Confirmed: Petracca out for the season with a torn ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

No good...

Hope he bounces back hard. Has ridiculous talent

This is the same sick feeling I had when I saw the general go down against us the second time, Just horrible to see someone not get to show there talents

Oh well, no biggie, he needed to get fitter anyway. Probably wouldn't have done all that much this year, so why whine about it? Get him sorted with another preseason under his belt, and the kid will be itching to get out on the park. Think positive guys, it's not always for the worst. Just think if Hogan had played under neeld, imagine the potential horror stories there. As a team, we will be fine, if not better than we thought we'd be.

Oh well, no biggie, he needed to get fitter anyway. Probably wouldn't have done all that much this year, so why whine about it? Get him sorted with another preseason under his belt, and the kid will be itching to get out on the park. Think positive guys, it's not always for the worst. Just think if Hogan had played under neeld, imagine the potential horror stories there. As a team, we will be fine, if not better than we thought we'd be.

I want whatever your on injected straight into my eyeball

Decided I needed a bit of education on this. Yes, we all know that ACLs are bad and we lose a top prospect for 12 months - it's done.

CP will get the best support in his recovery - we know this also.

Sticking point is the associated damage. Assuming the guy in this clip knows what he's talking about, we need to worry more about the associated damage rather than the ACL itself wrt future ruptures.

If CP endured damage to the meniscus or lining cartilage as well then there are negative implications for possible re-ruptures in the future. If it is simply just the ACL then theoretically he can come back in 12 months in same condition prior to injury.

raining_david_tennant.gif

3529845651_will_there_ever_be_a_rainbow_big_xlarge.jpeg

Anyone got a good examples of players who have done an ACL early in their career and come back from it to be a gun? I need optimism!

Joel Selwood comes to mind (I think it was an ACL) and Brendon Goddard possibly too?
Gawn has had 2 or 3. Not at gun level yet, but will be.

Anyone got a good examples of players who have done an ACL early in their career and come back from it to be a gun? I need optimism!

Joel Selwood comes to mind (I think it was an ACL) and Brendon Goddard possibly too?
matthew_richardson1.jpg

Good luck Christian.

I want whatever your on injected straight into my eyeball

No use freaking out, what's it going to solve?

Decided I needed a bit of education on this. Yes, we all know that ACLs are bad and we lose a top prospect for 12 months - it's done.

Sticking point is the associated damage. Assuming the guy in this clip knows what he's talking about, we need to worry more about the associated damage rather than the ACL itself wrt future ruptures.

If CP endured damage to the meniscus or lining cartilage as well then there are negative implications for possible re-ruptures in the future. If it is simply just the ACL then theoretically he can come back in 12 months in same condition prior to injury.

Spot on. Wait and see the extent, then proceed with appropriate treatment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to get the best available witch doctor to cleanse our bad spirits. It is beyond a joke. Our last five years have been a slow moving train crash.
We need to respond to it like winners though and use it as motivation to say F.U. to whatever bad karma is trying to drag us back. The losers way is to quietly sob and quit.

Shitful news, here's hoping for a speedy recovery for the young lad - I was really looking forward to watching him this year!!!

Sorry for the intrusion guys.
Real shame for the kid and the club.
We are in a similar situation where our youth bring excitement and memberships.

Fingers crossed he comes back strong next year.

Good luck for the season ahead.

Here's barracking for Melbourne in a microcosm:

Take the most bubbly, positive, talented teenager then break his ****ing ACL.

There you have it. if lost all my enthusiasm for this season and we haven't even played nab challenge games yet. ****.

Meniscus isn't too bad, 8 week recovery for repair, 2 weeks if it's just cut out - it will have issues later in life but the cartilage wasn't performing it's function anyway so the downside isn't that big.

The condyle cartilage has a much, much lower success rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back