Conca and Vicks

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Jake gets fit enough over summer he play that role Gordon does now, just wander around the forward half making a menace of himself and setting up goals, his field kicking is really really really good. I'd love to have Vickery (or lids/cotch/martin) out of the square and have Jack just float across the front Fyfe styles.

1) don't flirt with form

2) every game is potentially our last (that means something), we get no second chances, so selection must reflect this

3) saints will be out to kill our party, we have to take them seriously

4) conca for Lennon on form

5) apparently Jacko wasn't great in the vfl, so another week for him

6) you don't experiment with a previously failed three talls forward structure in elimination games. If Ty gets a game , it will be IMO only off the back of a drop in form of griff

Lennon will be out. Not ready, if he stays in will get the Nick name fumbles.

Give the kid a break. It was a wet, slippery game and he came on when the pressure was at its highest. Of course his first touches would have been fumbles, everyone was struggling to keep the ball in control

Griff has done enough to keep Vickery out. More versatile than Vickery, longer kick than Vickery, better mark than Vickery and can play CHB and pinch Ruck if he isn't kicking goals and I believe has a bigger X factor than Vickery, and if Vickery isn't kicking goals, he has no impact on the game where as Griff still does....... just curious, how did Vickery get a game in front of Griff again?

1) don't flirt with form

2) every game is potentially our last (that means something), we get no second chances, so selection must reflect this

3) saints will be out to kill our party, we have to take them seriously

4) conca for Lennon on form

5) apparently Jacko wasn't great in the vfl, so another week for him

6) you don't experiment with a previously failed three talls forward structure in elimination games. If Ty gets a game , it will be IMO only off the back of a drop in form of griff

THIS; especially 6)

conca cuddles must come back in, but vickery can stay in the 2nds and should consider his season finished.
griff does more around the ground, is better in the ruck more athletic and we can also use him in defence. not to mention x factor with 70 meter goals!
would be great to play the finals and see vickery miss out, would teach that mug to be more accountable to the team.

Hey tigs2010 , Nice avatar. That guy was all class last night. Credit to himself. Nice to see you acknowledging him.....

Vickery no ******* way. No chance him, Griff and Jack all in the same side. How many times do you want to see the ball kicked inside 50, dropped/spoiled, then run out under no pressure at all? All our mids play tall, we don't need more height.

Been massively disappointed in Conca. Happy for him to come back in, but severely hoping he's taken his kick up the backside well and hits pre-season hard*.

*After we win the flag...

He doesnt, but when vickery doesnt kick goals, hes just a burden. When griff doesnt, hes still useful.
your comments are dumb and short sighted. griff needs to find his niche as a true chf, playing a role where hitting the scoreboard is not the be all and end all. get 1 or 2 a game whilst delivering it quick and very long do beat the double team whilst jack and vickers lead to opposing pockets. this pre season alot work needs to go into those 3 clicking. atm a 3 tall forward line isnt as effective as it should be cos we are 1 genuine crumber short to truely complement kpp talent we possess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not this season, but I'm excited by the prospect of Jack,Ty and Griff making it work together.
What a handfull!
Should and will work.

Griff has done enough to keep Vickery out. More versatile than Vickery, longer kick than Vickery, better mark than Vickery and can play CHB and pinch Ruck if he isn't kicking goals and I believe has a bigger X factor than Vickery, and if Vickery isn't kicking goals, he has no impact on the game where as Griff still does....... just curious, how did Vickery get a game in front of Griff again?
Kicks more goals and is a better ruckman. Only thing that Griffiths has over Vickery at the moment is his contested marking.

I think Jake gets fit enough over summer he play that role Gordon does now, just wander around the forward half making a menace of himself and setting up goals, his field kicking is really really really good. I'd love to have Vickery (or lids/cotch/martin) out of the square and have Jack just float across the front Fyfe styles.
Batchelor? I think Gordo with his tank, he leap and speed is going to be a good player for us so he stays for me.

Disagree. Griff does fine in the ruck.
I think that Griffiths performs the role well, but Vickery, who has played more of his football career in the position, is better at rucking. Also, when playing second fiddle to Maric, Vickery has averaged more hitouts, possessions, clearances and goals than Griffiths. That said, it is hard to effectively use statistics as evidence as the percentage for time played in ruck is unavailable.

When it comes to comparing who is a better forward, I don't think it's even worth discussing. Vickery kicks goals, has more experience, and takes more marks inside 50.

I rate both Griffiths and Vickery highly but Tyrone is just too damaging to ignore. If you asked any team, they'd much rather the opposition forward taking marks in the defensive half than kicking goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back