Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

***I won’t start asking for bids for this until the Can-Am comp is underway, at the very earliest***

The missing piece from these new league competitions is South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. By the time this competition gets underway, I’m sure we’ll all be a bit drained from long league type competitions. So I’m going to do this one a little differently, and have it in a cup format, not too dissimilar to the FIFA World Cup.

The Copa América is an event held across the Americas, bringing together teams from South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. Unlike the other international competitions, Copa América has only one division; all teams are playing on the same field (more on that later). Competing teams are split into groups (roughly 4-6 teams per group, depending on numbers), with each team playing the other teams in their group twice (or once, depending on numbers). The best performing teams from each group then qualify for the finals, the nature of which will, again, depend on numbers.

The idea of having all teams competing against each other, rather than divided, isn’t to exploit or belittle less experienced designers, but rather to encourage them to step up their game to compete against the big shots. This will be a fairly quick fire competition, I’m expecting the group stage to last around 6 rounds at most, so it’s not like new guys will have to go through months and months of massive losses. And, who knows, maybe there’ll be some surprises.

Edit: There'll be no official seeding to decide on groups, but I will be using previous competition results, experience, and general goodness of posters to decide who goes where, to get the most even competition possible.

Competing teams will need home and clash jumpers, shorts and socks, as well as a logo. The logo won’t be voted on, so don’t stress if that isn’t your strong suit, but I’d like to have one for each team to make graphics and that.

Again, I won’t get started on this for quite some time, but had the idea so thought I’d chuck it up before I forget.
Hi St Mark, since this got the required 10 likes I think it can go ahead (in the future, obviously).

I have a vested interest in Latin American culture, mostly because of my previous love affair with the Spanish language, so if you need a hand I'm definitely willing.

Have unstickied this because it was getting pretty crowded at the top. Most of us know the rules with comps and those who don't will be told by others, I'm sure :)

OK FJGD board, this has been an issue of debate for the last few months and I'd like to settle it once and for all.

Haro's IFA competition will be put through the same 10 like requirement as every other competition for a second time, as circumstances have hugely changed since.

If this post gets the regulation 10 likes, the 10 team IFA can carry on as it would, providing the entrants are ready by Haro's set date of the 8th.

I'll leave this to be until the 4th. If the likes aren't here by then, I'm locking the IFA threads.

HaroLad said:
ANNOUNCEMENT:
This year, due to a lack of interest, the IFA will be once again merging into one competition. The season will start April 8th.
DETAILS:
FORMAT:
12 Teams, 4 from SE, SW, NW & NE divisions
LOGO: If you have already finished your designs, you can keep the PL or Championship logo on them if you want, or, when the logo is released (Some time in the next 24 hours) you can put that on
YOU CAN COLOUR THE LOGO
SAME RULES APPLY (FROM PL & CHAMPIONSHIP)
SPANNA MAY BE ASSISTING ME

96776_1e70973cadfc4247e7e9c83af99a2dda.jpg

You must design the following Australian Rules Jumpers for your team/s:

• Home
    • Away (Exact same as Home, with only minor changes allowed , etc sponsors, slight design change like a change of colour.) MUST change colour of shorts so that it is different from Home
    • Inter Division Away, can be anything you want, but must be fairly different from Home/Away.
    • Clash. Must be different colours from away, inter-away & home
    • National jumper. Etc. An Australian team might do an aboriginal jumper
    • Heritage.
    • AND a logo with a plain white/transparent background
All of the following must be inboxed to me by April 8th 2015. Each jumper must be in a single image. Jumpers must include the following:

OK FJGD board, this has been an issue of debate for the last few months and I'd like to settle it once and for all.

Haro's IFA competition will be put through the same 10 like requirement as every other competition for a second time, as circumstances have hugely changed since.

If this post gets the regulation 10 likes, the 10 team IFA can carry on as it would, providing the entrants are ready by Haro's set date of the 8th.

I'll leave this to be until the 7th. If the likes aren't here by then, I'm locking the IFA threads.

I just don't see where a universally disliked ten-team league comp possibly fits in on the FJGD board already chockers with three similar, larger comps.
Maybe the other comps should've thought of that, because the IFA is the original competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hardly consider it flaming to vocally disagree with the running of a competition. If you're asking for 10 likes as approval for a competition, why is it "flaming" for me to express my disapproval. I had entered the IFA, and then got sick of the abuse and bull being flung on this forum. The IFA competition is not inherently bad, but in any form it has lost any trust, prestige or sense of excitement because of the former administrator and his mistreatment of other forum members.

Maybe the other comps should've thought of that, because the IFA is the original competition.
This argument needs to stop. It doesnt mean anything and really doesnt help your case in any way. Its a non-reply

I hardly consider it flaming to vocally disagree with the running of a competition. If you're asking for 10 likes as approval for a competition, why is it "flaming" for me to express my disapproval. I had entered the IFA, and then got sick of the abuse and bull being flung on this forum. The IFA competition is not inherently bad, but in any form it has lost any trust, prestige or sense of excitement because of the former administrator and his mistreatment of other forum members.
Former? Do you have any idea what's even going on?

I know, it was just a general statement as this issue tends to generate personal attacks. Don't consider it a direct response to your post.

I couldn't give less shits about this board, but HaroLad's comp was just shat on because of his reputation. People started making their own jumper comps and the truth is, NAFL and IFA were the original 2 leagues. Pretty unfair to just kick him off.

I couldn't give less shits about this board, but HaroLad's comp was just shat on because of his reputation. People started making their own jumper comps and the truth is, NAFL and IFA were the original 2 leagues. Pretty unfair to just kick him off.
This is true, but competition runners need to be regular posters on this board. Of which he is not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back