Congats to buddy 1st player to kick 60+ goals in 7 consecutive years since Dunstall

Remove this Banner Ad

So how many years did Dunstall kick over 60 goals for? What's the record ?

If Buddy plays out his contract at Sydney he could end up the most consistant goal kicker of all time at least

He will retire as one of the great KPF of the game. Potentially surpassing Carey as the greatest chf.

Buddy isnt a good enough marker of the footy to be considered better than Carey
Carey was a far better CHF, but what Buddy cant be measured on is his freak ability to only get 9 touches but kick 6 of the most amazing goals you will ever see

If Buddy was half as good a contested mark as Carey he probably would have kicked 2000 because he would still be unstoppable , and Im not underrating his contested marking which was good this year

Buddy will probably go down = with Ablett as the most freakishly talented forward however

Very hard player to rate accurately, will/should go down in the history books as an all time great.
He has the excitement and X factor that Ablett had, without the marking ability, but he does involve his teammates more than Ablett.
Doesn't kick goals like a Lockett or Dunstall, but does so much more up the ground.

Still one of my favourite players to watch.

Probably still a rung below the absolute best, but those judgements are best left till a player finishes.

One of the most disappointing things of our Grand Final disaster was we missed the opportunity to see Buddy kick 7-8 in a Grand Final. He looked on that day and was making everything. I'll never watch the game again but I'll remember that contested mark he took against two Hawks in the goal square.

Sigh.

One of the most disappointing things of our Grand Final disaster was we missed the opportunity to see Buddy kick 7-8 in a Grand Final. He looked on that day and was making everything. I'll never watch the game again but I'll remember that contested mark he took against two Hawks in the goal square.

Sigh.

Same thing in 2012. Waywardness cost us a flag (and led him to join the opponent).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh.

I HAVE watched it a few times and listened to it more....
I think bud's gf was a little over rated in many reviews. You yourself seem to be remembering his performance generously to take something positive out of the game. Not having a go, I did it in 2012.
He stood out a little because he had so many under performing team mates, plus the pundits were watching him more.
He kicked a goal a qtr but got most of his touches after the game was cooked.

Solid. But not 'on' and not 'making everything'

Same thing in 2012. Waywardness cost us a flag (and led him to join the opponent).
At least in 2012 you guys fought for a possible win, 2014 we looked like we wanted to go back home and have a nice cup of coffee. IF we were on buddy would've had an unbelievable day.

Sigh.
He just didn't give in. We threw a lot at him, but he just kept having a go and really earned his four goals.

His conversion is an issue. Roughy kicked more goals than him in the grand final (and in the other Sydney/hawthorn games that season) despite having much fewer shots.

But overall there is only one buddy. He's awesome and as much as I hate his deflection the grand final eased that a lot and I want to see him get some huge personal accolades now.

I think 1000 is a bridge too far. Guys who did that had several seasons kicking the tonne. If port manage to change the face of the game to be more attacking then it might happen, but more likely time is against him.

Carey was a far better CHF, but what Buddy cant be measured on is his freak ability to only get 9 touches but kick 6 of the most amazing goals you will ever see

If Buddy was half as good a contested mark as Carey he probably would have kicked 2000 because he would still be unstoppable , and Im not underrating his contested marking which was good this year

Buddy will probably go down = with Ablett as the most freakishly talented forward however

Yeah I agree with this - Buddy will never surpass Carey as a true CHF, but chuck him next to Carey on the flank with Ablett on the other and you have a pretty bloody handy half forward line.

One of the most disappointing things of our Grand Final disaster was we missed the opportunity to see Buddy kick 7-8 in a Grand Final. He looked on that day and was making everything. I will never watch the game again but I'll remember that contested mark he took against two Hawks in the goal square.

Sigh.
I can loan you the DVD if you like. :p

Hats off to Buddy, you will never hear a bad word about him from me.

I had no problem what so ever with him doing that deal (who in their right mind would not)

He was very impressive this year and looked almost 2008 like.

You say that but who else are they going to kick it to?
Tippett averaged 2.4 gpg to be 9th in the AFL for average goals per game, keeping him on the park is the difficulty.
Old man Goodes or witches hat Reid, big boys to kick it to aren't Sydney's problem, it's when it hits the deck (against the Hawks) where the problem lies.

I can loan you the DVD if you like. :p

Hats off to Buddy, you will never hear a bad word about him from me.

I had no problem what so ever with him doing that deal (who in their right mind would not)

He was very impressive this year and looked almost 2008 like.
Agree :thumbsu:
That's not to say it didn't hurt, because it certainly did, mind you, that hurt has subsided recently for some reason.:)

I would have said the same thing 12 months ago but he lifted his game another notch this year.

Sure he is a little weak above his head but Carey was a little weak in his head.

I also remember which one was more destructive to team spirit.

Carey still edges franklin but not for long.

I would have said the same thing 12 months ago but he lifted his game another notch this year.

Sure he is a little weak above his head but Carey was a little weak in his head.

hahahaha!

The off field has nothing to do with the player on

I always base it on this, if I was picking a CHF to play in a GF tommorow if would pick Carey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back