart the Australian Jumper's League for 2014.

We did this last in 2012. Basically, what it is, is that after each round of the AFL, I post a poll and match each jumper that played in each game. The poll will last from Monday till Friday night(or start of next round). Also, if this goes ahead. I need a designer to make the jumpers, with exact specification, including sponsors, shorts, and socks.

Here is the 2012 AJL Headquarters thread:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ajl-2012-headquarters.926868/

Gibbsy

OK guys, time to face the dreaded..........Welcome to........
GGG
Guernseys Gone Gradient
Influenced by European football kits, all 18 AFL teams will wear a 3rd jumper/kit that contains gradients.
Either for preseason or to wear in the regular season.​
Your job is to create that 3rd jumper/kit with a design that symbolizes the team when worn on field and must include gradients to some extent (Noticeable). The trick is to make is look aesthetically pleasing. It'll be challenging for some but there is so much you can do with gradients!
Feel free to add any other suggestions.

I just remembered that a while ago, when I wasn't just a lurker on the board - I made a comp based on futuristic jumper designs that I think ended up being pretty cool...

Here's a link to it...

Would anyone be interested in a one off of something similar (or exactly the same) to this?
Haha nice OP, gonna have to wait for the new CEO's reign of terror to begin though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back