MRP / Trib. Conca Gets 2 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Reece Conca, Richmond, has been charged with a Level Four Striking Offence (325 demerit points, three-match sanction) for striking Devon Smith, GWS Giants, during the second quarter of the Round 19 match between Richmond and the GWS Giants, played at the MCG on Saturday August 2, 2014.

In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the GWS Giants Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of seven activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Four Offence, drawing 325 demerit points and a three-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 243.75 points and a two-match sanction

Last edited:
Reece Conca can accept 2 games, striking Devon Smith.

lucky boy

TBH although it wasn't a huge impact hit, I still think he should have copped more - whacking a guy direct from behind, without warning, and in the neck is just begging for a serious injury to occur

Take it and run Reece, and pull your friggin head in

Very lucky person. Should have got more, was worse then Vickery.
Yep, was predicting 3 weeks down from 4. Guess it was the lack of force that saved him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not surprised but i thought the guy putting him in a headlock beforehand maybe wouldve got a wrestling fine too.
I'm surprised by that as well, at what point does pulling a guy off someone else from behind so he lands on his face, pulling his jumper over his head while he's standing up and swinging an arm into his face get turned into wrestling or a strike?

All legal, carry on.

Deserves two weeks but this just shows how innefective the MRP system is. Two that come to mind that were not looked at were Shuey last week on Vickery (after the cox decapitation) and Chapman just prior to the dreamtime game.

I think the penalty is fair but why are some similar deemed not forcefully enough to constitute a reportable offence? The rules indicate impact, intention and point of contact but not what is of significant force and what is not.

2 weeks is exactly right
No injury to that flog Devon- he acted a bit afterwards (knob) and should have been looked at for what he did to Reece

When reporters asked if Reece wanted to issue an apology to Devon...Conca looked cheesed off and said sarcastically 'yeah sorry...happy with that?'
This suggests that what Devon did was un-toward...he better watch it next time we play

West Coast fans still crying over the Vickery avatars from last week.

Crying is what weagles fans do. After all, the blow didn't connect correctly...or in other words, Vickery bitch slapped soft Cox into unconsciousness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back