Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

I just remembered that a while ago, when I wasn't just a lurker on the board - I made a comp based on futuristic jumper designs that I think ended up being pretty cool...

Here's a link to it...

Would anyone be interested in a one off of something similar (or exactly the same) to this?

That comp would have been about 1000 times more fun if people got a bit creative with their templates rather than just using the smeagle or lmach templates.

Here's a convoluted idea, but I was thinking along the lines of Port Adelaide's entry into the AFL and all the rigmarole with Collingwood/Eddie and the magpies and stripes.

What if another Australian club made it into the AFL but had to change their guernsey/colours/name so they didn't match with an existing AFL team?

How would that team tweak their identity?
Add a colour from the past? Keep the colours but change the guernsey?
Use a colloquial name as their new official name? Dragons to Saints, Waratahs to Blues, Roosters to Tricoleurs, Swans to Bloods etc...?
Change the name so it means something similar? Broncos to Stallions, Devils to Demons, Kings to Royals, Crows to Ravens, etc...?

As a matter of fact, I would be tempted to expand this competition to any Australian sports club, so long as there is some sort of clash. For example East Perth Royals, West Perth Falcons, Ipswich Jets, Williamstown Seagulls or Southport Sharks wouldn't be eligible; but Swan Districts Swans, Central Bulldogs, South Brisbane Magpies (both rugby codes), Wollongong Hawks, Melbourne Tigers (NBL), St George-Illawarra Dragons (NRL, for the jersey similarity to Swans) would be eligible teams.

Technically speaking we have not only Port Adelaide as an example, but also the Brisbane Lions in soccer, who changed their name to the Queensland Roar, now of course, Brisbane Roar, on entering the A-League, so as not to come into conflict with the AFL side.

Last edited:
Here's the premise and rules of a comp I've been thinking of;

AFL 9's

On the back of both grass roots support and the success of similar formats in both Rugby and Rugby League, the AFL have announced an AFL 9's competition.
They are planning a round robin competition involving Each current AFL team. Teams are required to design a new, creative and colourful guernsey for the competition.

Each week a new team will be announced for a jumper re-design. Winners will be decided by poll at the end of that week.

Thoughts? Comments?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm considering bringing back the NRL crossover comp if anyone wants to see it come back? I know Volta was interested a while ago. But I might require some help now and then due to an increase in assignments at Uni
Yes pls. I enjoyed that comp.

I'm considering bringing back the NRL crossover comp if anyone wants to see it come back? I know Volta was interested a while ago. But I might require some help now and then due to an increase in assignments at Uni
I might close WUTOW and take over if thats fine?

Is like to keep a hold of it, but it'll just be a couple of weeks. Uni will finish soon (about five-six weeks). If you want, I'll post the comps and you can put up the polls? That's mostly what I'll probs forget to do
I'll see how things go with WUTOW.

Comps have died a bit eh?

Current LogoOTW Comp: 3 entries in 24 days in contrast to an average 6-11 entries a fortnight
Current Warm-up Wednesday Comp: 2 entires in 23 days in contrast to (Man Utd) 9 entries in 8 days
Current GGG Comp: 2 entries in 16 days in contrast to (Adelaide) 9 in a week

The only 'active' ones are IFJ and Logo Europeanisation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back