Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Would anyone be interested in an Australian Rules Guernsey World Cup? Essentially, it'd involve designing home and away guernseys for the World Cup teams, and then having them compete against each other in the same format as the World Cup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup#Format

Over the next couple of weeks, people would design jumpers for as many of the 32 World Cup countries as they like. These designs would then compete against each other in group polls reflecting the World Cup pools (ie all of the Brazil, Croatia, Mexico and Cameroon designs would be in one poll, all the Spain, Netherands, Chile and Australia designs would be in another, etc). The top two designs for different countries in each poll would proceed to the Round of 16. For instance, even if the top two designs in the Group A poll are Brazilian, only the top one would get through and then the next highest ranked design from Croatia, Mexico or Cameroon would be the runner-up.

In the Round of 16, the home kit for the winners of each poll would compete against the away jumper (or home, if it doesn't clash) of the runner-up teams as per the actual Round of 16 matchups: winner of Group A plays the runner-up of B, winner of C plays runner-up of D, etc.

It'd continue like this with the quarter-finals, semi-finals, and finally the final.

Thoughts? Anyone keen? There is some obvious overlap with the IFJ comp, but it'd basically be a couple of weeks of as many designs as people want to do (up to 32), and then the polls...

Only problem, bit too much like IFJ, btw final will start WednesdayWednesday

This was my first ever jumper design competition I entered.I was looking up Gold Coast's away jumper when I came across an image of a Gold Coast jumper made up by one of the bigfooty members. I clicked on the comp and it said it was run by wizardwaffle. It was called 'Clash Of The Jumpers' and I'm sure many people will remember this. I had a little read of what it was, looked at the examples and thought about maybe giving it a reboot? Here is what it is:

This contest is to create a clash jumper for the......... to wear against those teams that their jumper clashes with. At the end of the week there will be a vote to decide the best clash jumper.
(Written by wizardwaffle)

Some of the better examples from the Geelong one:
lmach
upload_2014-6-11_14-19-23.png
HaroCant ll (I think this was made by the old version of him):
upload_2014-6-11_14-20-17.png
CaNNaVo93:
upload_2014-6-11_14-20-59.png

Last edited:
I was looking up Gold Coast's away jumper when I came across an image of a Gold Coast jumper made up by one of the bigfooty members. I clicked on the comp and it said it was run by wizardwaffle. It was called 'Clash Of The Jumpers' and I'm sure many people will remember this. I had a little read of what it was, looked at the examples and thought about maybe giving it a reboot? Here is what it is:

This contest is to create a clash jumper for the......... to wear against those teams that their jumper clashes with. At the end of the week there will be a vote to decide the best clash jumper.
(Written by wizardwaffle)

Some of the better examples from the Geelong one:
lmach
View attachment 61499
HaroCant ll (I think this was made by the old version of him):
View attachment 61500
CaNNaVo93:
View attachment 61501
How much likes does this need??????

Not a good idea it's been dome before and people will put the same entries up

That'd help distinguish it from IJL, but I imagine that it'd end up mostly just replicating the existing designs, especially the home kits.

You don't reckon that footy jumpers will be pretty much replicating the kits too? The changes don't have to be big, they can be subtle if people want them to be. Just looking to mix it up a bit I guess

& on a side note welcome back, just don't fall into old habits, I'm willing to give you another chance

To help determine which country has the better World Cup Kits, I am willing to run the same competition that I am running with the AFL jumper at the moment, where we vote for which country wore the better kit in that game. I was planning to do three nights at a time, and have polls running for the 3 nights. Afterwards, I'll follow the same knock out fixture as the World Cup, but with the kits. The only problem I have is that I will be going away during the knockout stage of the World Cup, which means that i will have to finish that phase once I get back. I should be back by the end of the World Cup.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone be interested in an Australian Rules Guernsey World Cup? Essentially, it'd involve designing home and away guernseys for the World Cup teams, and then having them compete against each other in the same format as the World Cup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup#Format

Over the next couple of weeks, people would design jumpers for as many of the 32 World Cup countries as they like. These designs would then compete against each other in group polls reflecting the World Cup pools (ie all of the Brazil, Croatia, Mexico and Cameroon designs would be in one poll, all the Spain, Netherands, Chile and Australia designs would be in another, etc). The top two designs for different countries in each poll would proceed to the Round of 16. For instance, even if the top two designs in the Group A poll are Brazilian, only the top one would get through and then the next highest ranked design from Croatia, Mexico or Cameroon would be the runner-up.

In the Round of 16, the home kit for the winners of each poll would compete against the away jumper (or home, if it doesn't clash) of the runner-up teams as per the actual Round of 16 matchups: winner of Group A plays the runner-up of B, winner of C plays runner-up of D, etc.

It'd continue like this with the quarter-finals, semi-finals, and finally the final.

Thoughts? Anyone keen? There is some obvious overlap with the IFJ comp, but it'd basically be a couple of weeks of as many designs as people want to do (up to 32), and then the polls...
Why not soccer kits? We already have IFJ and most designs will be carried over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back