Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DemonJim

#sweettasteofdemonjimstears

#demonjimhasonlygotoneball #theotherishangingonthewall #hismotherthedirtybugger #cutitoffwhenhewassmall

I think it's time we really worked our #hashtag

I feel like it should be #comeouttoplay but BB has #comeouttoplayiay in his sig and #comeoutandplay has been used. Can we get something consistent going or am I just being an anally retentive dick?
#ComeOutToPlayIay is just like in the movie, but I'm all for #ComeOutToPlay as well.

Also:

Fast Facts

• Coney Island Warriors became the first club since Blues Brothers in Season 04 to win a final in their debut season.
We're making history!

Hate to do this but I have to go, this is taking time away from my footy training and I need to be a footy player, I'll be back in a few years go the mighty warriors. Cmon, boys win the granny.

Hate to do this but I have to go, this is taking time away from my footy training and I need to be a footy player, I'll be back in a few years go the mighty warriors. Cmon, boys win the granny.
Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Who's playing football in November?

And surely you can wait until the finals are over?

Anyway, it's your call.

Who's playing football in November?

And surely you can wait until the finals are over?

Anyway, it's your call.
Green Bay Packers. Maybe he's following Hayne over to the states.

Second Elimination Final Match Review Vs Roys FFC

The Warriors entered their first finals campaign looking to arrest the form slump which had threatened to take the gloss off what had been an impressive debut season. The Warriors came up against a veteran Roys outfit which had defeated the Warriors twice already in Season 18 - a victory here would surpass even the most optimistic of Warrior expectations.

The game started in ominous fashion for the home team, the Roys booting the first goal within 2 minutes. The Warriors regained their composure quickly however, driving the ball forward and giving their forwards every opportunity. After some inaccurate kicking for goal the Warriors found their radar, kicking 7 goals for the quarter and breaking out to a commanding 33 point lead at the first change.

Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 7.3.45
Roys FFC 2.0.12

As sure as the first quarter belonged to the Warriors, the second stanza belonged to the Roys - their aging midfield gaining the ascendency and punishing the Warriors in front of the big sticks. Warriors backmen candiehappy and BoshtrichBurger were working overtime to stem the tide - in the end an 8 goal to 3 quarter from the Roys saw the Warriors hold a slender 3 point lead at the main break.

Half Time
Coney Island Warriors 10.4.64
Roys FFC 10.1.61

Following a half time bake from the coach the Warriors burst out of the blocks to start the third - oogac, El Dubya and zackah dominating around the middle of the ground. The Warriors piled on the first 5 goals of the quarter, before the Roys were able to pull back the margin to 22 points entering the final quarter.

Three Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 17.6.108
Roys FFC 14.2.86

When the Warriors kicked the first goal of the term within 13 seconds this one looked over - but as is their way the Roys refused to give in, piling on 5 of the next 6 goals to level the scores with only minutes to play. With the home crowd holding their collective breath it seemed liked the Roys were going to break the Warriors hearts until Sydney Bloods (his 8th for the match) and zackah slotted home majors, the Warriors running out 13 point winners to move on to the Semi Final round!

Final Scores
Coney Island Warriors 21.8.134
Roys FFC 19.7.121

Goals
Sydney Bloods 8, Norm Landrover 3, eaglesfan99 2, BigJoeD 2, Frankston Rover, oogac, invinciBlues, El Dubya, zackah, Lord_Flashheart

Best
Sydney Bloods, BigJoeD, oogac, zackah, El Dubya, candiehappy, Norm Landrover

Commiserations to Reardo & fitzroybulldog on a tough loss - thanks for another enjoyable match thread, and best wishes over the off season :thumbsu:

'Pwned' Trophy Nomination - Second Elimination Final
100px-0,112,0,112-PWNED_Trophy.png

This weeks nomination goes to Warriors B&F favorite and All-SFA fancy Lord_Flashheart, for this triumvirate of zingers:

Freddie Mercury was once allegedly asked how he contracted AIDS. He said something to the effect of: How do I know? I dont have eyes in the back of my head.

There is a cafe in Brisbane run by two lesbian ladies called Tongue and Groove.

2 people doing the tango can be amazing to watch, it only takes one of them to step on the others toes to ruin the whole thing.

SpikeClapping.gif

Congratulations Flashy on another 'Pwned' Trophy nomination :thumbsu:

Next Week

The Warriors travel to Punt Rd Oval to take on the Fighting Furies in the 2nd Semi Final. The Warriors have already notched two victories over the Furies this season but will start as underdogs again - just how we like it...

Last edited:
Second Elimination Final Match Review Vs Roys FFC

The Warriors entered their first finals campaign looking to arrest the form slump which had threatened to take the gloss off what had been an impressive debut season. The Warriors came up against a veteran Roys outfit which had defeated the Warriors twice already in Season 18 - a victory here would surpass even the most optimistic of Warrior expectations.

The game started in ominous fashion for the home team, the Roys booting the first goal within 2 minutes. The Warriors regained their composure quickly however, driving the ball forward and giving their forwards every opportunity. After some inaccurate kicking for goal the Warriors found their radar, kicking 7 goals for the quarter and breaking out to a commanding 33 point lead at the first change.

Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 7.3.45
Roys FFC 2.0.12

As sure as the first quarter belonged to the Warriors, the second stanza belonged to the Roys - their aging midfield gaining the ascendency and punishing the Warriors in front of the big sticks. Warriors backmen candiehappy and BoshtrichBurger were working overtime to stem the tide - in the end an 8 goal to 3 quarter from the Roys saw the Warriors hold a slender 3 point lead at the main break.

Half Time
Coney Island Warriors 10.4.64
Roys FFC 10.1.61

Following a half time bake from the coach the Warriors burst out of the blocks to start the third - oogac, El Dubya and zackah dominating around the middle of the ground. The Warriors piled on the first 5 goals of the quarter, before the Roys were able to pull back the margin to 22 points entering the final quarter.

Three Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 17.6.108
Roys FFC 14.2.86

When the Warriors kicked the first goal of the term within 13 seconds this one looked over - but as is their way the Roys refused to give in, piling on 5 of the next 6 goals to level the scores with only minutes to play. With the home crowd holding their collective breath it seemed liked the Roys were going to break the Warriors hearts until Sydney Bloods (his 8th for the match) and zackah slotted home majors, the Warriors running out 13 point winners to move on to the Semi Final round!

Final Scores
Coney Island Warriors 21.8.134
Roys FFC 19.7.121

Goals
Sydney Bloods 8, Norm Landrover 3, eaglesfan99 2, BigJoeD 2, Frankston Rover, oogac, invinciBlues, El Dubya, zackah, Lord_Flashheart

Best
Sydney Bloods, BigJoeD, oogac, zackah, El Dubya, candiehappy, Norm Landrover

Commiserations to Reardo fitzroybulldog on a tough loss - thanks for another enjoyable match thread, and best wishes over the off season :thumbsu:

'Pwned' Trophy Nomination - Second Elimination Final
100px-0,112,0,112-PWNED_Trophy.png

This weeks nomination goes to Warriors B&F favorite and All-SFA fancy Lord_Flashheart, for this triumvirate of zingers:

SpikeClapping.gif

Congratulations Flashy on another 'Pwned' Trophy nomination :thumbsu:

Next Week

The Warriors travel to Punt Rd Oval to take on the Fighting Furies in the 2nd Semi Final. The Warriors have already notched two victories over the Furies this season but will start as underdogs again - just how we like it...

I even got a B/F vote . . . huh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I even got a B/F vote . . . huh.

These are 'unofficial' votes mate, but rest assured your form in the forward line has been excellent over the past few weeks :thumbsu:

Sad to see eaglesfan99 go. I remember our first ever verbal fisticuffs when I was a Gumby and you were a Wonder. Seems just like yesterday when both of us were posting 100+ in that god forsaken thread.

Most players end up being a flash in the pan, you were one of those, good and bad. Hope to see you visit these parts in the future young'un.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back