Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors - Season 19 : B&F Winner: El Dubya

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Put the knife away Alex

No knifes, just asking a question and creating a positive review of the game.

If we learn from it good. If not, the questions will get louder.

I know I posted a stack of times and so did others. I just think its a bit early to ask that question.

I know I posted a stack of times and so did others. I just think its a bit early to ask that question.

I was trying to gee us up mate, nothing more nothing less. The sim gave us a belting

I don't think he was questioning posters participation more what the sim pumped out. No one likes to lose but it's just a bit of fun.

Team Stats after Round 2:

5nkig3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not Robinson Crusoe there, champ.

We'll bounce back this week. :thumbsu:

I'm not one to rock the team boat but Spare is ******* useless, time to give him the flick Franky

swwoea.jpg

What was good?
  • 16 total contributors is a good spread. Down 3 from Round 1 but still a good representation from our outfit.
  • 15/16 who participated went our double digits in posting. Very nice to see.
  • It was a manageable thread and we didn't go overboard with our posting to be labelled spamming, aside from you alex_is_on_fire but you were just playing catch up from the week before. :p
What was not so good?
  • 59% of the thread was dominated by us. How is this bad you may ask? Well, in my eyes we didn't engage in roughing up the Dragons enough to the best of our abilities. Granted they were pretty quiet and uninterested this week, but we could've antagonised more to get them out of their slumber.
  • Engaging in s**t slinging with Soggy. This week it'll be alright because we're playing his team, but during the most recent thread, all we needed to do was ignore his baiting and all would've been swell. As it stands he just wants to get a rise out of us and make us slip up so that he can continue on his crusade. Don't respond to him when he stalks our other match threads and he'll leave us alone sooner or later.
  • We had 10 donuts compared to 7 last week in terms of contributors. It'd be great if guys like oogac, Norm Landrover, NetworkNerd and Retired Jimmy could pop in and represent us against the Royals. The more the merrier and it'd give Franky a good problem to have if you guys pushed for better positions.

***Note: the contents of this post are the views of one BoshtrichBurger only, any grievances please direct them to him.***

BoshtrichBurger, I don't think I spam?

I just enjoy the conversation and reply to different people posts.

If I genuinely spam, maybe I shouldn't post.
It was tongue in cheek, post however you want to post man. I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from posting.

Round 2 Match Review Vs Dragons FFC

Round 2 saw the Warriors return home from a fruitful West Coast roadtrip to take on fellow Round 1 victor the Dragons. After a strangely one sided match thread, the Warriors were looking to make a statement in front of their adoring home fans.

The Dragons burst out of the blocks to start the match, dominating the clearances and pumping the ball forward at will. With defenders Sydney Bloods and Haduken working overtime in the back half the Warriors struggled to contain the Dragon onslaught, heading into the first break facing a 32 point defecit.

Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 0.1.1
Dragons FFC 5.3.33

The Dragon onslaught continued in the second quarter, with the Warriors struggling to halt the Dragons' momentum - Stronzo finalling opening the Warrior account at the 10 minute mark of the quarter. The Warriors continued to fight against the tide and when oogac opened his account the Warriors were able to head into the long break a recoverable 33 points adrift.

Half Time
Coney Island Warriors 3.3.21
Dragons FFC 8.6.54

When the Dragons started the third term in a similar vein to the first, the writing was on the wall for the Warriors - the Dragons skipping out to an unassailable 47 point lead at the 10 minute mark. While Warrior rookies Raveneyes and The Mighty Boosh battled on manfully, the Dragons poured on the pressure, eventually taking a 52 point advantage into the final change.

Three Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 4.5.29
Dragons FFC 12.9.81

With the match result a foregone conclusion the Warriors battled on manfully in the last quarter, desperate to take some momentum out of the game and into their Round 3 matchup the following week. With the Dragons easing down the Warriors were able to kick 3 of the 5 final quarter goals in what was one of the few positives to come out of the game.

Final Scores
Coney Island Warriors 7.10.52
Dragons FFC 14.11.95

Goals
zackah, oogac, Les Norton, The Mighty Boosh, Alex_is_on_Fire, stronzo, BigJoeD

Best
The Mighty Boosh, Raveneyes, Haduken, Les Norton, Sydney Bloods, Reginald Perrin

Cheers to The Filth Wizard and the Dragons for the week, and good luck for the rest of the season :thumbsu:

'Pwned' Trophy Nomination - Round 2
100px-0,112,0,112-PWNED_Trophy.png

In what turned out to be a surprisingly tame match thread, it was Warriors returnee invinciBlues who stakes his claim this week:

Andonis 1997: Of course they need to play me. They need the youth in the team and the players that will run all game long.
Why do the Warriors need you, FR?

He's our enforcer, you keep going and on game day you'll wind up with summer teeth. Some are here, and some are over ******* there :thumbsu:

b6QUUwq.gif

Congratulations invinciBlues on your Round 2 nomination :thumbsu:

Next Week

The Warriors play host to fellow Top 8 side the Gold City Royals this week - and if the first day of banter is any indication we are in for a feisty one, so let's make sure we all pop in and get amongst it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back