Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so much the name of the board itself, but yes inherently it does mark 10 years of the board. Good pick-up Fizz.

For those who are unaware, initially this board was called 'Footy Fotoshops' way back when in 2006 and was first used as a haven of designing in September 2007 when the infamous Kerrby began the "Create an AFL Guernsey" thread (which has since been renamed but still lives on today). InCase's "Kit of the Week" began in April 2009 and was definitely one of the reasons why I signed up to BF. Cory's "Away Guernsey of the Week" followed in August 2009, and by November 2009 the board was moved into the "Australian Football" subsection up the top of the forum, rather than being tucked away (I think under "More Footy"?) near the very bottom.

Bear in mind it was still a subforum of the Footy Videos and Pics board at this stage, but in later years the board outgrew its parent tenfold. Later it became Footy Jumpers and Fotoshops (while still a subforum), then Footy Graphic Design as it encompassed all aspects of footy design culture, before slightly rebranding a couple(?) of years ago by re-adding 'Footy Jumpers' back into the board title.

I think a 10-year jamboree would be pretty awesome. Even try and tag in some of the old members and get them back designing again; vote on old polls etc. A few honour rolls and stuff. Great idea.

Cheers Gibbsy, so it has the go-ahead then? I remember reading that it was in the "Other Sports" which confused everyone and then it was moved. This will be good, I'll make a hub thread later.

Cheers Gibbsy, so it has the go-ahead then? I remember reading that it was in the "Other Sports" which confused everyone and then it was moved. This will be good, I'll make a hub thread later.
You still need the 10 likes?

Not so much the name of the board itself, but yes inherently it does mark 10 years of the board. Good pick-up Fizz.

For those who are unaware, initially this board was called 'Footy Fotoshops' way back when in 2006 and was first used as a haven of designing in September 2007 when the infamous Kerrby began the "Create an AFL Guernsey" thread (which has since been renamed but still lives on today). InCase's "Kit of the Week" began in April 2009 and was definitely one of the reasons why I signed up to BF. Cory's "Away Guernsey of the Week" followed in August 2009, and by November 2009 the board was moved into the "Australian Football" subsection up the top of the forum, rather than being tucked away (I think under "More Footy"?) near the very bottom.

Bear in mind it was still a subforum of the Footy Videos and Pics board at this stage, but in later years the board outgrew its parent tenfold. Later it became Footy Jumpers and Fotoshops (while still a subforum), then Footy Graphic Design as it encompassed all aspects of footy design culture, before slightly rebranding a couple(?) of years ago by re-adding 'Footy Jumpers' back into the board title.

I think a 10-year jamboree would be pretty awesome. Even try and tag in some of the old members and get them back designing again; vote on old polls etc. A few honour rolls and stuff. Great idea.

Ahhh yes thanks Gibbsy! Now I recall. For some reason I thought the Footy Fotoshops became Footy Videos and Pics, rather than being a subforum of it, and that FJGD was an entirely new board. Makes much more sense now.

Some interesting reading going back to the early threads from the board. Brings back some good memories! Kerrby (and what a character he was! Ended up permabanned IIRC?) ran the first ever comp. There were three participants over five rounds with the highest aggregate score winning. And as it turns out...

Final Results:

Competitor number 1(Crow28): Points - 13

Competitor number 2(Tigerdrive): Points - 7

Competitor number 3(dale_thomas13): Points - 12

It was a tie between first and third but the last round won it for Crow28. Sometimes when you have larger images, they don't load properly and that's what happened for dale_thomas13 because he sent in a double(you wern't supposed to). Cost you.

Congratulations to Crow28 for winning the first ever, Create an AFL Guernsey Competiton.

I was the winner! I must get some cred for winning the first ever comp on this board, surely! :p:D

Is there something in doing some sort of BBL redesign/development? I always thought some of the logos and colour schemes could afford to be played with, mainly stemming from the fact that the Heat and the Strikers look a bit too similar. Could be an idea for a weekly comp in the current sea of league comps. Discuss.

I'm not wanting to run this forever just a few rounds but

Retouch a s**t logo.
First one.
200px-Rising_Pune_SuperGiants_Logo.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with the logo, it has some good symbolism.

The symbolism isn't the issue really. It looks like it was drawn in the 70s and has just never been updated.

It could definitely do with a refresh in the modern era, with Bangladesh now an increasingly important test playing nation.

But I like the amateurish look. And Bagladesh where in the right place at the right time with getting Test status, I could go on, but this is not the right thread.

They were, but they are a nation of 160,000,000 people who love cricket. It was only ever a matter of time.

But I like the amateurish look. And Bagladesh where in the right place at the right time with getting Test status, I could go on, but this is not the right thread.
You just said it. It's amateurish. The point of the comp is to make it look professional.

The elements are there, and they're good, it just needs to be redone properly.

But stuff that's outside the shield is poorly executed as well. The banner looks like it was made on MS word in 1993

Remove this Banner Ad

Back