Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Review Vs East Side Hawks

Another massive game this week and one that the Warriors needed to win if they hoped to stay top of the ladder. The Hawks pre-match banter, led by larrikin, Mr Eagle and Atley certainly stoked the fire for this one and it promised to be a great game.

The first quarter didn't disappoint as both sides threw everything into the contest. zackah opened the scoring with the first goal but three goals to the Hawks saw them lead by 13 points mid-way through the quarter. Two goals from Haduken and invinciBlues got the Warriors back on level terms but a late double to Tarkyn_24 saw the Hawks lead by 13 points at the first change.

Quarter Time
East Side Hawks 5.2.32
Coney Island Warriors 3.1.19

The second term was all the Warriors as they held the Hawks goalless while adding five goals themselves. Goals to Stronzo, invinciBlues and deathevocation showed the dominance of the Warriors forward line and this helped the Warriors to a 19 point lead at halftime. The Warriors went into the main break with their tails up and it was going to take a big effort from the Hawks to get back into the game.

Half Time
East Side Hawks 5.3.33
Coney Island Warriors 8.4.52

The third term was an arm wrestle with both sides trading blows throughout the quarter. It was classic end to end footy as both teams went hard at it. The Hawks kicked four goals for the quarter but with invinciBlues continuing to hit the scoreboard and goals from alex_is_on_fire and Frankston Rover saw the Warriors go in to the last break 12 points in front. It was still anyone's game and it would be down to who could grab their chances in the last quarter.

Three Quarter Time
East Side Hawks 9.4.58
Coney Island Warriors 11.4.70

If the Warriors thought they could coast home in the last, goals to Dagless and Rendered Unsafe inside 4 minutes certainly put pay to that. Another inviciBlues goal restored the lead for the Warriors but the Hawks hit the front for the first time since the 7 minute mark of the second term and then went 7 points up halfway through the quarter. The Warriors needed something special and two goals in under a minute from Lord_Flashheart and invinciBlues wrested the lead back. With still 8 minutes of play left, it was going to be another nail biting finish. Goal number 7 for invinciBlues gave the Warriors some breathing space but Lunchlady Doris cut the margin to just 6 points with a minute and a half on the clock. A fantastic solo effort from Brucie Buffer produced the sealer and the Warriors were home by 12 points.

Another fantastic win against a very good side.

Final Scores
East Side Hawks : 15.5.95
Coney Island Warriors : 17.5.107

Goals
invinciBlues 7; Stronzo 2; zackah, Lord_Flashheart, Mr_Smooth, Haduken, Brucie Buffer, alex_is_on_fire, Frankston Rover, deathevocation 1.

Best
invinciBlues, candiehappy, El Dubya, BigJoeD, Frankston Rover, zackah

Next Week
Another Match of the Round, this time against the second placed Mount Buller Demons. The winner will go a game clear on top and would almost guarantee themselves a finals spot. It promises to be an epic game and the Warriors get to host, so let's make sure we make them feel welcome.

Another exceptional week of posting and probably our best Match Thread of the season. A big thanks to the Hawks who were a lot of fun. To the Warriors, let's keep this up and see you next week where we will see another debutante in Norm Landrover - let's get around him and get him a win first up.

Since I'm pretty new I thought I'd steal Norm Landrover 's idea and introduce myself.

1. Favourite Footy Player?
Harry Taylor

2. The Best Player Ever is? Max Rooke

3. The First Thing I'd buy if I Was Rich is? A house.

4. Favourite Movie? Goodfellas

5. Favourite Food? Mexican seafood.

6. Top 3 Favourite Songs? 3. Down by the River - Neil Young, 2. Into My Arms - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, 1. I am the Supercargo - The Drones

7. Three people, living or dead, you'd invite to dinner? Ernest Hemingway, George Orwell and Martin Scorcese.

8. Leave Pass Shag? Emma Watson

9. If you could have a special ability or super power, what would it be? Intangibility.

10. Everyone loves ___________ but I hate it. Yogurt.

Alright - Match of the Round coming up this week.

Do we stick with the side from last week - with the inclusions of eaglesfan99 and Norm or does anyone feel they need a change of position?

Happy to accomodate changes if you want to.

Alright - Match of the Round coming up this week.

Do we stick with the side from last week - with the inclusions of eaglesfan99 and Norm or does anyone feel they need a change of position?

Happy to accomodate changes if you want to.
if it aint broke .....

Well, Im keen to stay at FF if it doesnt upset the apple cart.

Likewise with the ruck - I've grown quite fond of you little blokes following me around...

That said, happy to play wherever FR

Yeah thought most of us aren't fussed. I'll probably leave it as is for the most part.

Including your position? You've had a pretty handy past couple of games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Including your position? You've had a pretty handy past couple of games

Dunno. Was thinking of slotting EF99 back in there but he's been a bit off the boil in that role. Might have a think about it! :)

Yeah thought most of us aren't fussed. I'll probably leave it as is for the most part.

Just keep zackah where he is, he's been driving more skulls into the turf than a ... erm... an electrified skull-driving-turf machine thingy? Sorry, brain is still a bit haywire after our celebration drinks :oops:

Dunno. Was thinking of slotting EF99 back in there but he's been a bit off the boil in that role. Might have a think about it! :)
are you looking for the Captain Hodge role ? (cheap possies in the back line ;) )

Frankston Rover are you going to get any of your guys to do posting stats?

No, I'm not doing them for you.

I did the stats for this week:

Code:
Posts    Name
77       Frankston
70       candiehapp
62       alex_is_on
50       invinciBLU
43       Mr_Smooth
42       El Dubya
35       Aussie Roc
31       Sydney Blo
29       Zackah
25       BigJoeD
18       Stronzo
8        Reginald P
4        Lord_Flash
3        eaglesfan99
1        thetradesm
1        Haduken
0        Mofra
0        amos
0        Brucie Buf
0        deathevoca
0        oogac

If you could do the rest...

Code:
Posts    Name
77       Frankston
70       candiehapp
62       alex_is_on
50       invinciBLU
43       Mr_Smooth
42       El Dubya
35       Aussie Roc
31       Sydney Blo
29       Zackah
25       BigJoeD
18       Stronzo
8        Reginald P
4        Lord_Flash
3        eaglesfan99
1        thetradesm
1        Haduken
0        Mofra
0        amos
0        Brucie Buf
0        deathevoca
0        oogac

The idea is to get your new guys more involved ;)

Code:
Posts    Name
77       Frankston
70       candiehapp
62       alex_is_on
50       invinciBLU
43       Mr_Smooth
42       El Dubya
35       Aussie Roc
31       Sydney Blo
29       Zackah
25       BigJoeD
18       Stronzo
8        Reginald P
4        Lord_Flash
3        eaglesfan99
1        thetradesm
1        Haduken
0        Mofra
0        amos
0        Brucie Buf
0        deathevoca
0        oogac

The idea is to get your new guys more involved ;)
I'm the grandfather in the team. You can't post stats from an abacus...

Code:
Posts    Name
77       Frankston
70       candiehapp
62       alex_is_on
50       invinciBLU
43       Mr_Smooth
42       El Dubya
35       Aussie Roc
31       Sydney Blo
29       Zackah