Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

A comp to design the new Indochina Bulldogs logo and possible jumper for the next AFL Nationals

Hi all,

Story:
Over the past few months there has been the movement of getting an Indochina all star team together for the AFL Nationals 2015. A few months aog, during the Indochina Cup, teams from Thailand Tigers, Vietnam Swans, Cambodia Eagles, Laos Elephants and...Myanmar Fighting utensils competed. This is a yearly event.
During this event an All-star team of nationals and players with parent heritage played against an Australian all star team. The Indochina Stars were born as they took charge and beat the Australian Allstars soundly.
Special mentions to ex-Eagle Andrew Embley who was coach for the Indochina Team, (his father was born in Myanmar), as well as Laos with their national sprint champion playing for the elephants.
After the Asia Champs held two weekends ago, the team name was decided. The Indochina Bulldogs, mostly as the colours are on each national flag, and
Rut Ngarmariyakul (Thai rep) the organiser, is a huge Doggies fan.

See photos here: http://tinyurl.com/o93fhk2

Competition (possibly broken into two)
1. Create an Indochina Bulldogs logo.
Should represent Indochina.
Be equal to all countries, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.
Be original, no MPC issues.
NOTE: This logo won't sit in copyright for 3 years before being unvieled.

2. Create a playing jumper
Take reference from Western Bulldogs, present or past.
Should represent Indochina.
Be equal to all countries, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.
Be original.

I have no issue if you rework old designs just redirect to an Indochina theme, following the above conditions.

More conditions can be added as I get feedback from the committee so that everything is finalised before we launch into the comp.

Colours of the flags, Red, White, Blue(all countires), Yellow(Vietnam/Myanmar) and Green(Myanmar)
Cambodia, Thailand and Laos are pretty much the bulldogs already.

Prize:
I will need to finalise with Rut, but one playing jumper, possibly signed by the players in next years comp....yes its a long way off.

Judges:
Players and Reps from the Indochina Bulldogs.

If this is suitable I will put together a thread and finalise all details, PM with questions so that I can create a FAQ for the comp.

My interest in this is that I play for the Vietnam Swans, and usually do most of the graphic work and have been asked for my input into this. I have found that here are some talented artists and have a love of football.

Cheers and thanks for reading.

I just created a "workshop" that I would like to eventual start a "competition" from upon pending approval. I wanted to see if I could tackle a big project.

The World Football Organization is a proposed league that will turn the game of footy into an "international phenomenom". People can submit their designs for jumpers and get another opportunity to get their work out there (no matter how strong). Have a look at the link below:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/world-footy-organization-wfo.1080514/#post-35828888

AFL Promotion (Name needs work)
Welcome to AFL Promotion. Your job is to redesign a team from anywhere in the worlds jumper To be promoted to the AFL. Us here at AFL Promotion would love to see what you can come up with for.
I'll pick this weeks team:
Thomastown Bears

The winner will pick next week's team.
RULES:
Maximum of 2 entries.
Can not keep the same jumper as they currently wear
Must have Home, Away/Clash and a logo. More jumpers are allowed (Warm Up, Training, etc.)

This idea coming from rabbitoh's thread: the thought of having a competition only for the newer designers on the board (5 competitions or less). This would be a round robin competition based around a theme, that is yet to be decided.

My aim is to get the lurkers ( and only voters) from this board to have a place where everyone is at the same level with thier designs, and not be daunted by going up against the likes of lmach and craegus.

Proposal:

FJ&GD World Heavyweight Championship

kR8Ti8A.png

My idea is for a competition in the spirit of competitions like the NAFL and IFA but a little more fast paced. People have been complaining about a lack of weekly designing, well for this competition you could design every week or once in a blue moon and not lose your place.

Every member on this board is permitted to have one live entry design, consisting of a playing strip and logo for a fictional football club from a location anywhere they like in the world. I don't care whether you enter the New York Isotopes or the Salisbury East Fieldmice. All I want is a real world location and a football club.

Each week there will be several divisions of roughly 5. Each division will have a match involving all 5 participants in an open vote for the best design.

After each match, the top two (or so) teams in the division will be promoted and the bottom two teams will be relegated. I'd imagine each voting period would be about 5 days with the idea to have one round each week.

The winner of the top division will be the World Heavyweight Champion and that champion will defend his title each week for as long as he or she has it.

Entry rules:

- One entry per person. One playing strip with a logo if you choose. Also I want your username attached somewhere in-image for quick reference of who is who.

- You will maintain your position in the rankings provided you stick with the same club name and colours. I will allow design tweaks or changes between rounds provided it's the same club. If you want to make wholesale changes, you have to pull out and re-enter a new club in the bottom division. This hopefully will stop one or two people from dominating for too long.

- If you enter a design and don't change it, and it maintains it's place in a division, it can theoretically stay there forever until you pull it out or enter something new. So if you want to enter a guernsey you can, but if you don't enter for a while you maintain your place in the competition. I'm not sure how this will work longterm and I expect that if this runs for a while and we end up with heaps of divisions, I will remove entries where the owner has lost interest or where the entry has remained in a low division for an extended period of time.

- The idea behind this is that it's quickfire comp that anybody can enter without having to invest too much time or effort. There is no bidding process. If you submit an entry, you are in (unless it gets absolutely ridiculous and we have like 60 teams).

Theoretically we could have 6 divisions, so 30 odd entries, and someone could enter at the bottom and their design if good enough would take 6 weeks to get up to the top division and challenge for the belt.

The thread structure would be a hub thread where discussion and announcements happened and a weekly voting thread. I'm not sure if there is an image limit in posts or a limit as to how many voting options there are. If so I could break the divisions over a couple of threads if required.

I'm hoping that the belt will regularly change hands as people get sick of the incumbent titleholder and vote new designs in.

Also, once this competition got the go ahead, i'd start the hub thread immediately and as soon as I had 5 designs, the first week would be up. The NAFL benefited greatly from 3 months of time to enter and the quality was outstanding. This competition is all about a fast pace and constantly rotating entries.

What do people think?

Still needs a little tweaking, but I like. Just a suggestion, get every to submit a home jumper and if they have an away game, the away team would need to have a jumper that doesn't clash, this would mean possibly new designs most week. Also, every few weeks have a special round (Christmas, Easter, Etc). And 4 or 6 teams to a division, otherwise one team would miss out from each division.

They aren't 1 on 1 matches. It's just a pool of 5 all battling it out, winner takes all. There is no home or away, just a vote for the best design in the division each week. I don't really care if every design in a given division is blue and yellow stripes.

Multiple guernseys for each team would make it too messy and special rounds would only work if everyone was updating their team each week, which I don't expect to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you have the chance to tweak your entry between weeks? Is that right? If so, I think that's a great idea. It'd mean people could use feedback to get their designs looking better right away, and the newer guys could keep tweaking away until the learn what works and what doesn't for these competitions. Perfect way for everyone to get better.

I figure I'll start this off. I'm thinking of making an NRL Crossover thread. Each fortnight, we use an NRL team, create the crossover as if they were becoming an AFL team. Trick is, The design cannot be what they currently have. Once this is done, we go in reverse. AFL teams becoming an NRL one...
thoughts?
Just a bump for this comp as its been raised a few times over the last couple of days. Rules are as below for the Broncos. Should I restart the whole comp or continue where we left off?
Hey all. This here thread shall be a new fortnightly comp(One week for entries, One week for poll) in which you, the designer, have to crossover the specified NRL team as if they were becoming an AFL team in 2015.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to design a new home, clash and a warm-up top for that club. The trick is you cannot use a design the club has used in the past. I will be basing this information on the designs from this site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SpecialWindler/Gallery/Self-Made/Jerseys
and from previous knowledge (I will look it up). Sponsors are not required but if you want to include them, you can.

I will hold the right (and responsibility) to disqualify entries for whatever reason; particularly if I believe that they are too similar to previous designs.

And the team of the week is: Brisbane Broncos

The colours I will allow for this round are:
Maroon: 106, 0, 35
Yellow: 254, 168, 7
White: 255, 255, 255

[/COLOR][/FONT]Have fun designing!

There was also this one if someone else wants to take it on
An update on CCCC. My rules ideas if anyone wants to go ahead with this.

CCCC: Cross Code Combination Competition Version 3

The Idea: Create a set of AFL guernseys for an Aussie Rules team from the AFL, VFL, WAFL, SANFL or NEAFL and another team from around the world.

However, there must be some connection between the two teams, the only rule towards this is that it has to make sense and in the current year. At the moment this will include 2014 kits, names, and colours.

For example, if the nominated team that week were the Sandringham Dragons, they could be merged with:

· St George Illawarra Dragons (Both share the dragon as a mascot/nickname)

· Sandringham Zebras (both teams are based in the same city)

· New Zealand Kiwis Rugby League team (Both teams have a deep double V in their designs

The Rules:

Maximum of two entry per person.

Minimum of two uniforms per entry (home and clash).

Maximum of four uniforms per entry (home and clash, plus away, and if the designer wants, a uniform for the opposite sport. Baseball shirt for a baseball merger etc)

Logos are encouraged, but not required. Logos can be re-coloured or re-hashed versions of existing logos, combined elements from logos of both teams, "borrowed" from other teams in other sports, or completely original.

Each entry must be in one image

Just a bump for this comp as its been raised a few times over the last couple of days. Rules are as below for the Broncos. Should I restart the whole comp or continue where we left off?
How many did you get through before it stopped?

And had you done the Warriors yet? I've had an idea in my head for the Warriors for months..

How many did you get through before it stopped?

And had you done the Warriors yet? I've had an idea in my head for the Warriors for months..
From memory, we had Brisbane, Canberra, Penrith and Canterbury. I was going to restart it with Souths, on account of their win a few weeks ago and then the winner can pick.

From memory, we had Brisbane, Canberra, Penrith and Canterbury. I was going to restart it with Souths, on account of their win a few weeks ago and then the winner can pick.
I'd say leave the teams that have already been done until last, and if there's still interest run them again.

Proposal:

kR8Ti8A.png

My idea is for a competition in the spirit of competitions like the NAFL and IFA but a little more fast paced. People have been complaining about a lack of weekly designing, well for this competition you could design every week or once in a blue moon and not lose your place.

Every member on this board is permitted to have one live entry design, consisting of a playing strip and logo for a fictional football club from a location anywhere they like in the world. I don't care whether you enter the New York Isotopes or the Salisbury East Fieldmice. All I want is a real world location and a football club.

Each week there will be several divisions of roughly 5. Each division will have a match involving all 5 participants in an open vote for the best design.

After each match, the top two (or so) teams in the division will be promoted and the bottom two teams will be relegated. I'd imagine each voting period would be about 5 days with the idea to have one round each week.

The winner of the top division will be the World Heavyweight Champion and that champion will defend his title each week for as long as he or she has it.

Entry rules:

- One entry per person. One playing strip with a logo if you choose. Also I want your username attached somewhere in-image for quick reference of who is who.

- You will maintain your position in the rankings provided you stick with the same club name and colours. I will allow design tweaks or changes between rounds provided it's the same club. If you want to make wholesale changes, you have to pull out and re-enter a new club in the bottom division. This hopefully will stop one or two people from dominating for too long.

- If you enter a design and don't change it, and it maintains it's place in a division, it can theoretically stay there forever until you pull it out or enter something new. So if you want to enter a guernsey you can, but if you don't enter for a while you maintain your place in the competition. I'm not sure how this will work longterm and I expect that if this runs for a while and we end up with heaps of divisions, I will remove entries where the owner has lost interest or where the entry has remained in a low division for an extended period of time.

- The idea behind this is that it's quickfire comp that anybody can enter without having to invest too much time or effort. There is no bidding process. If you submit an entry, you are in (unless it gets absolutely ridiculous and we have like 60 teams).

Theoretically we could have 6 divisions, so 30 odd entries, and someone could enter at the bottom and their design if good enough would take 6 weeks to get up to the top division and challenge for the belt.

The thread structure would be a hub thread where discussion and announcements happened and a weekly voting thread. I'm not sure if there is an image limit in posts or a limit as to how many voting options there are. If so I could break the divisions over a couple of threads if required.

I'm hoping that the belt will regularly change hands as people get sick of the incumbent titleholder and vote new designs in.

Also, once this competition got the go ahead, i'd start the hub thread immediately and as soon as I had 5 designs, the first week would be up. The NAFL benefited greatly from 3 months of time to enter and the quality was outstanding. This competition is all about a fast pace and constantly rotating entries.

What do people think?
Voted because the belt

Proposal:

kR8Ti8A.png

Entry rules:

What do people think?
I really like this idea! So would each division have a name like Cruiserweight, Welterweight, Bantamweight, etc. with Heavyweight of course being the top division?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back