Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

k4ftb4.jpg

Welcome everyone to the inaugural Season Thread on the newest Sweet FA club, the
Coney Island Warriors.

Firstly, I'd like to thank all of you for signing up and being a part of this. Many of you are rookies but over the last few weeks we have shown that we can be an integral part of this competition now and well into the future. Our vision for this club is to be inclusive, team orientated and above all - having a laugh.

I am also interested in helping players develop into future leaders here and elsewhere in the league. This means giving any players who want it greater responsibility and greater exposure to the day to day running of the club. If you are keen to step up, please get in touch with myself or Sydney Bloods.

The upcoming season will be a test and one that requires me to put a lot of faith in you.

If we are seen as a weak club, if we do not support each other, we will fail.

I need everyone to post as often as they can to support the side each week - win, lose or draw.

ALL positions on field will be available to any player provided they are contributing to the club.

ALL contributing players will be rotated through the best positions on the field. If you feel like you are missing out or have a request for a specific position, please let me know.

Finally, enjoy the season, enjoy being involved and let's show this competition what it means to be a Warrior.

Official Name: Coney Island Warriors FFC
Colours: Orange, Black and White
Home Ground: Van Cortlandt Park

Season 18 Playing List

29y2yzc.jpg

bbn0x.jpg

eagoyb.jpg

Last edited:
Round One - 22 June 2014
Coney Island Warriors vs Las Vegas Bears at Van Cortlandt Park

Round Two - 29 June 2014
Fighting Furies vs Coney Island Warriors at Punt Road Oval

Round Three - 6 July 2014
Gold City Royals vs Coney Island Warriors at The Golden Throne

Round Four - 13 July 2014
Coney Island Warriors vs Roys FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Round Five - 20 July 2014
Alberton Swamprats vs Coney Island Warriors at Alberton Oval

Round Six - 27 July 2014
East Side Hawks vs Coney Island Warriors at Waverley Park

Round Seven - 3 August 2014 (Heritage Round)
Coney Island Warriors vs Mt Buller Demons at Van Cortlandt Park

Round Eight - 10 August 2014
Coney Island Warriors vs Geelong Gumbies at Van Cortlandt Park

Round Nine - 17 August 2014
Coney Island Warriors vs West Coast Wonders at Van Cortlandt Park

Round Ten - 24 & 31 August 2014 (Split Round)
Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC at Van Cortlandt Park (31 August)

Round Eleven - 7 September 2014
Baghdad Bombers vs Coney Island Warriors at Abdu Prison

Round Twelve - 14 September 2014 (Rivalry Round)
Las Vegas Bears vs Coney Island Warriors at The Stadium in the Sky

Round Thirteen - 21 September 2014
Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park

Round Fourteen - 28 September 2014 (AFL GF Weekend)
Coney Island Warriors vs Fighting Furies at Van Cortlandt Park

Round Fifteen - 5 October 2014
West Coast Wonders vs Coney Island Warriors at The Colosseum

Round Sixteen - 12 October 2014
Roys FFC vs Coney Island Warriors at Brunswick Junction Oval

Round Seventeen - 19 October 2014
Coney Island Warriors vs Alberton Swamprats at Van Cortlandt Park

Last edited:
WE WANT YOU!

Any experienced players out there who feel they need a change of scenery, maybe want to play a different position or are looking to captain a club one day - contact us and we will make it happen.

Any Warriors, contact your friends and get them on board. I want as many active posters as I can get. The more you post, the better position you play.

Any ladies, we are an equal opportunity organisation. Feel free to break that glass ceiling and become a Warrior today.

Stay tuned for more articles, interviews, raffles and competitions....

Last edited:

As Lou Richards would say........

"and away we gooooooooooo"

Lets take the SFA by storm, hit the ground running and have a very successful season.

BTW - the club jumpers look bloody awesome. Very cool design.

As Lou Richards would say........

"and away we gooooooooooo"

Lets take the SFA by storm, hit the ground running and have a very successful season.

BTW - the club jumpers look bloody awesome. Very cool design.

The best thing about the new expansion clubs at the moment are their jumpers. Seriously, I'm jealous.

The best thing about the new expansion clubs at the moment are their jumpers. Seriously, I'm jealous.

Yeah - who ever and I'm assuming it's designed by Frankston Rover has done a terrific job.

Would certainly buy one. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

and just because we are an expansion club, doesn't mean we we won't be relevant. Just watch us, we will make a huge impact.

Yeah - who ever and I'm assuming it's designed by Frankston Rover has done a terrific job.

Would certainly buy one. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

and just because we are an expansion club, doesn't mean we we won't be relevant. Just watch us, we will make a huge impact.

The jumpers were done by lmach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am also interested in helping players develop into future leaders here and elsewhere in the league. This means giving any players who want it greater responsibility and greater exposure to the day to day running of the club. If you are keen to step up, please get in touch with myself or Sydney Bloods.

As an unashamed rookie, can you expand on what this part actually means? What is involved in the day to day running of the club?

I'd have asked this privately but I figured having it out there means you don't have to answer the same question 8 times :thumbsu:

As an unashamed rookie, can you expand on what this part actually means? What is involved in the day to day running of the club?

I'd have asked this privately but I figured having it out there means you don't have to answer the same question 8 times :thumbsu:
Man management.

Haduken is clearly a rookie and looking for an explicit answer to his question and all you gave was "man management".

If you are going to help, help. If not - go wonder somewhere else and stop wasting the rookies time. Your answer wasn't any help to him as it gave no advice or description to his question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back