Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Codym2723, another option is to work through (alphabetically) the A league, then the EPL and so on and have the winner of each week select the type of kit to be designed in the following round

And would likely kill the competition quite quickly. Randomness means that one week you could be designing for Barcelona, the next for Sandefjord from Norway (and trust me if I win rounds you wouldn't be getting the Man City's and Juventus').

And would likely kill the competition quite quickly. Randomness means that one week you could be designing for Barcelona, the next for Sandefjord from Norway (and trust me if I win rounds you wouldn't be getting the Man City's and Juventus').
If the LogoOTW comps are anything to go by, the teams tend to be quite obvious choices. Changing the section of randomness wouldnt kill a comp, itd just be a new element we havent really done before

If the LogoOTW comps are anything to go by, the teams tend to be quite obvious choices. Changing the section of randomness wouldnt kill a comp, itd just be a new element we havent really done before

But going Adelaide, Brisbane.....then Arsenal, Aston Villa....etc is too predictable and people could just design weeks in advance knowing what is coming. Randomness means that you have to come up with something only when you know what the winner chooses.

LogoOTW worked quite well for the 30 odd rounds it ran, with the winner picking the next side.

Also just submit shorts and socks for once in your miserable lives.

I feel like Dylan is now stuck because even if he did come to his senses and see that socks are an important part of a kit, beginning to include them would cause a tidal wave of bronx-cheeresque posting that would potentially shame him to death or until my throat is sore

LogoOTW worked quite well for the 30 odd rounds it ran, with the winner picking the next side.

Also just submit shorts and socks for once in your miserable lives.

I feel like Dylan is now stuck because even if he did come to his senses and see that socks are an important part of a kit, beginning to include them would cause a tidal wave of bronx-cheeresque posting that would potentially shame him to death or until my throat is sore
sticking by my rules, shorts and socks will be optional but most people will do the full kit as it looks better, i will be

We have a number of competitions running at the moment but not many of the weekly/fortnightly ones. So I thought I'll try and liven up the board a little with this idea.

Retail Logo Of The Fortnight (RLotF)

Basically, each fortnight, design a logo for a different kind of retailer. Could be a butcher, a greengrocer, a sports shop, clothes shop, pet shop, online shop, sex shop, whatever. What I think would be particularly good about this type of competition is that the logos for retailers are different to that of sports logos and designers of FJGD will have to be particularly creative.

So this would be for a made up company, and not an actual company that already exists?

Because if it isn't, that we have already trailed a Non Sports Logo of the Week.
A fantasy company. The brief would be something like "A Pet Shop" and users would come up with their own name, own brand and own identity. "Akkap's Cats and Dogs", "Stormy's Pets" or "Dylan's Fish Bowl" and each can have their own unique colours, styles, etc, etc. It's completely open-ended and up to the designer.

That's more exciting than Non-sports Logo OTW which restricted users with 1 company and, therefore, similar designs.

So, yeah, this idea will be good, I reckon.

A fantasy company. The brief would be something like "A Pet Shop" and users would come up with their own name, own brand and own identity. "Akkap's Cats and Dogs", "Stormy's Pets" or "Dylan's Fish Bowl" and each can have their own unique colours, styles, etc, etc. It's completely open-ended and up to the designer.

That's more exciting than Non-sports Logo OTW which restricted users with 1 company and, therefore, similar designs.

So, yeah, this idea will be good, I reckon.
Sweet, just confirming.

We have a number of competitions running at the moment but not many of the weekly/fortnightly ones. So I thought I'll try and liven up the board a little with this idea.

Retail Logo Of The Fortnight (RLotF)

Basically, each fortnight, design a logo for a different kind of retailer. Could be a butcher, a greengrocer, a sports shop, clothes shop, pet shop, online shop, sex shop, whatever. What I think would be particularly good about this type of competition is that the logos for retailers are different to that of sports logos and designers of FJGD will have to be particularly creative.
This is a fantastic idea! I hope it gets the required 10.

We even have ourselves a shitty logo to boot!

fcNmbnz.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't even need a logo, really, so I might forego that round. I really just want to get stuck into this from the get go, and since we have the required 10 likes, I'll make the first round.

What kind of retail store should we start with? I'm thinking something simple and generic. A pet shop?

It doesn't even need a logo, really, so I might forego that round. I really just want to get stuck into this from the get go, and since we have the required 10 likes, I'll make the first round.

What kind of retail store should we start with? I'm thinking something simple and generic. A pet shop?
Fast food...

Thats what the logo couldve been, the new logo and a first round

Hi Guys .. I am looking for a new logo and jumper design for my local junior football club to take to our committee

We are called the Panthers with Navy Blue and White as our colours - I have attached our current jumper and our previous jumpers -- I would really like this to be brought into the new millennium -- I would also like a training jumper designed also

Sorry prob pushing the friendship

Attachments

• original.jumper.png
    original.jumper.png
    3 KB · Views: 1
  • 1997.jumper.png
    1997.jumper.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 1
  • currentjumper.jpg
    currentjumper.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi Guys .. I am looking for a new logo and jumper design for my local junior football club to take to our committee

We are called the Panthers with Navy Blue and White as our colours - I have attached our current jumper and our previous jumpers -- I would really like this to be brought into the new millennium -- I would also like a training jumper designed also

Sorry prob pushing the friendship
Dylan8 Gibbsy another new comp

Theme Thursdays(?)
each week, one kit must be submitted, whether it be Home, Away or Clash for a fictional team, that follows a central theme, such as: indigenous, religious, beach, etc.
the winner of the previous week picks any theme they'd like for the next round.
Rules:
Must include: Guernsey and shorts.
Must have entrants name somewhere on the design.
Must follow the theme (duh)

so, how bout' it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back